Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

london rivalry

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
My Arsenal supporting work colleague always says the last time you lot were any good it was in black and white on the telly.

As I said, Number One when it mattered.:drink:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
You're probably starting to hate us though, Surely? Us being your bogey team, n all.

Number one when it mattered.
starting to hate you ? not really , unlike most chelsea , i hate arsenal more, because i see them as more of a rival, certainly at the moment, and i think your record against us has got more than a little way to go before you become a bogey team, wouldnt you say ?

Dandyman

In London village.
unlike most chelsea...

In other words most Chelski fans still smart at Spurs being a bigger, more glamorous club with real history and heritage rather than a noveau play thing of a Russian crook ?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
In other words most Chelski fans still smart at Spurs being a bigger, more glamorous club with real history and heritage rather than a noveau play thing of a Russian crook ?
weve had this argument before, you talk about spurs history and heritage, but its a bit of an emperors new clothes argument, the trophy count even before abramovich was pretty even, weve obviously now overtaken you,just get used to the fact that your best days are behind you, there really is no argument about it.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
hang on ive just noticed this, "bigger, more glamorous club " :lol:, when was the last time you walked down tottenam high rd ? LOL , you WERE definitely a bigger club than us, you were NEVER more glamourous than us , the chelsea team of the 70's is the epitome of the glamour club that weve always been known as.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
hang on ive just noticed this, "bigger, more glamorous club " :lol:, when was the last time you walked down tottenam high rd ? LOL , you WERE definitely a bigger club than us, you were NEVER more glamourous than us , the chelsea team of the 70's is the epitome of the glamour club that weve always been known as.
But now YOU'RE cherry picking bits from history. 1970s my arse. :D There was nothing glamourous about Chelsea in the late 70s through to the mid 90s, when hooliganism took hold, you were getting gates of 8k, often bumbling around in division 2. And your stadium was absolutely shit, except for one stand. Are you forgetting the 15 metres distance from the pitch, the crumbling part closed terracing, the electric fences.

Proper glamour. Meanwhile, SPuzz were making do with crowds 3 times bigger, being one of the original big 4 and competing for most cup competitions with regular forays into Europe. Also Spurs have always been a stinking rich club, more so than Chelsea I'd say.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
But now YOU'RE cherry picking bits from history. 1970s my arse. :D There was nothing glamourous about Chelsea in the late 70s through to the mid 90s, when hooliganism took hold, you were getting gates of 8k, often bumbling around in division 2. And your stadium was absolutely shit, except for one stand. Are you forgetting the 15 metres distance from the pitch, the crumbling part closed terracing, the electric fences.

Proper glamour. Meanwhile, SPuzz were making do with crowds 3 times bigger, being one of the original big 4 and competing for most cup competitions with regular forays into Europe. Also Spurs have always been a stinking rich club, more so than Chelsea I'd say.
you're obviously forgetting the glamourous players like keith dublin and doug rougvie :lol: , yeah i know what you mean, but as for spurs always being stinking rich ? are you forgetting irving scholar having to be bailed out by alan sugar ? they were 16 mio in debt, it might seem a trifling sum now, but there was talk of them going bust.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You can spin these things however you like and Tottenham are being downgraded but they've still won more domestic trophies in the Premier League era than Man City, Newcastle, Everton, Leeds and West Ham put together.

Apart from one or two exceptions like West Ham EVERY team's fans will have Man Utd within their top 3 most hated, but it's not the same as a rivalry.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly

Well said Simmo, but in reality why do you give a toss.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Must of been around the same time Brighton played Palace regularly?

You are the funny guy again.We, us, you all used as often as you change your daipers.

How good it is slum with the kick and rush types.
BTw I would not argue with Bushy (nudge nudge)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here