Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looks like Swinedown have a problem with us

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Why are they calling us multimillion as if we've spunked a load of money on players when we haven't. They're tryin to talk up Prutton, like the Argus talked up Calderon

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
"Looks like Swinedown have a problem with us"

Eh? How? Maybe I'm not reading the right thing, but all I see is an article in a SWINDON paper about a player who chose to join SWINDON instead of a club spending £80m on a new stadium (multi-million, with a bit of artistic license).

You're being remarkably sensitive if you construe that as some sort of problem with Albion FFS, and it's not the first time you pulled this shit either. :shrug:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'll rewrite this article in one sentence...

Prutton backs the wrong horse...

Kubes

Jan 6, 2010
I think it's quite nice to be called "Big Money Brighton" for a change after years of being "homeless", "potless", "struggling", "cash strapped" etc

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In Danny Wilson they have a manager who has proved he can get teams to the top of the league, anyone who thinks we are a more attractive proposition than Swindon at the moment is deluded. We battled relegation most of last season and we play at the shittest ground in League 1. They have money, made the playoffs last season and have a manager with a track record. Why are we a better proposition at the moment? Falmer is a year away and Gus has won F all so far. :shrug:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Eh? How? Maybe I'm not reading the right thing, but all I see is an article in a SWINDON paper about a player who chose to join SWINDON instead of a club spending £80m on a new stadium (multi-million, with a bit of artistic license).

You're being remarkably sensitive if you construe that as some sort of problem with Albion FFS, and it's not the first time you pulled this shit either. :shrug:

Well it would appear to me that their paper thinks they're stolen a march on us by signing Prutton, rather pointless as we knew he was going there a week ago and we signed Sparrow. It's thge Multi Million that gets me, they seem to be saying look at us we nicked a player of a bigger club.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think it's quite nice to be called "Big Money Brighton" for a change after years of being "homeless", "potless", "struggling", "cash strapped" etc

Only by this particular journo, to suit his chosen angle. In the Southampton Echo Calderon stories [before he changed his mind] we were still 'cash strapped'..

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

I think the original build on the first planning consent was the figure you are quoting. £93 million is what the current design is costing. :amex:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
enfield1_203x150.jpg

I am considerably richer than you

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Nothing to see here. Slow news day , why not write about their new signing. Seeing as he is a bloody good player and they did pinch him then why not

I'd suggest it's us with the problem....trawling their local rag

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Nothing to see here. Slow news day , why not write about their new signing. Seeing as he is a bloody good player and they did pinch him then why not

I'd suggest it's us with the problem....trawling their local rag

Comes up on the Brighton New Now site, not trawled just passed on.

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
I thought they had a problem with us because of Adam Virgo's mighty header in the Play offs? Not really reciprocated (where's Swindon???) but they don't like us very much...

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I thought they had a problem with us because of Adam Virgo's mighty header in the Play offs? Not really reciprocated (where's Swindon???) but they don't like us very much...

You'll still find Chesterfield fans who resent us, must be something to do with inbreeding.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here