Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looking Back...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
OK, hypothetical question time:

If you had to look back over your life right now, what would be the one thing that stands out for you as the greatest part of it?

Doesn't matter whether it's a person, or a place, or an event, nor does it matter what it's significance to anyone else might be.

Everyone should have at least one point in their lives that has made all the shit that you put up with down the years worthwhile, and someone, something or somewhere that you'll look back on happily 50 years from now.

So what's yours?

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Mine is a bit soppy. :blush:

The greatest moment was...

I was living in a badly deforested area in Northern Ecuador. I had spent the day working in the fields, replanting trees/bamboo etc. Educating the locals on how to look after the land and become self sufficient to avoid getting taken over by the loggers. There was this girl (fromStockport) who I got on well with, but we used to argue alot. Got chatting one night, sitting on a wall of our cabin, overlooking a valley running through the forest. The rain was pounding down and you got that strong smell of dust being disturbed by the rain drops. She held my hand and leant forward, we ended up kissing for what seemed an eternity and the sky erupted with lightening and the thunder boomed. Nothing further happened, but at the time, that was the best moment of my entire life. I met her best friend randomly, about two years afterwards and she said that Kat, had never ever made the first move on someone before. Honoured! I left a couple of days later and went onto Australia.

Sounds pretty pathetic, but this girl was totally out of my league. But it was exacerbated by the fact that my 6 months in Ecuador were possibly the greatest of my life. If you have a chance, GO TO ECUADOR!!

I would have paid good money to shaft her, but beggar's can't be choosers.
:D :angel:

Last edited:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Barrel of Fun said:
I've got that bloody song on my brain now!

"Looking back, over my shoulder..." :angry:

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

I did use that topic title in relation to a song, but not that song.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Soppy as well but marrying Mrs Hut and raising Junior and Mini - an exceptional journey of highs and a few lows

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
the day I sat in the snow, snowboard strapped to my feet, looking down on Val D'Isere below me and the lyrics to one of my favourite songs pops up on my walkman:
"Sing, now is now, yeah! all I ever wanted!"

Got me thinking that right at that moment I was in the best place/mood/period of my life EVER.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Barrel of Fun said:

I would have paid good money to shaft her

If you told her that then I'd hazard a guess thats why you never got the opportunity

:lolol:

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
I didn't need much time to think about that one.

My daughter was eight years old and had been lying in The Children's' Hospital in a coma for almost twenty-four hours after contracting meningitis. She opened her eyes and said to me, "Where's Mummy?" I wept buckets.

She's now forty-two and has three kids of her own.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
nobody's dupe said:
I didn't need much time to think about that one.

My daughter was eight years old and had been lying in The Children's' Hospital in a coma for almost twenty-four hours after contracting meningitis. She opened her eyes and said to me, "Where's Mummy?" I wept buckets.

She's now forty-two and has three kids of her own.

Great stuff. That must have been an immense feeling, a medley of all sorts of emotions. Glad to hear she was fine, even if I am 34 years too late! :clap:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Sounds silly really,

July 2000 sitting with my mates outsde a bar in Valletta - all just having a laugh and that moment of happiness that you wouldn't want to be with anyone else doing anything else than what you were doing at that moment and also the realisation that we all felt the same and that it would probably be the last time we would ever all be together in that situation with each other - just top we still mention it to each other today.

It was only 7 years ago but all of us have moved on so much since then turned 30 , mortgages, marriage, kids all of which have been great - but expected to be great and also hard work but that moment was just so easy, effortless to be with great mates you've grown up with since yu've been in playschool and gone through every emotion with - You can't beat it.

Last edited:

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
passing BTEC exams after 2years part time study, on top of a full time job. none of it really made sense, until the day.

that, and pasing my driving test 2nd time around, with flying colours- the main examiner for Sussex took the test, after they guffed up on appointments and I complained about the delay/costs of rebooking..

:censored:

scooter1

How soon is now?
The moment I first stepped onto the roof terrace of my house in Spain knowing that it was fully paid for, all debts cleared and the sun was going down - still 26 degrees mind...... And a big fat spliff loaded with finest Andalucian home grown...

Getting married in a coupla months, ask me then. I bet the answer won't have changed!! although don't mention it to the prospective Mrs Scooter....

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Quite simple as it only happened last week. Mrs P was given the all clear 5 years after having breast cancer.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Zesh Rehman said:
Last Summer, one incident stands out...

presumably not one involving James Kirtley?:bowdown:

I obviously don't have a life, because i can't think of anything that stands out that isn't sport related.

I'll get back to you later..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here