Winchester
oh dear, my dream of a three pronged attack of:
----------------Owen----------------------
--Lualua-------------------Bennett-------

Is looking increasingly unlikely :(

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Selfish, but, let's hope he doesn't get any minutes on the pitch. The last thing we need is Kazenga scoring a 30yd free kick in front of all the Premiership scouts!

this..... totally selfishly, if he does come on, i hope today he looks shit and out of his depth, at least to the point that Pardew assesses another year in championship could bode well for him....

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
Newcastle can't go down, so it'll do no harm for Pardew to see what he can do against Premiership opposition and get some sort of idea what he wants to do with him in the summer.
Hopfully he doesn't have a stormer if he plays any part, and Pardew will happily let him come back down south again :thumbsup:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I suspect he will be available on loan next season but not before the end of the transfer window and probably only for the first half of the season in the first instance.
I also suspect Pardew is more than aware of our interest, genuinely wants to have a look at Kazenga at Premiership level, and is not averse to ensuring that a couple of substitute appearances greatly enhance the lad's transfer value.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The game is of zero interest to either clubs now so I am sure it is just an opportunity to see if he can cut in the Premiersh1te.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Bollocks.

Hopefully just to push his price up, but it looks like Pardew taking over at Newcastle really has ruined our chances of signing him. Am I right in saying that, had Kazenga stayed fit and Hughton still been in charge, all parties were confident of us signing him in January?

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Looked to me to be still limping when he came on at Withdean to collect his League One medal. Maybe not tho eh?

That's what I thought initially, but I think that's just the gangster walk - I remember thinking that Gifton Noel-Williams was constantly injured for that reason, too.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just back from a serious injury, so even if he still has his pace, it's unlikely to look as impressive against Chelsea players as it did against the carthorses and old league journeymen of league 1. Even fully fit I didn't think he looked ready for the Premiership and after so many months out I don't expect him to make an impression on his 1st game back, even if he gets on.

May even make up Pardew's mind to let him go, fingers crossed.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I woundnt worry too much according to the News of the World today (so it must be true) Newcastle are about to sign Charles N Zogbia from Wigan so Lua Lua will again be surplas to requirements

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
oh dear, my dream of a three pronged attack of:
----------------Owen----------------------
--Lualua-------------------Bennett-------

Is looking increasingly unlikely :(

If bennet goes to Norwich and Muzza does one, your 3 pronged attack may look more like

----------------Wood----------------------
--Noone-------------------Sparrow-------

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here