Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

London 2012 Tickets............Anyone Applied?

Sep 1, 2010
I am asking because i am not sure how the payment thing works. It seems to suggest they will take money before you know you have tickets for sure as they you get put into a draw, anyone know more about this?

Sep 1, 2010
The first you'll know is when the money disappears - the official notification is after they take the money I think!

Oh Okay thanks alot. Weird way of doing it. You would think they would let you know first before taking the cash, they cannot be that desperate for cash flow surely

Big Mart

Sep 12, 2010
Ticket sales timelines

Key timeline
Applications for Olympic Games tickets accepted between 15 March 2011 and 11.59pm on 26 April 2011
Applications processed between 10 May 2011 and 10 June 2011
Notifications sent to all applicants by 24 June 2011
Applications for Paralympic Games tickets open on 9 September 2011
Residents of the UK and designated European countries
Olympic Games ticket applications
The application phase for London 2012 Olympic Games tickets opens on Tuesday 15 March 2011 and closes at 11.59pm on Tuesday 26 April 2011. This is your chance to apply for the greatest tickets on earth, so don't miss out!

You can only submit one application per email address and Visa card so we recommend you take your time and discuss your plans with family and friends. You can either submit an application online or using a paper application form:

Online ticket applications must be submitted by 11.59pm on Tuesday 26 April 2011.
Paper application forms are contained in the Official Ticketing Guide which can be collected from your local Lloyds TSB branch (or Bank of Scotland in Scotland only) and your local library in Northern Ireland. Applications must be received at the address on the form no later than 11.59pm on 26 April 2011. Applications received after that date will not be considered. We recommend you send your completed form via a secure method to enable you to track your application.
Please note that your application is only a request for tickets. All applicants will be notified via email or letter if they have been successful in obtaining tickets by Friday 24 June 2011.

Ticket ballot and payment
For sessions where demand for tickets exceeds supply, London 2012 will use an automated and random selection process ('ballot') to ensure the fairest possible distribution and allocation of tickets on a session-by-session basis.

Once the application process is complete, payment will be taken from all successful applicants between Tuesday 10 May 2011 and Friday 10 June 2011.

If you apply online using Visa:

Please ensure you have sufficient funds available on the Visa card you provide between Tuesday 10 May 2011 and Friday 10 June 2011. Please also ensure that your Visa card will not expire before May 2011. If your Visa card is declined or rejected, your application may be withdrawn. You will only be charged the actual value of your application once the application process is complete and if tickets have been allocated to you.

Don't be fooled by bogus websites and organisations claiming to sell tickets to the Games. To check whether a website is an official sales channel use our website checker.

If you apply using a cheque or postal orders:

You must send payment for the maximum value of your application. Cheques and postal orders will not be deposited until your application has been processed between Tuesday 10 May 2011 and Friday 10 June 2011.

Notification period
All applicants will be notified via email or letter by Friday 24 June 2011 regarding the status of their application and if they have been successful in obtaining tickets.

Paralympic Games ticket applications
Applications for Paralympic Games tickets will open on 9 September 2011 and will follow a similar sales process to Olympic Games tickets. If you would like to apply for tickets to the London 2012 Paralympic Games, you can make a start by registering with us. Let us know your favourite Paralympic sports and events so we can email you information about those that interest you. Sign up now and you will be among the first to hear about ticketing news and other exciting events and offers.

Future ticket sales
As part of this sales process, applicants will be given the opportunity to apply for any remaining tickets in summer 2011.

Following this, any tickets which remain unsold will become available for sale online and by phone, using Visa only, from winter 2011. During this time, tickets will be sold on a first come, first served basis.

Residents outside the UK and designated European countries
If you are not a resident of the UK or a designated European country, regardless of citizenship, you will need to apply for tickets via your National Olympic Committee (NOC) or National Paralympic Committee (NPC). Some NOCs or NPCs may appoint an Authorised Ticket Reseller (ATR) in order to help the general public obtain tickets and services relating to the London 2012 Olympic Games and Paralympic Games. A full list of contact details for all NOCs, NPCs and ATRs can be found in Ticket eligibility.

Tickets to the London 2012 Olympic Games will be on sale via NOCs and ATRs from 15 March 2011. Applications for tickets to the London 2012 Paralympic Games will open via NPCs and ATRs on 9 September 2011. A full contact list for all NOCs and ATRs can be found in Ticket eligibility. A full list of NPCs and their ATRs will be available later in 2011.

Sep 1, 2010
Oh......Thanks Big Mart, could not have looked hard enough, i could not find that. Cheers. :)

Lush............That sounds about right!! Greedy feckers

Big Mart

Sep 12, 2010
No worries. Key not to pay by cheque it seems. Also the resale site doesn't open till next year. I am in for a small fortune but have spread the risk around different events and price bands. I don't expect to get many of my choices though.

Sep 1, 2010
No worries. Key not to pay by cheque it seems. Also the resale site doesn't open till next year. I am in for a small fortune but have spread the risk around different events and price bands. I don't expect to get many of my choices though.

No well, you're probably right, good luck though. I could only afford the cheap seats but being there is once in a lifetime so i would be over the moon if i got the two tickets.

kingstn seagull

Sep 4, 2007
YORKSHARE
I've applied for some athletics, badminton, and swimming tickets, should be great! Just hope i get at least one of them.
Am also thinking of getting some Wembley football tickets, 2 games for £20 is a steal (despite probably being shit teams with little to play for)

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Hope you can cover the small fortune and that none of the events clash with each other as you have to pay for EVERY successful application. I've a sneaky feeling most applications will be successful too as, let's face it, most of the events are way over priced.

