Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loic Damour (merged)

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Sounds like this bloke is a decent prospect but the fact he's been 'linked' with a host of clubs may not really mean anything much other than that he's got a good agent! In fact, the story in the Scottish press linking him to Celtic was all purely based around quotes from the player and nothing at all from the club. The Villa line looks more realistic - you'd have expected Houllier to have his feelers out for the best French prospects. Interesting to see what happens with this one.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I reckon Gus won't sign him up straight away. Think he'll be on the flight out to Portugal and give him some game time against bigger teams than Whitehawk before he's signed on a permanent. Sounds a real prospect though.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I watched him last night and when you see someone who has alot of class it doesnt matter about the opponents.

He had played or trained in 2 months and turned up playing with people who he had never seen and do not speak his language. He played well within himself which was plain for all to see and you could see this is a special talent. Passing was outstanding, great shot on him, good engine and always available.

I genuinely think if we signed him then A) He will do really well for us and B) Possibly earn us alot of money.

Totally agree with you BB.When I saw Mark Lawrensen all those years ago,| knew.I just Knew.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
Totally agree with you BB.When I saw Mark Lawrensen all those years ago,| knew.I just Knew.

Exactly that. Im not saying it will completely work out for a minute.

However, Whoever was at Worthing last night left the game going wow and it could just be a gem from out of knowhere.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
No he didnt. Purely because his agent said he was due to speak to gus in the morning (today) but as soon as the game finished Gus took him for a quiet word with Damour aswell and they seemed keen.

He may well be on that trip, hope so.

Would be good for both parties I think.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

Mark Lawenson the all round play anywhere player always was my favorite player and was always going to be a great earner for the Albion and although his views or non views on his time at the Albion upset some he was worth the admittance price alone and both myself and the Mrs watched him in some bloody awful charity match on TV a while ago he does still have "it".
if this lad Loic Damour has "it" as well then lets sign him and if things go pear shaped or we need the cash then its there and he obviously likes Gus
everyones a winner then.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Posted by Marshy

As decent as he sounds....give me Jonjo Shelvey on a season long loan any day please

I understand your point but JJ Shelvey would only fill a gap for a season - perhaps.

Damour would be available on a free (if we were lucky enough to get him, he is a terrific footballer), and at the end of any contract would be worth a very considerable amount if we were unable to keep him.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Damour would be available on a free, and at the end of any contract would be worth a very considerable amount if we were unable to keep him.

This is exactly what Palace did with Murray and makes good business sense.

In my mind it would kind of balance out the financial loss.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Just how do you pronounce Loic. Is it the french equivalent of Louis?

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Do we fly out tomorrow?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here