Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

london rivalry

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's bad enough the money of the Big Four distorting the game but I draw the line when they start to rewrite history.

Let's get the facts straight about Chelsea. Prior to 1997 their trophy cabinet consisted of 1 League title, 1 FA Cup, 1 League Cup and 1 Cup Winners' Cup, and 3 of those 4 came in a 'golden' 6-year period.

Other than that they'd won f***-all. In that time Spurs had won 15 trophies.

This says more about today's TV audience than it says about football supporters.

How many "Arsenal supporters" go to the Emirates? How many of the folk who go to the Emirates are actually "Arsenal supporters", in the sense that we would understand the term?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
9000 gates in the Early 90's. Good stuff. Big club. Infact, MASSIVE CLUB!

But as you said, we've been there before, haven't we? :kiss:

Greyhounds anyone?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
This says more about today's TV audience than it says about football supporters.

How many "Arsenal supporters" go to the Emirates? How many of the folk who go to the Emirates are actually "Arsenal supporters", in the sense that we would understand the term?

Plenty of them to be honest.

Its as much New Football mentality to say Chelsea, Arsenal etc are all phoneys, johnny come latelys or Africans. Really clueless sweeping statement.

As Bushy will tell you about Chelsea (without putting words into his mouth), or plenty of Arsenal fans will, that there are still plenty of them going, or they are the backbone of the club. They may have been swamped by ***** but dont write them off.

I am no fan of any of them but to smugly say oh these clubs are supported by Sky viewers and no real fans go anymore, is clueless.

I feel sorry for Arsenal and Chelsea fans. I know plenty who have been f***ed over by the changes that have happened to their clubs.

Its a f***ed up London thing. Big London clubs have sold their soul, West Ham import all their support from White Flight Essex, QPR depend on the Middlesex suburbs, Orient want to move to Harlow, Millwall toy with moving to Dartford. While spastics on here still tell you nothings changed.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
The 2 biggest clubs in London come from North London, and that's a fact. Mind you, didn't West Ham win the World Cup? :laugh:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's bad enough the money of the Big Four distorting the game but I draw the line when they start to rewrite history.

Let's get the facts straight about Chelsea. Prior to 1997 their trophy cabinet consisted of 1 League title, 1 FA Cup, 1 League Cup and 1 Cup Winners' Cup, and 3 of those 4 came in a 'golden' 6-year period.

Other than that they'd won f***-all. In that time Spurs had won 15 trophies.

During my childhood and teenage days it was always between Fulham and Chelsea as to who got promotion from Div 2 and who got relegated to Div 2.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Chelsea are West London, you div.:laugh::laugh:
if you were a londoner, and not a gloryhunter who has his local side as his "second"club, you would know that although geographically north of the thames and in west london, the phsyche of the club,and the majority of the core support is south london.so calling it a "west london" club is a misnomer usually reserved for tabloid journalists who don't know their subject , or out of towners who come up to london to watch a team once a fortnight.

Last edited:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
In my eyes, and in many others eyes, they're a West London club.
that's because your an out of towner who makes such assumptions by looking at an a-z, rather than any real knowledge of london, do you feel a bit of an outsider at white hart lane amongst all the people for whom its their local club ?

1 night only

Apr 29, 2009
I went to school a decent goal kick away from Stamford Bridge when you lot were really massive, you know when you had to beat the likes of Hull to stay up in the 2nd division in front of 13,000 people and the shed was a crumbling empty terrace with electric fences at the front.

Anyway I used to walk down North End Road and then onto Fulham Broadway (good pubs round there shame about them windows though Bushy) and I am pretty sure I was in West London, I might give you south West London but West London no doubt.

Granted most real West Londoners supported the big club in the area in those days, you know QPR or opted for Spurs or even the odd Gooner but even at my school there were a few CFC some of the Gate 13 boys in fact.

Granted most of your suport used to come from South and SW London, Surrey etc but you are a West London club

CFC bigger then Spurs, well you are entitled to an opnion I suppose but every way I look at it since CFC started (1901 I think ,19 yrs after Spurs) trophys, fan base, history, players, finances, crowd figures, Spurs come out on top.

Last few years CFC made a dent no doubt but still way off really and if the Ruski pulls out his money then no chance.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
that's because your an out of towner who makes such assumptions by looking at an a-z, rather than any real knowledge of london, do you feel a bit of an outsider at white hart lane amongst all the people for whom its their local club ?

Yes, I feel really left out. Hence why I go to more away games than home games.

ignore doug HE'S A PALACE FAN REALLY .

I do ignore him, Das. I do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here