Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lord B and his leftie friends must be laughing

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
The Tories were in a very difficult position to start with but this hasn't helped their cause at all.

I would be very surprised to see Cameron in charge in five years time and I have very serious doubts that the Tories will be any sort of political force for a very long time

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
The Tories were in a very difficult position to start with but this hasn't helped their cause at all.

I would be very surprised to see Cameron in charge in five years time and I have very serious doubts that the Tories will be any sort of political force for a very long time

Agreed, although I'd probably cut it down to two years at the most.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
I freely admit that I voted Lib Dem in East Worthing last Thursday, I did so partly because I have no time for the incumbent Tory MP, and at 45 having spent my formative and early married years under the Tories it wasn't all that it was cracked up to be.

5 days on what was the point of me voting as the party I voted for have jumped into bed with the people I didn't want to get into power.

I bet I'm not the only one thinking this.......

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I freely admit that I voted Lib Dem in East Worthing last Thursday, I did so partly because I have no time for the incumbent Tory MP, and at 45 having spent my formative and early married years under the Tories it wasn't all that it was cracked up to be.

5 days on what was the point of me voting as the party I voted for have jumped into bed with the people I didn't want to get into power.

Not by a long shot.

I really think Clegg has done some VERY serious damage to his party

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
We might still end up with a 'Labour' Government if you get the Tory policies moderated by the perspective and views of the Lib Dems!

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

The POINT is that he's got them to agree on electoral reform.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
When they have their first cabinet meeting and DC outlines his plans to take on the Public Sector like Thatcher took on the miners - Clegg will shit himself.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Me too.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Harty, if the Lib Dems have managed to secure guarantees to water down the Tories spending cuts, their tax cuts for the rich and their other nasty policies, and have a guarantee on voting reform, then isn't that a price worth paying? It's called consensus and if we move to PR then this type of negotiation becomes the norm doesn't it?

lighthouse

Feb 27, 2008
north hampshire

I am sure there must be many thousands. It does make you wonder if the Libs may be scoring a big own goal by pushing for PR. They may end up helping create more of a 2 party system than we have now

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
We might still end up with a 'Labour' Government if you get the Tory policies moderated by the perspective and views of the Lib Dems!
Unlikely, they're both liberal.
Harty, if the Lib Dems have managed to secure guarantees to water down the Tories spending cuts, their tax cuts for the rich and their other nasty policies, and have a guarantee on voting reform, then isn't that a price worth paying? It's called consensus and if we move to PR then this type of negotiation becomes the norm doesn't it?
yup

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Shame a few thousand Liberal voters didn't have their crystal balls when they voted and let in the Tory in Hove!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here