Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Losing your parents in a supermarket as a kid

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3711081 said:
Is the most terrifying thing in the world. NOTHING used to shit me up like that, and I mean the equivalent nowadays would be having a gun pointed to my head.

What is it about that moment when you turn round and realise you're on your own in those huge aisles and masses of trollies that used to turn you into a babbling wreck frantically running from stranger to stranger begging for help.

I can recall one time in ASDA down the marina I lost my family and I completely bawled it, those 5 or so minutes felt like they went on forever. I was still shaken up when I got to work.

:lolol: Good to see you back!

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
As a kid my dad took me to London "to see the sights".

We were in a crowd waiting for something to happen (I didn't know what) when I realised that I couldnt see him, so in my inevitable panic I ran out into the road to look for him - straight into the path of the Household cavalry - which it turned out to be what the crawd was waiting for.........

luckily my dad grabbed me by the neck and hauled me back in, which prevented a potentially bad Horse / Kid collision. :facepalm:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
My Sister and I spent many a good hour trying to lose Mum in Woolworths in Horsham, their standard operating procedure was to take lost kids to the pick'n'mix so we gorged on toffees whilst they sent out a Mrs OW you've lost your kids again message, worked well but wore thin when I reached 18

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
My Sister and I spent many a good hour trying to lose Mum in Woolworths in Horsham, their standard operating procedure was to take lost kids to the pick'n'mix so we gorged on toffees whilst they sent out a Mrs OW you've lost your kids again message, worked well but wore thin when I reached 18

Showing your age now........Woolies & Horsham.

Long since gone.

Wish I'd tried this approach though!:lolol:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It happened to me once. The Security Guard asked me my name. I still remember his tannoy announcement:

"Hugh Jarce. I've got a Hugh Jarce here, who's the daddy?"

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Dunno if they still make them but they had a harness to go round the kids chest and basically a lead attached to it just like a dog lead.

I had one of them! For the same reason that I'd keep wandering off and crossing roads without paying any attention whatsoever to what may or may not have been sharing the road with me.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I got separated from my Mum at British Home Stores in Churchill Square when I was a nipper.

Apparently she found me shouting at a security guard who I was forthrightly telling that I wasn't allowed to speak to strangers!!

:D

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
When I got lost in Sainsburys as a kid the nice lady said to me.."whats your mum like?"

"Big cocks and vodka" I replied

Boom-Tish.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
When I was a little'un we were having a family party at my Grandparents house and I wondered out the front door and over the road and down the street to the sweet shop.

The owner knew all of us and called took me back to the house with my family completly oblivious that I had gone!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here