Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua injured

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
If his contract is ending does he not have the right to pre-contract talks with another club and sign, such is the worry regarding Murray and Dicker etc.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
not convinced that his contract expires this season. I thought it was extended and runs out next year?

From a previous thread...

According to this website Kazenga LuaLua - Player profile - transfermarkt.co.uk his contract expires at the end of the season.

Of course, he would only be available free, if Newcastle were not to offer the same terms or an improved deal. Otherwise the two clubs would have to decide on a transfer fee, going to the tribunal if no fee can be agreed.

Edit:

Dated February 2010

Lua Lua today said :

"I don't really know about my future there.

"After this season I've got one more year.

"I have been playing for Newcastle’s reserves for about five years now and I don't want to keep playing for the reserves, so maybe in the summer it will be time for me to move."

"I'll see what happens. I have come here for a month and I will try to do my best in that time.

"If the manager would then like me to stay I'll have no problem with that. I have come here to enjoy it, play more and help the team get more points.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He did have a few hammy problems when he was with us. I remember he pulled up against Brentford at Withdean last season, as I'd pre-warned my Brentford-supporting mate that Lua Lua would tear his fullback a new arsehole - which he'd proceeded to do for 20 minutes until his hamstring twanged, and that was the last we saw of him for a month or so. Players with such explosive pace do seem more susceptible to that kind of injury (look at Owen).

He'd still be MORE than worth the risk though I think.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I'd be DELIGHTED if we signed him permanently. He is capable of producing magic that I have never before seen at this Club. He would be our X Factor. Granted he can't play 90 mins week in week out, but providing we don't break the bank for him he could be the player that turns a good team into something really special. McDons last week was case in point. If we had Lua Lua to come on when they went down to 10 men, I think we would have crusied to a 1-3 win. We NEED him.

This, really thought that watching at the Moucamp.

I believe as suggested here, although his contract expires he is too young to fall into the Bosman rulings and would be classed like Barry/Standing as part of club development so would require a fee to be decided by clubs or tribunal.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He did have a few hammy problems when he was with us. I remember he pulled up against Brentford at Withdean last season, as I'd pre-warned my Brentford-supporting mate that Lua Lua would tear his fullback a new arsehole - which he'd proceeded to do for 20 minutes until his hamstring twanged, and that was the last we saw of him for a month or so. Players with such explosive pace do seem more susceptible to that kind of injury (look at Owen).

He'd still be MORE than worth the risk though I think.

I think that this is why Gus didn't overplay him this season. he would be a risky signing imo due to his hamstring rather than the broken leg, but if it was a reasonable price I hope we'd go for it. His injury record should be reflected in the price though and we are assuming he hasn't lost any of that explosive pace. A wothwhile gamble though.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
I think Pardew will be let him go, he must be looking for bigger names: which means we must be in pole position to sign him, since we know what he can do and nobody else has seen what he can do for the past 4 months. There is some debate as to whether players can return to their best after a leg break: but given his age, it must be worth a gamble.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
If his contract is ending does he not have the right to pre-contract talks with another club and sign, such is the worry regarding Murray and Dicker etc.

Not until 6 weeks before his contract expries (If it's a club in the same league structure).

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Thanks BoF.

Happy to bow to your encyclopaedic knowledge :)

Looks like potentially good news for a transfer bid as long as we don't get gazzumped

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Pay as you play deal with a considered contract, something similar to what Calderon was offered this season until he proved his fitness and went back onto a full contract. As long as we don't over commit financially on him. Of course there may well be serious competition for his signature from Championship clubs which may blow us financially out of the water. Assuming of course he doesn't get and accept a new deal at Newcastle.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The idea of signing him, and seeing our current squad, with him, in the Championship is very, very exciting.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Even if he is out of contract that doesn't mean we'd get him for nothing. As due to his age we'd still have to agree a fee with Newcastle or go to tribunal.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I'd like Nooney to get a bit more of a go to see what he can do.

Doesnt he play in the same position that LuaLua would play?

He looks like he also has a few tricks up his sleeve to so be nice for him to get an extended run in the side.

NUFC1892

Feb 13, 2011
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
Wouldn't surprise me if we sold him to you lot tbh, not really based on much - just I think that he would have been given more of a chance here by now if we were confident that he'd be a first teamer here eventually. The chance to give him a run in the team would've been last season in the Championship but he only made a handful of sub appearances and played in the Carling cup game as far as I remember. It'd be a shame if we did sell him really, as other than Ben Arfa and to an extent Jonas and Barton we have no-one to play on the wing and Lua Lua may provide good back up at the very least, who knows.

We're a selling club now and should you lot put in a decent offer then we'd accept it for sure imo.

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
Picture this....

You're a Championship central Defender lining up against Albion.
Murray up front - concern.
Wood / Barnes - think I can handle it, but Wood is a big lump with a good touch and Barnes' movement / positioning is good. Keep a close eye.
Lua Lua - right wing. Bloody hell, he's rapid. Be ready to cover my full back.
Noone - left wing. Great first touch, tricky dribbling skills. good delivery. Again my full back & watch out for those crosses
Bennett - top of the diamond. Swift player, great turn of pace. proven goalscorer from edge of the box. If my midfield let him through what do I do? Close him and leave their strikers? Stick with marking my striker and let him come forward to shoot or play a ball in to Lua Lua or Noone behind my full backs? Christ!

I've play that position (& full back) for many a year, up to County level. Facing that lot in the stripes would scare the hell out of me.

I think Gus could play all 3 of Bennett, Lua Lua & Noone.

Sign Lua Lua up!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
This, really thought that watching at the Moucamp.

I believe as suggested here, although his contract expires he is too young to fall into the Bosman rulings and would be classed like Barry/Standing as part of club development so would require a fee to be decided by clubs or tribunal.

Even if he is out of contract that doesn't mean we'd get him for nothing. As due to his age we'd still have to agree a fee with Newcastle or go to tribunal.

I think for them to claim compensation they will need to offer him a contract on the same or better terms. The latest they can do this is seven days after either the first saturday or the last competitive match of the first team. If they don't offer a contract then they cannot claim there were intending to keep the player on the books.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here