Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Long Distance Relationships

virgirlo

Jun 2, 2004
London
robbied69 said:
Its good to see your one worked. But say for example, one weekend she's busy. Then the following he's busy for example. Then that'll be 3 weeks they don't see each other. I couldn't go without seeing my gf for that long.

uh-oh....clingy bloke alert!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Well, I guess it's down to what you want out of life.

Surely the risk of infedility increases with this type of relationship

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Sounds to me like your a girl that likes to keep her options open.
Dosent want to much commitment, and just a bit of fun at present.

Nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
virgirlo said:
Most certainly not...I have been single for two years and really enjoy being independent. But I do quite like the guy and would like to see how things go, but weekends only is a pain in the arse as I go to Albion games and he plays rugby (not usually into rugby men either!)

I think since you're asking the question that you're hearts not really in it!! If you were keen as mustard then the question probable wouldn't come up? IMHO

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
they only work if you're sure the person you're with is the one for you. i thought i was in love with a girl but she moved to france and we split up. if you still want to go out with someone that you cannot shag at every opportunity, you've got someone special.

E

enigma

If you really like the guy and you trust him then distance aint a problem.

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
virgirlo said:
Thanks for the advice.

Have already been out with a couple of brighton supporters....didn't work. At least by seeing someone who is into rugby means no football arguements. And the distance means that I can keep my space, nothing worse than CLINGY MEN!!

But I would love to have more hugs, kisses and general naughtiness....any offers ;)

Yes please. Where you located? ;)

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
Re: Re: Long Distance Relationships

robbied69 said:
To be blunt, if your questioning it. I think you half think its not worth it.

Agree with this in principle Rob; however, a few years back it took me ages to decide whether or not to start a long-distance relationship (london - Spain), i eventually decided yes..

We're getting married next year:drink:

Although if i'm honest there were other factors involved (ie. we knew each other very well, so trust wasnt an issue etc)

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
In my experience they don't work. Having said that, I haven't had a short distance relationship thats worked either.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
virgirlo said:
Does a two hour train journey count?
And do they work?
And can I be bothered?

Advice needed...:angel:

No.

Yes providing you know that sooner or later one of you is going to move or there's an agreed place in the middle... you need something to focus on

you should be... happily married to a women I started dating when I was in the UK and she in Turkey... spent only six weeks together in the first year.... but 100% worth it. :)

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Grendel said:
In my experience they don't work. Having said that, I haven't had a short distance relationship thats worked either.

It's these types of posts that keep me hooked to NSC. More more more I say !

virgirlo

Jun 2, 2004
London
I do know the guy really well, so if we decide to put a stop to things it shouldn't be a problem. BUT, I am settled with my own place and a good job, so will not be moving. Whereas he has none of the above....:shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here