Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua deal off

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
His twitter page says he's on his way to Brighton "my Brighton fans you happy now" from his twitter page

Is his use of English really that shit?

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
Well surely there would be something on either The Argus or Official Site ? We always knew Kazenga would be coming down today not yesterday so i don't really get this to be honest.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Is his use of English really that shit?

Who cares, as long as he can do the business with his feet? And, more importantly, he does it for us.

:thumbsup:

If something comes from the horses mouth, as it were, how the hell is it a 'junkyard of information'?

I seem to remember the England world cup squad coming out mostly via twitter

Well as far as I am aware, that quote on Twitter was from yesterday, word fir word that was posted on here. As for horses mouth, well, he is not the only person involved in this deal and as far as I know, chris hughton is manager and calls the shots along with the chairman

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Sky Sports News just reported (real live person in the N.E.) that Lua Lua is likely to be on his way to Brighton this afternoon.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How long does it take to fly from Newcastle to Gatwick not long so anything is possible even if he trained with them this morning but personally I diont care whther he signs or not as he is not the answer to our major problems. I am more interested in signing somebody to play alongside Murray and thus use Barnes as back up.

pyi

Jul 24, 2007
LuaLua's return to Albion still up in the air
9:00am Tuesday 31st August 2010

Print Email Share Comments(2) By Andy Naylor »

Albion's attempt to bring Kazenga LuaLua back from Newcastle on loan has been plunged into uncertainty once again.

The Seagulls expected LuaLua to travel south yesterday and to complete the move this morning.

Instead the Congolese winger was still in Newcastle last night after training with the Toon.

Albion remain hopeful the deal will be completed before the transfer window closes at 6pm this evening, allowing LuaLua to be with them until December 31.

If not they will have to wait until the window re-opens for temporary transfers, although manager Gus Poyet is understood to be rapidly running out of patience with the on-off saga.

Poyet has been pursuing the return of LuaLua throughout the summer after the impact made by the speedy 19-year-old in 11 appearances for Albion towards the end of last season.

They have been left dangling by Newcastle but the breakthrough they had been waiting for had apparently arrived when Toon chief Chris Hughton was quoted in the North East yesterday morning confirming LuaLua would be rejoining Albion until Christmas.

It followed the Premier League newcomers’ capture on Saturday of 23-year-old France international winger Hatem Ben Arfa on a season-long loan from Marseille after another protracted transfer saga.

LuaLua’s non-appearance has now thrown the deal into fresh doubt and given Poyet an extra headache as he tries also to land a striker and defensive cover before the window shuts.

Poyet was unavailable for comment last night but speaking before the latest twist he said: “Everybody knows what Kaz is capable of producing, from his successful spell with us last year.

“We know what he brings, he will give us another attacking dimension with his pace.”

Print Email Share Comments(2)

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
How long does it take to fly from Newcastle to Gatwick not long so anything is possible even if he trained with them this morning but personally I diont care whther he signs or not as he is not the answer to our major problems. I am more interested in signing somebody to play alongside Murray and thus use Barnes as back up.

im glad youre not the manager.

with lua lua s pace he often has people doubling up on him . what does that do? leaves more space for murray and bennet and painter etc. it also means they defend deeper

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Yep who needs a left sided midfielder, lop sided is the way to go

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
One thing I'll say is that Poyet does seem to lack patience. I remember the major strop he had because Calderon stalled on signing.

I guess you could say his lack of patience worked on that occasion, but I hope we don't lose out on a talented player just because it's taking a long time to conclude the deal.

Oh and one other thing - I hope there is a genuine chance of us taking him for the whole season or maybe even permanently. I can't stand 3 month loan deals, on face value. I think they're a waste of time for everybody except the parent club. Isn't that what the reserve leagues are for?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
One thing I'll say is that Poyet does seem to lack patience. I remember the major strop he had because Calderon stalled on signing.

I guess you could say his lack of patience worked on that occasion, but I hope we don't lose out on a talented player just because it's taking a long time to conclude the deal.

Oh and one other thing - I hope there is a genuine chance of us taking him for the whole season or maybe even permanently. I can't stand 3 month loan deals, on face value. I think they're a waste of time for everybody except the parent club. Isn't that what the reserve leagues are for?

What do you mean lack of patience? I think he has been very patient over this like waiting since july.It's only the Argus spinning this story.Poyet was unavailable for comment last night so what does that tell you?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
And if Newcastle do pull the plug at the last minute then Poyet has every right to be pisssed off after the quote from Houghton saying he is going to Brighton.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What do you mean lack of patience? I think he has been very patient over this like waiting since july.It's only the Argus spinning this story.Poyet was unavailable for comment last night so what does that tell you?
I've got visions of GP frothing at the mouth over the way NUFC and KLL are stalling over this.

All I'm saying is that I hope he bites his tongue and gets it done. But is it really worth it for just a 3 month deal ?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
If Newcastle don't have an injury crisis at that time or a silly bid crops up in the new window then i can see the loan deal being extended easily.I can't see no reason why not. It's Newcastle playing it safe which i can understand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here