Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Look familiar?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We had little chance but to hoof it for the first half hour. Then we put Ambrose up front with Murray and he started to look like a decent striker as the 2 youngsters on the wings got the ball on the deck.

He also put a great ball in just before he was subbed.

Last 25 minutes, the Academy were on the pitch and passed the ball around Norwich. Personally, if we never spent another penny on a player and used the Academy players i'd be happy. They seem to have a great understanding and the movement for the goal was great. 15 passes followed by a through ball and cute finish.

As for Murray, he was still signing autographs about 10 minutes after he came out at the end. And unlike our first few subs, sat down by the tunnel to watch the remainder of the game.

:bigwave: Hi Nigel, would you like some Andrex to wipe your mouth with? Please, you really don't need to come on here and explain the comments of your fellow caravanner's. You have a good season there... bless :tosser:

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
We had little chance but to hoof it for the first half hour. Then we put Ambrose up front with Murray and he started to look like a decent striker as the 2 youngsters on the wings got the ball on the deck.

Last 25 minutes, the Academy were on the pitch and passed the ball around Norwich. Personally, if we never spent another penny on a player and used the Academy players i'd be happy. They seem to have a great understanding and the movement for the goal was great. 15 passes followed by a through ball and cute finish.

As for Murray, he was still signing autographs about 10 minutes after he came out at the end. And unlike our first few subs, sat down by the tunnel to watch the remainder of the game.

Murray has always been seen as a bit of a loner, some say lazy, some say doesn't appear to acknowledge fans or team mates. He can be infuriating but also can be lethal in front of goal. Cant be arsed to read through that Palace thread but I find it funny that some Palace are making their minds up about him after one or two friendlies. Give the bloke a break (we'd like to give him a break :lolol:). My own view (probably wrong) is that he'll score around 15/16 goals for you Nigels this season. I'm hoping though that one of them isn't against us at the Amex, that he's subbed mid way through the 2nd half, with Palace losing, and walks off to a chorus of "Brighton reject".

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think he will do ok there to be honest, he generally looks lazy and like he dosent care but if they get him some decent service he will score goals

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
I think he will do ok there to be honest, he generally looks lazy and like he dosent care but if they get him some decent service he will score goals

Hate 2 say it but the latter part of last season he did look good, one goal he scored at the east end towards the end of the season was pure class :-(

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
All of this was to be expected. We've all seen this for many many months. My prediction when he joined them was that he wouldn't score more than ten league goals for them next season and I stick by that.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
We all knew this would happen. He'll have a couple of months where he'll do OK at some point but most of the season he'll be moping (sp) around falling over, arguing and being offside.

Lush

Mods' Pet

I think you'll find no-one wants to hear this.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
We will miss the penalties awarded from Murry's diving though, i thought he was quite expert at it

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Who is this Murray chap? Anyone remember? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here