Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua deal off

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I thought Newcastle reported it before we did.
Anyway the Argus says it is on hold not off and expect it to happen today.
Only concern is someone else may have come in for him.

One word - Southampton

Newcastle wnat hım to be match fit so they wnat hım on loan if he plays. There may have been a late bıd from someone else wıth cash attached or ıt may be Gus ıs trying to get a longer loan.

Sılly for the club and Argus to report ıt ıf the ınk wasnt dry. Weve been here before wıth Currıe.

Agreed with that. maybe nothing too major as it did say in the media deal to be completed today so nothing had altered time wise yet. It is however a strong possibility that someone else has come in fir him late on maybe offering a higher wage percentage. Agents are also bastards so would not surprise me if deal collapses

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
We should offer what it takes to get him - even if we have to pay a higher % of his wages. We need Lua Lua and that's a fact.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
this on/off saga gets more and more rediculous every day. Its LUA LUA NOT f***ing RONALDO OR FABREGAS FFS.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Hopefully the loan deal will complete, but I think there has been too much fixation on this player. Unless Gus has a surprise as in another target.

Let's hope so. Any btw, where's the striker?

Fgt01

Jun 22, 2010
His twitter page says he's on his way to Brighton "my Brighton fans you happy now" from his twitter page

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Look this latest setback is just the Argus trying to sell a few copies.

Seeing as Naylor has no idea who we might be targeting on deadline day he has taken some facts, like Lua Lua not being at the club yesterday and created a whole story.

I'm still confident he will sign

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
This must be one of the most difficult loan transfers of all time.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Possibly, but as far as I know, Newcastle want to keep him, but I guess that means nothing these days.

There might be something in a permanent move as I know that Newcastle don't have that much to spend on strengthening their squad but on the other hand what we could pay probably wouldn't be enough to make any real difference to their budget.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Just sounds like Naylor throwing his toys out of his pram because he's not getting the scoop. LuaLua doesn't have to be anywhere near Brighton yesterday for this deal to happen, it was the Bank hol after all. I suspect he will be on the train to Sussex today and the deal concluded later. All the while he is still a Newcastle player there is nothing unusual about him turning up for work there and training ffs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here