Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LOUDEST noise/singing at bha away Games

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The 2-1 win at Bramhall Lane against Sheff Utd, when Leon scored a late winner, rates as probably the loudest for me...other than the play-off final in Cardiff of course!

Cardiff? Loud? The atmosphere at Cardiff was shit.

In response to the thread starter, Peterborough is the loudest you are likely to ever experience and 30/10/2010 is your last chance so get down there.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Leeds 3-3 sticks out, so do a few from that year in the Championship.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Mentioned it in the Slade thread and although it was obviously not the loudest Bristol Rovers away deserves a mention. What a game. Never seen so much shit get launched in the air when the 2nd goal went in. First time i've been involved in a terrace surge as well. Hart was on fire that day and Slade's wild celebrations were amazing.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Mentioned it in the Slade thread and although it was obviously not the loudest Bristol Rovers away deserves a mention. What a game. Never seen so much shit get launched in the air when the 2nd goal went in. First time i've been involved in a terrace surge as well. Hart was on fire that day and Slade's wild celebrations were amazing.

Terrace surge?! I jumped about a but and got told off for knocking into someone! It won't be like that at Peterborough :)

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west

In response to the thread starter, Peterborough is the loudest you are likely to ever experience and 30/10/2010 is your last chance so get down there.

Ah, now this is where opinions differ, my memories of Peterborough are largely the snow, the red and white scarves and the sheer numbers who turned up...nothing to do with the noise we made.

So, I call that a draw!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate

Did you go for a piss when we sscored?

You're always slagging off the play-off final. "shit game, shit ground, shit atmosphere, they didn't sell harveys in the stadium" - what planet do you live on? We won against the odds in front of 30,000. Jesus wept.

It was f***ing Loud. 30,000 singing = loud. Incredible atmosphere after our goal. The only problem with it was the lack of song variation.

West Ham away when Butters scored sticks out, as I was in the home end and our fans sounded unbelievable. Leeds 3-3 was good too as others have stated.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Did you go for a piss when we sscored?

You're always slagging off the play-off final. "shit game, shit ground, shit atmosphere, they didn't sell harveys in the stadium" - what planet do you live on? We won against the odds in front of 30,000. Jesus wept.

It was f***ing Loud. 30,000 singing = loud. Incredible atmosphere after our goal. The only problem with it was the lack of song variation.

West Ham away when Butters scored sticks out, as I was in the home end and our fans sounded unbelievable. Leeds 3-3 was good too as others have stated.

Er, I think I have once, maybe twice. I know plenty of people I was with thought the same. I think it was just the way Leon took the penalty that ruined it for me but I never did like him.

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
The ones already mentioned like Watford, Millwall, Sheff Utd and Cardiff are all near the top for me but the loudest for me was when McShane scored at Smellhurst. Ive never seen a goal celebrated so madly as I did that night!

:thumbsup:

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Er, I think I have once, maybe twice. I know plenty of people I was with thought the same. I think it was just the way Leon took the penalty that ruined it for me but I never did like him.

which part of Leon's match winning promotion winning penalty displeased you?

get over yourself buddy. 30,000 in the stripes and i reckon approximately 29,999 went home extremely happy. i know i did.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Ah, now this is where opinions differ, my memories of Peterborough are largely the snow, the red and white scarves and the sheer numbers who turned up...nothing to do with the noise we made.

So, I call that a draw!

Did you have ear muffs on at Peterborough!?.The noise that day was fantastic and the goal celebrations were just as good.I remember watching most of the game 'sideways on' as it was so packed in there.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Did you have ear muffs on at Peterborough!?.The noise that day was fantastic and the goal celebrations were just as good.I remember watching most of the game 'sideways on' as it was so packed in there.

Nope, but I was right at the back of the stand in the top corner...rather stupidly took my camera with me and put it on top of the wall so I could celebrate the goals...I guess it is just down to some memories of a game over-riding others, no matter how bizarre they might be, for me Plymouth will always be a blow-up Shrek donkey!

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
I remember Barry Fry said he wished Posh had supporters as good as ours after one of those Peterboro' games, always a great atmosphere there. The Orient cup game was superb, millions of balloons too (even though we lost), I remember Bristol City (1-1 draw I think) was excellent noise too, Anfield in the FA cup 4th round (91'?).
Will be interesting to see if we can get anything like the Goldstone atmosphere back at Falmer, will depend on how arsey the stewards are re sitting, they seem to ignore standing behind the goals at all the big clubs now, so they should with us too, you just can't sing properly sitting down, nor do you want to.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
anfield in the cup. mcshane in the 79th match at smellhurst. leyton orient in the cup in 98 i think. we got tanked 4.0 i think but took about 5,000. actually the season after when we won was also pretty special.

That cup at Orient we actually lost 4-2, we scored first quite early and the place went mental, seats breaking etc.

Also Peterborough away 2001(?) when Harty broke his leg and Zamora scored the winner. was very loud

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Will be interesting to see if we can get anything like the Goldstone atmosphere back at Falmer, will depend on how arsey the stewards are re sitting, they seem to ignore standing behind the goals at all the big clubs now, so they should with us too, you just can't sing properly sitting down, nor do you want to.

This also needs to be looked at objectively, when I first went to the Goldstone I chose to stand somewhere that was relatively safe, which largely meant the East Terrace...however, I really wanted to go in the North Stand where there was a bit of an atmosphere and it took several years before a friend managed to convince me to go in there. Have to say that the comparison between the East and North was massive, I think that I can guess where those people who are identified as whingers at Withdean used to stand and it wasn't behind the goal!

If we can rediscover the noise and humour of the North Stand once we move to Falmer it really could be something special.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
This

The 3-3 at Leeds was pretty amazing as well. I've got some .WAV files I did on my phone from that day. 'Who the fuckin' hell are you' sounds particularly ROUSING

very much this . dig 'em out HINEY :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here