Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua injured

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
That line up would have to look like (with the players we have)

Ankergren

Calderon Greer El-Abd Painter

Sparrow Bridcutt Dicker

LuaLua Bennett Noone

Murray

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
No.

Ankergren
Calde Greer El-Abd Painter
Bridcutt
LuaLua Noone
Bennett
Murray Wood / Barnes

Midfield diamond with brudcutt shielding defence.

Would be annihilated in the middle of the park.

Try

Back 4 then

Bridcutt - Navarro

-Bennett-
Noone -- LuaLua out wide

-Murray- up top

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I think the first eleven in the Championship would be very different to our current first eleven if Gus has his way and gets the financial clout to improve the squad. He's already mentioned that he could be seeking up to seven new players. Of course he may not get his men, will be an interesting close season thats for sure!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Picture this....

You're a Championship central Defender lining up against Albion.
Murray up front - concern.
Wood / Barnes - think I can handle it, but Wood is a big lump with a good touch and Barnes' movement / positioning is good. Keep a close eye.
Lua Lua - right wing. Bloody hell, he's rapid. Be ready to cover my full back.
Noone - left wing. Great first touch, tricky dribbling skills. good delivery. Again my full back & watch out for those crosses
Bennett - top of the diamond. Swift player, great turn of pace. proven goalscorer from edge of the box. If my midfield let him through what do I do? Close him and leave their strikers? Stick with marking my striker and let him come forward to shoot or play a ball in to Lua Lua or Noone behind my full backs? Christ!

I've play that position (& full back) for many a year, up to County level. Facing that lot in the stripes would scare the hell out of me.

I think Gus could play all 3 of Bennett, Lua Lua & Noone.

Sign Lua Lua up!

At the same time the opposition strikers and midfielders will be thinking they're on for a hatful if we play those 6 from the start of a game

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I think the first eleven in the Championship would be very different to our current first eleven if Gus has his way and gets the financial clout to improve the squad. He's already mentioned that he could be seeking up to seven new players. Of course he may not get his men, will be an interesting close season thats for sure!

I wish Gus didn't mention actual figures when talking about signings, we'll have everyone on here counting them down over the summer and then screaming bloody murder if we only get 4!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Naah, all he has to say is "we tried to get the seven, but ees complicated..."

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Lua Lua's goal celebration doesn't help him to avoid injury. If I were his manager, I would tell him to celebrate some other way, like dancing around the corner flag.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Which they clearly will. They won't let him go for nothing when they can get money for him.

And if he were to sign a new deal they'd be 'stuck' with him. It's not as if a tribunal decide on much anyway. Didn't Bostock only go for about 75k up front?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here