Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Louis Theroux on the telly tonight...

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I know we do not have the problems that are in Jo'burg, but in Brighton we have an increasing amount of security companies that now even patrol the streets. What worries me is what legislation do they work under, and do the individuals have codes of professional conduct?

What I really wonder is this protection money with a new face?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I know we do not have the problems that are in Jo'burg, but in Brighton we have an increasing amount of security companies that now even patrol the streets. What worries me is what legislation do they work under, and do the individuals have codes of professional conduct?

I rarely go to Brighton these days however there seemed to be a private security company called "North Laines" security I noticed on Saturday and I did wonder what are they doing, what is their remit and to what laws do they work under.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Sad but compelling TV. Amazing how cool Louis stays, I mean around a mob that is trying to burn someone in south africa and then getting the security guys to enter the hijacked building.

He is not afraid to ask the direct questions to both sides, the interviews with William the security guy who beat and tortured and then the criminal who said he would put his victims (his) children in the oven or cut his wifes throat.

Heavy stuff, makes the UK look a very safe place to live, however the places he visits were both ghettos with most crime committed on the poor people that had to live in them.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton

They basically have no powers whatsoever!! They work under the S.I.A. guidelines for security guards.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I was hoping this would get a bounce tonight. :)

I enjoyed it tonight, but I thought last week's one in Philly was much better.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
The scariest bloke was the one who the 'fixer' grew up with. You might not have got to that bit yet if you are watching it on iPlayer?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here