Looking Ahead to Hull

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
A number of things to remember;

Brezovan has played the cup games.
Ulloa hasn't played any cup games.
Upson has not missed a game since joining.
Stephens is cup tied.

With this in mind, I expect kemy, obika and Brezovan to come in for kuzsack, stephens and ulloa with the rest the same as Tuesday. Personally, I would like the same team as Tuesday but Kemy/caskey replacing Stephens.

Upson missed the cup game against Reading

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
It will piss me off if he doesn't, isn't he our most expensive player, why have him sitting in the stands?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Koosh
Bruno/Calderon
Greer
Upson
Ward
Ince
JFC
Orlandi
Buckley
S.D2
Ulloa

Subs: Brez, Dunk(or calde if bruno is fit), Andrews, Kemy, Lua Lua, March, Obika

We've got to go for it! There's a place in the quarter finals up for grabs, there's five days until our next game so no need to rest anyone. Go for the jugular and attack attack attack! If we're going to get knocked out, lets go out swinging.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ulloa needs games at the moment. Kusz doesn't need "resting" when the games aren't that close together. Too important and too much money at stake to play Brez and not play Leo now. Play Brez and Obika and we will lose.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We're sure to play our strongest side aren't we? Its getting to the point in the cup where the prize and gate money could make a significant difference to our finances.

Hull have a real six pointer against Cardiff the following match so I'm guessing they'll not want to risk anyone who are carrying knocks or are important to their league campaign. The riches for PL survival massively outweigh FA Cup glory (unfortunately). Hull will play a second string, which will still be very good....but not quite AS good. We must go for it.

Tomasz Kuszczak

Calderon~Gordon Greer~Matthew Upson~Stephen Ward

Keith Andrews~Ince~Orlandi

Rodriguez~Ulloa~March​

Subs: Walton, Chicksen, Buckley, Lualua, Lopez, Dunk, Craig Mackail-Smith

I'd keep Buckley and Lualua up my sleeve until 65 minutes. Shame Stephens is cup tied but Andrews is an adequate replacement.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
One things for sure it's not going to be a high goal scoring match. Last four matches between the teams read 1-0, 0-1, 0-0, 0-0. And without their two new strikers who are cup tied they are almost as toothless as we are.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Apart from the fact that the club have already said that Brez is as good as playing..... see my post directly above yours!
Possibly, although I wouldn't be giving the opposition any clues. In fact I'd probably try and indicate we were playing a weakened team as well!

:thumbsup:

(I wonder if big Pete will be doing a prematch interview?)

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Possibly, although I wouldn't be giving the opposition any clues. In fact I'd probably try and indicate we were playing a weakened team as well!

:thumbsup:

(I wonder if big Pete will be doing a prematch interview?)

Yeah, I wondered that too. I guess we'll find out on Monday!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I also find it quite amusing how so many of us (myself included) are happy to be potentially one game away from Wembley, yet if ever the debate about FA Cup semi-final venues comes up on here, the majority are totally against them being held there :lol:

I guess we'd all be nearly as excited about a semi-final at Villa Park/Emirates/Anfield though.

I'd rather the semi was not at wembley whether we get there or not. Devalues the final. I wouldn't be any less excited playing a semi at say villa park. But we're a long way off that yet.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Beat Hull
Play Sheff Wed at The Amex in the quarters. Win.
Play Southampton in the semi's at Wembley. Win.
Play Man City in the final. Lose 5-1.

Play Man City in the final. Draw 0-0.
Lose 5-1 in the replay.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
One things for sure it's not going to be a high goal scoring match. Last four matches between the teams read 1-0, 0-1, 0-0, 0-0. And without their two new strikers who are cup tied they are almost as toothless as we are.

4-4 then..

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Can we please put out a competetive team, as in the one that has won the last 2 games, the money that's on offer by getting through must be an incentive for the club?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Let's rest a few kids and try Spanish Dave central! Ince & Ullo should be wrapped in cotton wool for this one as we need to hit Wigan hard on Saturday!

------------------------ Kuszscak ------------------------
Bruno ----------- Dunk -------- Upson ---------- Chicksen
--------------- Andrews ---------- Kemy ----------------
Buckley ----------------- Lopez --------------- Lua Lua
------------------------- Obika --------------------------

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here