I think that's a strange way of doing it, as they advise to apply for as much as possible to increase your chances of success but then won't let you pick from your successful applications. As a result I'm only in for 4 different events, non clashing, and just hoping for the best. Only events with 'kids pay their age' have adult tickets at £20 it seems, and lots of events have minimum £50 tickets with kids paying £50 too ! :eek:

Overall I'm disappointed, but applied for the events I could cover if my applications are successful as it really is a once in a lifetime for me, and probably my kids too.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
footnote: agreed about the two games at Wembley for £20 though.....absolute bargain !

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Ticket sales timelines

Key timeline
Applications for Olympic Games tickets accepted between 15 March 2011 and 11.59pm on 26 April 2011
Applications processed between 10 May 2011 and 10 June 2011
Notifications sent to all applicants by 24 June 2011
Applications for Paralympic Games tickets open on 9 September 2011
Residents of the UK and designated European countries
Olympic Games ticket applications
The application phase for London 2012 Olympic Games tickets opens on Tuesday 15 March 2011 and closes at 11.59pm on Tuesday 26 April 2011. This is your chance to apply for the greatest tickets on earth, so don't miss out!

You can only submit one application per email address and Visa card so we recommend you take your time and discuss your plans with family and friends. You can either submit an application online or using a paper application form:

Online ticket applications must be submitted by 11.59pm on Tuesday 26 April 2011.
Paper application forms are contained in the Official Ticketing Guide which can be collected from your local Lloyds TSB branch (or Bank of Scotland in Scotland only) and your local library in Northern Ireland. Applications must be received at the address on the form no later than 11.59pm on 26 April 2011. Applications received after that date will not be considered. We recommend you send your completed form via a secure method to enable you to track your application.
Please note that your application is only a request for tickets. All applicants will be notified via email or letter if they have been successful in obtaining tickets by Friday 24 June 2011.

Ticket ballot and payment
For sessions where demand for tickets exceeds supply, London 2012 will use an automated and random selection process ('ballot') to ensure the fairest possible distribution and allocation of tickets on a session-by-session basis.

Once the application process is complete, payment will be taken from all successful applicants between Tuesday 10 May 2011 and Friday 10 June 2011.

If you apply online using Visa:

Please ensure you have sufficient funds available on the Visa card you provide between Tuesday 10 May 2011 and Friday 10 June 2011. Please also ensure that your Visa card will not expire before May 2011. If your Visa card is declined or rejected, your application may be withdrawn. You will only be charged the actual value of your application once the application process is complete and if tickets have been allocated to you.

Don't be fooled by bogus websites and organisations claiming to sell tickets to the Games. To check whether a website is an official sales channel use our website checker.

If you apply using a cheque or postal orders:

You must send payment for the maximum value of your application. Cheques and postal orders will not be deposited until your application has been processed between Tuesday 10 May 2011 and Friday 10 June 2011.

Notification period
All applicants will be notified via email or letter by Friday 24 June 2011 regarding the status of their application and if they have been successful in obtaining tickets.

Paralympic Games ticket applications
Applications for Paralympic Games tickets will open on 9 September 2011 and will follow a similar sales process to Olympic Games tickets. If you would like to apply for tickets to the London 2012 Paralympic Games, you can make a start by registering with us. Let us know your favourite Paralympic sports and events so we can email you information about those that interest you. Sign up now and you will be among the first to hear about ticketing news and other exciting events and offers.

Future ticket sales
As part of this sales process, applicants will be given the opportunity to apply for any remaining tickets in summer 2011.

Following this, any tickets which remain unsold will become available for sale online and by phone, using Visa only, from winter 2011. During this time, tickets will be sold on a first come, first served basis.

Residents outside the UK and designated European countries
If you are not a resident of the UK or a designated European country, regardless of citizenship, you will need to apply for tickets via your National Olympic Committee (NOC) or National Paralympic Committee (NPC). Some NOCs or NPCs may appoint an Authorised Ticket Reseller (ATR) in order to help the general public obtain tickets and services relating to the London 2012 Olympic Games and Paralympic Games. A full list of contact details for all NOCs, NPCs and ATRs can be found in Ticket eligibility.

Tickets to the London 2012 Olympic Games will be on sale via NOCs and ATRs from 15 March 2011. Applications for tickets to the London 2012 Paralympic Games will open via NPCs and ATRs on 9 September 2011. A full contact list for all NOCs and ATRs can be found in Ticket eligibility. A full list of NPCs and their ATRs will be available later in 2011.

Next week : How to cure the World of all known diseases

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
How likely do you think that is? Team GB?

I would love a team GB myself, Im going to apply for my olympic tickets in a while now I have had my reminder, thanks Art.

Football at Wembley is on my radar!

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Once in a lifetime experience and I would love to go to some of the events. I registered way back last year when it all opened but still haven't actually applied. Definitely want the football, athletics and boxing would be good. My wife has suggested that the equestrian stuff might be a bit undersubscribed too. I'll sit down tomorrow and try and work it al out. Trouble is though that doubling up on tickets starts to get expensive especially if you allow the organisers to go above your price band. I don't want to end up with a £9000 bill like "Titanic" above but equally want a good chance of getting tickets. Perhaps we'll be able to swap the tickets on NSC !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here