Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Losing your parents in a supermarket as a kid

Is the most terrifying thing in the world. NOTHING used to shit me up like that, and I mean the equivalent nowadays would be having a gun pointed to my head.

What is it about that moment when you turn round and realise you're on your own in those huge aisles and masses of trollies that used to turn you into a babbling wreck frantically running from stranger to stranger begging for help.

I can recall one time in ASDA down the marina I lost my family and I completely bawled it, those 5 or so minutes felt like they went on forever. I was still shaken up when I got to work.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm now 50, my mother 86, and every now and then I lose my mother in a supermarket... trouble is, she keeps finding me !

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Bensgrandad didn't have supermarkets when he was a kid.

NMH got lost in a shopping mall, but ended up having a milkshake with The Who.

TLO refused to shop in a supermarket with his parents, but once almost got lost up at the allotments.

Lord Bracknell got lost whilst trying to sell lumps of coal in Newport at a local market.

Adrie's parents tried to lose him in a supermarket.

Basil Fawlty can be found in a supermarket. Up the dairy aisle (that is not a euphanysm).

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
This happened to me as a little kid in Marks and Spencer. In the end, the security man found me and they put a message over the tannoy.

I was blubbing so badly.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
I got seperated from my mum when I was a kid down Shepherds Bush Market & was frightened beyond belief, especially when a man held onto me & insisted on keeping a hold of me until my Mum found me.
A strange looking man just like those that could morph into an identikit "Bad Man"
Luckily my Mum appeared out of the crowd forming whilst I tried to free myself from the certain abduction taking place & from the look on her face I knew that she too knew that this was one of "Those Men"
I have moved on since that incident but realise how lucky I was to be found by Bruce Forsyth.

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
i managed to fit through the bars on my primary school gate and i went for a walk up dukes street b4 i was spotted by one of the other mothers at school haha

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3711081 said:
I can recall one time in ASDA down the marina I lost my family and I completely bawled it, those 5 or so minutes felt like they went on forever. I was still shaken up when I got to work.

:lolol:

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
My brother got lost in woolies and was put in the window so he would be seen by everyone. Unfortunately my mother found him again

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i got lost in marks and spencers in worthing when i was 4........went for a wander while my mum was trying a dress on , out the door and across to gamleys toy shop for a gander,when i decided to wander back my mum was incandescant with rage when her question "where have you been?" was answered with "in the toy shop".........mums were allowed to whack their kids in public in those days i seem to remember.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Never mind Ben's Grandad, we didn't have supermarkets when I was a young kid.

I lost my kids in a supermarket once when we were holiday, it was an exceptionally big store and I wandered around for 15 minutes looking for them. In the end, I had to get a tannoy message out and they were found: they were really shaken up, as I was.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This happened to me as a little kid in Marks and Spencer. In the end, the security man found me and they put a message over the tannoy.

I was blubbing so badly.

Similar here I believe, except while doing so I cracked my head on a window display shelf and wound up needing stitches in my head. I think it was in Plymouth. I may suffer flashbacks before Tuesday :lolol:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I was a bit of a terror for my parents as i'd often just disappear or hit the bolt.

When I was 2 i crossed a 6 carriage highway after getting out the back door. Girl next door found me wandering up the highway 800 metres from the house.

When I was four i jumped a 6ft fence and walked 4kms home from the baby sitters house to my house.

From the age of 18 months to about 3 1/2 I was put on a child harness every time I went out in public.

Dunno if they still make them but they had a harness to go round the kids chest and basically a lead attached to it just like a dog lead.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
I used to play fight with my dad when I got bored around shops (more of a case of me giving him a few jabs). So I lost my dad in a shop when I was about 5 and I saw someone about the same size as he's a big bloke I was sure it was him. So I went up to him and started giving him a few jabs and asked him where he'd been, the bloke turned around and it wasn't him. I was just slightly embarrased. :blush:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here