Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lower league Pompey

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I wonder if the club have considered that Pompey will be unable to pay for any damage their fans do at the Amex bearing in mind the genetically challenged nature of some of them.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
I wonder if the club have considered that Pompey will be unable to pay for any damage their fans do at the Amex bearing in mind the genetically challenged nature of some of them.

We'd have to sell tickets to them first, something that I don't think is currently happening (and not sure if it actually will).

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Very much my pleasure - I am certain that there is still a great deal more to come out about Portsmouth. They are trying almost too hard to put everything in the court of Chanrai and Gaydamark but the corruption of Portsmouth FC began much earlier with Mandaric, Storrie, Redknapp and co. They may have beaten the rap with HMRC but they were the ones who "stole" an FA Cup from more honest rivals, stayed in the Premier League and went on tour in Europe using "dishonest" (and often non-existent) money. They set the standard to which their followers have striven to descend and in doing so they have remained in the Championship by deception and fraud alone, The extent of their malpractice and cynical manipulation of whatever rules they encounter should be a matter of public record.

Just for interest, are you stevebha as this post appears to be quoted verbatim on the pompey forum - just curious.

Perhaps I am wrong !

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Because Port Vale are in League 2 , I think they will be unlucky when they end up with a 17 point deduction.

under current rules and as applied to Portsmouth they can only be deducted 10 points this season. There would be a further, harsher, penalty should they fail to come out of administration before the start of next season or if they exited admin other than through a CVA (used to effectively prioritise football related debts ahead of other creditors).

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
What about your average Pompey fan? I agree with severnside gull and his posts, but at the close of business here you'll have thousands of fans whose club has been taken from them. Yes they'll have to rise from the ashes again and do it the hard way life afc wimbledon, and yes they will be able to do that, but that is a long journey. I feel for them. I'd like to see justice done and I guess importantly, I'd like to see some of the names mentioned held explicitly to account for what they have done. PS - who keeps an objective eye on our books now?

Well said. I feel for all those Portsmouth fans who, when the press began to alert them to the goings-on at Fratton Park, began to demand answers from Storrie, Gaydamak and Redknapp about the unsustainable spending and the failure to pay even the smallest debts to local businesses, and didn't bleat "Sasha loves the club" and "the media don't like us because we're a small club taking on their Premier League favourites" like sheep crossed with lemmings.

That's, errr.... none of them.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Just for interest, are you stevebha as this post appears to be quoted verbatim on the pompey forum - just curious.

Perhaps I am wrong !

no not me but I think some of my comments may have been lifted :) The more the merrier as far as I am concerned :lol:

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Tickets for the game ARE on sale to Season ticket holders.

Really? There's no mention on their website. Reading tickets are only being sold through Reading and that is the only game mention (bar the special circumstances with their game against Southampton). I can't imagine us handing over £40,000 worth of tickets to a club who have no money to pay.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
My understanding is that Portsmouth still have outstanding debts to other clubs from last season for ticket sales and quite possibly from the season before - no club that has played Portsmouth at home this season will have recieved any payment for tickets sold. They are, however, required to allow Portsmouth to sell tickets under FA and FL regulations and are ultimately guaranteed payment as preferred (football) creditors. In fairness this is partly explained, I believe, by there being an "offset" system where in the course of the season revenues from each club's sales to their own fans are tallied against each other and a single balancing payment made one way or the other. Like much of football (transfer fees being the main example) it is business conducted on the never-never with minimal monies changing hands up front and it is one of the reasons why costs are out of control across the industry as a whole.

Last edited:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
If Pompey don't pay full whack for every ticket sold, am I entitled to an equivalent refund for the £45 I paid for my and my boy's tickets ?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Did anyone else see the Pompey fan in the corner when dirty L**ds hit the bar? Making a massive two-handed wanker sign from chest to groin complete with thrusting hips :lolol:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Did anyone else see the Pompey fan in the corner when dirty L**ds hit the bar? Making a massive two-handed wanker sign from chest to groin complete with thrusting hips :lolol:

I think it may have been mentioned.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
My understanding is that Portsmouth still have outstanding debts to other clubs from last season for ticket sales and quite possibly from the season before - no club that has played Portsmouth at home this season will have recieved any payment for tickets sold. They are, however, required to allow Portsmouth to sell tickets under FA and FL regulations and are ultimately guaranteed payment as preferred (football) creditors. In fairness this is partly explained, I believe, by there being an "offset" system where in the course of the season revenues from each club's sales to their own fans are tallied against each other and a single balancing payment made one way or the other. Like much of football (transfer fees being the main example) it is business conducted on the never-never with minimal monies changing hands up front and it is one of the reasons why costs are out of control across the industry as a whole.

Despite the link from Bozza, still no news of Brighton ticket arrangemnts on the main ticket news page.. ???

Portsmouth Football Club | Tickets | Away Tickets

Whilst the above quote from severnside makes sense of sorts, I REALLY think we should have followed the example of Reading by only selling to then from the AMEX ticket office. Why should Brighton have to go through the hassle of joining a long line of creditors?

Not to mention, there's been a debate about the 'attendance' against Leeds & the abilty of some at PFC to count accurately. Why should we trust them?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Despite the link from Bozza, still no news of Brighton ticket arrangemnts on the main ticket news page.. ???

Whilst the above quote from severnside makes sense of sorts, I REALLY think we should have followed the example of Reading by only selling to then from the AMEX ticket office. Why should Brighton have to go through the hassle of joining a long line of creditors?

Not to mention, there's been a debate about the 'attendance' against Leeds & the abilty of some at PFC to count accurately. Why should we trust them?

Some one please urge Tony to make the same arrangements for our game on the 10th , why should the Albion subsidise the cheating tax dodging wankers

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

They are being sold - the link I posted is their official online ticketing site and if you pop along to any of their forums you'll read people posting about having bought them yesterday.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
They are being sold - the link I posted is their official online ticketing site and if you pop along to any of their forums you'll read people posting about having bought them yesterday.

Pompey are selling tickets for the 10th?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here