Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

London pub for play-off 1st leg..

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Will probably venture back to Sussex myself but few other suggestions for you:

Central:

Comedy Pub
Walkabout Covent Garden (although it might have shut down, didn't look very open when I walked passed a while back)
Bok Bar
Maple Leaf

City (ish):

Rising Sun (St Pauls)
Albion (New Bridge Street)
Sports Bar and Grill Farringdon
Walkabout Temple
Cos Bar (Blackfriars)

Think the Walkabout at Temple all beers are £2.50 until 10pm. Only trouble is they have a DJ and I'm not sure what time he kicks off with his LPs.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Will probably venture back to Sussex myself but few other suggestions for you:

Central:

Comedy Pub
Walkabout Covent Garden (although it might have shut down, didn't look very open when I walked passed a while back)
Bok Bar
Maple Leaf

City (ish):

Rising Sun (St Pauls)
Albion (New Bridge Street)
Sports Bar and Grill Farringdon
Walkabout Temple
Cos Bar (Blackfriars)

Think the Walkabout at Temple all beers are £2.50 until 10pm. Only trouble is they have a DJ and I'm not sure what time he kicks off with his LPs.
Surely the Maple Leaf will just have wall-to-wall NHL from the previous night?

The Rising Sun is the best shout there IMO - it always has football on. Loads of Irish punters in there.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Maybe? Dunno? Every time I've been in there it's been showing football. Wouldn't be my choice of places to go out of that list.
Of that list, I'd still go for the Rising Sun, but only because I know it well. However, it's nowhere near big enough for a large Albion meet up.

Back in the day, the Sports Cafe at Haymarket was a superb venue for the Swindon home leg. There must have been about 200 of us in there for that one. However, it is a massive tourist trap and a bit of a tired concept IMO.

So right now, I'd have thought the best venue would be the Walkabout at Temple (right on the river). It was always a good venue for football, cheap food and beer, and it is huge. For the big international matches it is usually rammed. If anyone wants to organise an Albion in London drink on Friday night, this would be my preference.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I'm in SW4 was going to watch the match in Clapham/Battersea but up for joining an Albion invasion elsewhere!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
So right now, I'd have thought the best venue would be the Walkabout at Temple (right on the river). It was always a good venue for football, cheap food and beer, and it is huge. For the big international matches it is usually rammed. If anyone wants to organise an Albion in London drink on Friday night, this would be my preference.

It's a ruddy great barn of a place. It's not really that cheap any more though....well for drinks any way. They gave it refurb and ditched the loyalty card and put a quid on most drinks (pint of Guinness is £4.60 now). But like I said I'm pretty sure its happy hour until 10pm on a Friday and all beers are £2.50. The grub is still dirt cheap though and it a great place to watch football as there are tellies everywhere.

That said I watched one of the Europa League game in there a few weeks back and Thursday is karaoke night...eeeeekkkkkkk!

Sports Bar and Grill would be my choice off that list but that is because I'm lazy and like table service!

calvstar

May 7, 2013
Haywards Heath
I think the Temple Walkabout may be off as a venue because they have a "Retro Feva" event starting at 9:00pm that night......I would rather avoid that. I've been in the Farringdon Sports Grill one to see a Euro 2012 game and it was pretty good, not cheap (£4.30 a pint) but as you say you can get table service if you book a table to avoid the normal Friday night crowd.

Visit Walkabout in Temple for great food, live sport and entertainment

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
Of that list, I'd still go for the Rising Sun, but only because I know it well. However, it's nowhere near big enough for a large Albion meet up.

Back in the day, the Sports Cafe at Haymarket was a superb venue for the Swindon home leg. There must have been about 200 of us in there for that one. However, it is a massive tourist trap and a bit of a tired concept IMO.

Sports Bar Haymarket is a lucky omen. Was a great atmosphere in there for the Swindon away and home legs. Was in there last Friday and it's not too touristy anymore.. and even the ones that venture in usually just stick to the bar and leave the big screen for the crowd interested in whats going on.

Breesy1

Mar 14, 2013
London/Hove
If we go with Sports Bar & Grill I'll see if I can sort something out, best mate's old man owns the chain and they are normally quite accommodating. Not my first choice though, don't think the atmosphere is great.

Walkabout or White Hart for me. White Hart will be pure footy, anything central will succumb to usual Friday night suits, students, tourists. But equally I'll follow the masses, wil be good to get a decent group

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Hmnnn, yesterday it seemed everyone was set on The White Hart in Whitechapel, all these new suggestions are confusing me! [MENTION=12162]brighton_tom[/MENTION], [MENTION=27169]Breesy1[/MENTION], [MENTION=3329]essbee[/MENTION], [MENTION=27412]MuppetMaestro[/MENTION], [MENTION=14282]Quinney[/MENTION] are you guys still White Harting it?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Marylebone sounds great to me... White Hart is a bit of an arse drag from Camden... anything definitive yet or people going to different venues?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We should go to the Globe at Baker Street, get used to it for the pre Wembley drinks!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The Meade will be round and about for some brews whilst watching the game Friday. With his not quite Meade-esque brother. Am watching closely for most likely venues.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I'll come along and join wherever the Albion invasion happens. White Hart works for me, but central would do nicely too. Will keep an eye on this thread.......

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Really not worried where in London as I'll have a travel card, White Hart originally as there seemed be be quite a few up for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here