Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lord B and his leftie friends must be laughing

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I freely admit that I voted Lib Dem in East Worthing last Thursday, I did so partly because I have no time for the incumbent Tory MP, and at 45 having spent my formative and early married years under the Tories it wasn't all that it was cracked up to be.

5 days on what was the point of me voting as the party I voted for have jumped into bed with the people I didn't want to get into power.

I bet I'm not the only one thinking this.......

Indeed you're not hon. Ever get the feeling you've been had? :(

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I freely admit that I voted Lib Dem in East Worthing last Thursday, I did so partly because I have no time for the incumbent Tory MP, and at 45 having spent my formative and early married years under the Tories it wasn't all that it was cracked up to be.

5 days on what was the point of me voting as the party I voted for have jumped into bed with the people I didn't want to get into power.

What, in all seriousness, was his alternative though? Jump into bed with Labour and form a "coalition of losers" which still didn't have a majority? I think he was damned if he did and damned if he didn't to be honest. At least this way he gets some sort of vote on PR amongst other things. I think he's probably done the best thing for his party tbh.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Labour have made a smart move not forming a coalition, obviously the Labour party is out of power and there would have been some divison in the Labour party, but they've taken people like Blunketts advice and not formed a coalition.

I believe now Labour will reform, they'll install the rightful aire- D Milliband- and will come back stronger in the next election.

The lib dems are now surely split in two. They'll lose 100s of 1000s of voters, some like Clegg will stay on permanently with the Conservatives, i don't think he'll be wanted back by what's left of the Lib Dems tbh.

All those who voted Lib Dems in Labour protest, all i can say is: fools. You got hoodwinked by treacherous Nick and have now given the Tories power.

:shootself:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
What, in all seriousness, was his alternative though? Jump into bed with Labour and form a "coalition of losers" which still didn't have a majority? I think he was damned if he did and damned if he didn't to be honest. At least this way he gets some sort of vote on PR amongst other things. I think he's probably done the best thing for his party tbh.

The alternative........

Let Cameron have his minority government limp on for 6 months followed by another election, without the anto Brown protest vote and the expenses hangover, then the winning party would have had a clear mandate without all the side issues.

At which I would have accepted a clear Tory majority with no deals if thats what the electorate had provided.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We have the spectacle of both Cameron and Clegg being knifed by their own party members to look forward to first.

Going to be BRILLIANT! :thumbsup:

Tho heaven help us all if these twats ever have a real catastrophe to deal with that demanded decisive action. Taken them five days (minimum) to sort out if they can even work together in office or not.

larus

If the boundaries get re-drawn, then it may mean the Labour have to get a 'real' majority in votes in the future.

New Labour - thanks for the debt. Now f*** off.

Also, the crap spouted on here about Lib Dem voters wanting Labour instead of Tories is crap. I know of Lib Dem voters who wished they'd now voted Tory. Your views on this are opinions and not facts, so please 'take your head out of your arse'.

Dandyman

In London village.

Sounds fairly accurate. The LibCons pretence of being a progressive party is going to be exposed for all to see...

Dandyman

In London village.
We have the spectacle of both Cameron and Clegg being knifed by their own party members to look forward to first.

Always a silver lining. I think I'm getting a feeling about this year's Bonfire Tab.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The alternative........

Let Cameron have his minority government limp on for 6 months followed by another election, without the anto Brown protest vote and the expenses hangover, then the winning party would have had a clear mandate without all the side issues.

At which I would have accepted a clear Tory majority with no deals if thats what the electorate had provided.

If the government was that unstable we'd be a third world country by Christmas. I think what has happened was the only good option.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here