Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looking Ahead to Hull

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Just watched Oscar's interview after the Leeds game. In response to a question about the team for Hull, given that we've previously used the Cup games this season to try out different players, he replied "For sure, the same team will not play on Monday". It's somewhat ambiguous whether he meant that it won't be the same team as we've played in the other Cup games, or the same team that we played against Leeds.

Hmmm.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Just watched Oscar's interview after the Leeds game. In response to a question about the team for Hull, given that we've previously used the Cup games this season to try out different players, he replied "For sure, the same team will not play on Monday". It's somewhat ambiguous whether he meant that it won't be the same team as we've played in the other Cup games, or the same team that we played against Leeds.

Hmmm.
i expect 3 or 4 changes from tuesday night

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If he plays Brezovan in goal he might as well not turn up. Brez if far from shit, but he is clearly not our best goalkeeper. So playing him sends out the message we are less bothered by the FA Cup than the league and two games from Wembley that is just idiotic.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Ok, on the assumption that Oscar intends to give the FA Cup 'team' a go:

Tuesday - League v Leeds

~~~~Kuszczak

Calderon Greer Upson Ward
~~~~~~Ince
March Stevens Rodriguez
~~~~~Orlandi
~~~~~~~Ulloa

Monday - Cup v Hull

~~~~~~Brezovan

Bruno Greer Dunk Chicksen
~~~~~~~Ince
March JFC Rodriguez
~~~~~~Orlandi
~~~~~~~Obika

Subs: Kuszczak, Calderon, Greer, Ulloa, Buckley, Lua Lua, Lopez

This may be a change too many - so Ulloa may start.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Monday - Cup v Hull

~~~~~~Brezovan

Bruno Greer Dunk Chicksen
~~~~~~~Ince
March JFC Rodriguez
~~~~~~Orlandi
~~~~~~~Obika

Subs: Kuszczak, Calderon, Greer, Ulloa, Buckley, Lua Lua, Lopez

This may be a change too many - so Ulloa may start.

I think it's unlikey that Greer will both start and be on the bench :wink:

Presumably you meant Upson as a sub? I'd be pretty disappointed if we started with that team, tbh. I do think he'll start with Leo (assuming the slight knock I think he picked up against Leeds has healed). I'd hope he'd also start with Stephens. I know he's a bit meh so far, but I suspect he'd do a better defensive job in the middle of the field alongside Ince than would JFC.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We were discussing this on the way home from the SUPER Leeds win. Now we've picked up 6 points and are very much in the play off race again (were we ever out of it?!) I suddenly feel the Hull game is a bit of a nothing to lose game and will treat it like this - as I do most cup matches. Fun fun fun!

PS - I do really want us to win just as much as a league game of course - just no pressure now for me...

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Presumably you meant Upson as a sub? I'd be pretty disappointed if we started with that team, tbh. I do think he'll start with Leo (assuming the slight knock I think he picked up against Leeds has healed). I'd hope he'd also start with Stephens. I know he's a bit meh so far, but I suspect he'd do a better defensive job in the middle of the field alongside Ince than would JFC.

Sorry about the Greer error - and right back at you... Stephens is cup tied.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Stephens is cup tied so not available.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
My team - with a couple of changes would be:

Monday - Cup v Hull

~~~~~~Kuszczak

Bruno ~ Greer~ Upson ~ Chicksen
~~~~~~~Ince
March ~ JFC ~ Buckley
~~~~~Orlandi
~~~~~~Ulloa

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'd rest Ulloa but play KLL & Buckley from thestart with Obika up front on his own. JFC, Ince & Orlandi in the middle. Keep Calde RB.

But you know Brez will start...!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I'd hope he'd also start with Stephens. I know he's a bit meh so far, but I suspect he'd do a better defensive job in the middle of the field alongside Ince than would JFC.

Stephens is cup tied having played for Charlton in earlier rounds.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
My team - with a couple of changes would be:

Monday - Cup v Hull

~~~~~~Kuszczak

Bruno ~ Greer~ Upson ~ Chicksen
~~~~~~~Ince
March ~ JFC ~ Buckley
~~~~~Orlandi
~~~~~~Ulloa

Agreed - maybe Spanish Rod instead of Orlandi? It would be good to have another game where Leo and he can refine their "flick and receive" stuff before Wigan.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'd rest Ulloa but play KLL & Buckley from thestart with Obika up front on his own. JFC, Ince & Orlandi in the middle. Keep Calde RB.

But you know Brez will start...!

So your team would be:

~~~~~~Brezovan

Calderon ~ Greer~ Upson ~ Chicksen
~~~~~~~Ince
Lua Lua ~ JFC ~ Buckley
~~~~~Orlandi
~~~~~~Obika

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Agreed - maybe Spanish Rod instead of Orlandi? It would be good to have another game where Leo and he can refine their "flick and receive" stuff before Wigan.

That would be an exciting front line with plenty of pace :)

March ~ JFC ~ Buckley
~~~~~Rodriquez
~~~~~~Ulloa

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So your team would be:

~~~~~~Brezovan

Calderon ~ Greer~ Upson ~ Chicksen
~~~~~~~Ince
Lua Lua ~ JFC ~ Buckley
~~~~~Orlandi
~~~~~~Obika

No I meant same back 5 as v Leeds but i think he'll play Brez. Having said that i'd prob go strong as possible if it was me and everyone fit which would mean Ulloa for Obika IMO. Half picked that team knowing he'd make changes.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I really hope we put a strong team out on Monday. We've got 5/6 days either side of the game so team shouldn't be too tired. Obviously Stephens is out so I would hope Andrews comes in for him (if fit) but I wouldn't make many other changes. LuaLua could start but he's had such an impact off the bench recently that I would be happy for him to be used after an hour or so.

As far as I can see, a replay would be bad for both teams. From our point of view, we'd probably lose and have to rearrange the Blackburn game.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
A win would be just as important for maintaining home form momentum which can be vital during the run-in. Look back to the Reading cup game - we won that and have since won our last 3 home games.

I'm expecting a couple of changes, but anything significant I think I'd be disappointed (unless of course we win!). Having said that, we had a 'weaker' team out in that game against Reading, and I'd say it was probably our best home performance of the season; we could have easily won by 3 or 4.

The only position we would get considerably weaker is if Obika plays ahead of Ulloa, IMO. Other areas we could probably live with a little easier (i.e Dunk/Brez) as the team is a very solid defensive unit so individual flaws can be made up for, whilst these players have proven themselves worthy stand-ins in the past. The same can't be said for Obika, however, where he would have a hugely responsible role, and - to be brutally honest - he doesn't seem like he's gonna cut it. A shame the match is probably just too soon for CMS.

I hope Obika proves me wrong!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
A number of things to remember;

Brezovan has played the cup games.
Ulloa hasn't played any cup games.
Upson has not missed a game since joining.
Stephens is cup tied.

With this in mind, I expect kemy, obika and Brezovan to come in for kuzsack, stephens and ulloa with the rest the same as Tuesday. Personally, I would like the same team as Tuesday but Kemy/caskey replacing Stephens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here