Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Look familiar?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
... if they get him some decent service he will score goals

big if though. same side hasn't been fighting relegation for two years due to the amount of service they give their forwards.

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
oh and according to someone who knows murray, he doesn't like the area (hence why still living in brighton) and was promised that they would sign big players this summer which clearly isn't happening!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
It's a bit early for Palace fans to be criticising him and his supposed attitude after a friendly or two. It is also a bit early for us to be gloating that he is going to be a complete failure too though

oh and according to someone who knows murray, he doesn't like the area (hence why still living in brighton) and was promised that they would sign big players this summer which clearly isn't happening!

He sounds like he's never happy with his 'lot' in life, and will always go around with that wasp-chewing expression on his mug.

What's up with the guy, didn't 'new stadium, manager Gus Poyet, ambitious boardroom wanting to make an impression in the Championship' REGISTER with him even a LITTLE??

He's joined a struggling shambolic crew with a failing track record, who toy with administration and debts, playing in a cruddy area of nowhereland-southlondon!
Did he think the shirt matched his eyes or worked with his complexion, or what??
Maybe.... of course!; he knows they're relegation contenders and his league 1 track record will look nice, framed in the dressing room until he has to prove himself there with them!

Oh man, is he gonna get the PISS taken out of him when they come down to Brighton!! :laugh:

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
yeah but all that doesnt mean anything to him as long as he gets a couple more thousand a week hes not complaining!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Sensibly, he has scored as many goals in pre-season as CMS................................

let's see what happens when the action starts.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Why are so many people crowing at this? What has he done that he didn't do here, which seemed to work out for him, if not all the fans realised it at the time/were willing to admit it. He didn't wave at their fans? So, he didn't wave at ours and still kept a decent goals to game ratio. Didn't look interested? For the first two years here he didn't look interested, and at points last year he didnn't look interested, again, it didn't stop him keeping a good goals to game ratio. He didn't score, didn't get much of a look in? There were games like that for us throughout his time with us.

What exactly is there in this report that 'proves' we were right to get shot of him? What 'proves' he is going to be a failure there, that it's another example of a star player moving on and failing? Nothing. He is showing consistency with his time here in attitude and application, and while his actions may have upset some fans, he definitely contributed to the team's successes (whether staying up or going up).

I'm not saying this as a fan of Glenn's, I'm saying this as a fan of logic. A friendly game in which he performs in much the same way he did for us at various points is not proof of him being a failure for Palace. Unfortunately (not that I wish ill for Glenn, just palace)

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Any disappointment about Murray leaving vanished as soon as we got Hoskins. (22 goals for the league winners with chances aplenty vs 20 for a relegated side doing it all on his own)

Never mind the signing of CMS as well

Don't get me wrong, Murray was a good player for us and we should never overlook his contribution to winning the league, but he was never irreplaceable

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Last 25 minutes, the Academy were on the pitch and passed the ball around Norwich. Personally, if we never spent another penny on a player and used the Academy players i'd be happy. They seem to have a great understanding and the movement for the goal was great. 15 passes followed by a through ball and cute finish.

It's funny because that's the football we play under Poyet yet we keep being told by Palace fans that we'll get kicked off the park by the huge athletes that play in the Championship. It's all very confusing...

NB For any Palace of the above opinion.... we have played in the Championship before and I don't recall teams full of NFL types patrolling the midfields crushing the likes of Bridcutt. You can hang on to whatever false reality makes you feel better but the fact is we will find out between next week and the subsequent 9 months what the truth is. And I suspect, you'll not be able to handle it...

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I think we all know that Murray has the ability and may just be a reasonable player at this level. We also know that what goes on in his head is as important as what goes on in his boots. With that in mind does anybody seriously NOT expect him to score against us?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Not surprising, we all know he's a bit temperamental and if he's not totally happy it shows on the pitch. And he's at a club that wasn't his first choice, that's probably enough with him. I feel sorry for him really, would still prefer we'd kept him.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
With that in mind does anybody seriously NOT expect him to score against us?

I have no problem with him scoring against us in our 4-1 mauling of the scum, we can still laugh at him.

Jul 30, 2011
London
Umm Murray that rings a bell...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here