Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loic Damour (merged)

FLAIRtastic

Aug 29, 2010
Jeeeesus. What Gus has done to the club is quite unbelievable, the fact a player who's been linked with Villa, Celtic and other Premiershite clubs really puts into context how far we've come as a football club in the last year.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
The thing is, the more we get excited about him, the more publicity he will get. The more chance a bigger club will come in and snatch him. Tbh he seems to be a bit above our league. Would love it if we signed him, a decent season with us and he could be worth a fortune at the end of season. As with KLL and CMS Nothing suprises me, but just cant see this 1 happening

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Its crazy, listening to talksport whenever a championship teams supporter comes on they always list us as the main title contenders. I cant even say that sentence outloud without bursting into childish giggles. GP & TB what have you done....

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I don't want to piss on anyone's parade and whilst I haven't seen loic in action, he has been playing in the French third division with strasbourg.

No doubt the English pyramid is stronger than the French, so whilst its exciting to have a player linked with Newcastle and Celtic on trial with us, the reality is loic would be jumping from French div 3 to English div 2 which is a massive step up in class for the player.

Don't expect to much, he's not coming from the French top division.

Super Gus!

Mar 3, 2010
I don't want to piss on anyone's parade and whilst I haven't seen loic in action, he has been playing in the French third division with strasbourg.

No doubt the English pyramid is stronger than the French, so whilst its exciting to have a player linked with Newcastle and Celtic on trial with us, the reality is loic would be jumping from French div 3 to English div 2 which is a massive step up in class for the player.

everyone who saw him play said he was class so i think we'll take more from them than u....

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
everyone who saw him play said he was class so i think we'll take more from them than u....

He has a point though, the guy looked class against Whtehawk but hopefully he'll remain on trial with us and we take him to Portugal to play against better opponents.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Its crazy, listening to talksport whenever a championship teams supporter comes on they always list us as the main title contenders. I cant even say that sentence outloud without bursting into childish giggles. GP & TB what have you done....

I don't listen to talksport but if they list us as the 'main title contenders' I think they're very much mistaken :eek:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
What, on the basis of 60mins against Whitehawk. Surely it seems strange that a player linked with the prem has come to us as a trialist!!!

I heard his agent is from Bton and doesnt want him to go to the prem because he feels he is not ready. Agent feels Gus and the club are right for him and is confident the player will sign, apparently.

We were also looking at him last year so his being here is not just a freak occurence out of the blue. We didnt do anything last year coz he was under contract but now Strasbourg are in financial trouble.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset

Probably started in the prem before they got clobbered ?

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
I watched him last night and when you see someone who has alot of class it doesnt matter about the opponents.

He had played or trained in 2 months and turned up playing with people who he had never seen and do not speak his language. He played well within himself which was plain for all to see and you could see this is a special talent. Passing was outstanding, great shot on him, good engine and always available.

I genuinely think if we signed him then A) He will do really well for us and B) Possibly earn us alot of money.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
I wonder if he is off to portagul with the rest of the team? I hope his agent has enough influence over him to get him to sign here as we seem his prefered option.

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
The guy was class. He was in line with me on the edge of the penalty area and he hit a pass, must have been 40-50 yds and it landed on our players foot.
Like a previous post said, he didnt know anybody, had not trained for 2 mohths, but he went off down the wing like a racehorse. Looked fit to me.

This guy is the dogs bollox and i hope he is on the plane on Monday, so he can gel with the guys.

Last edited:

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina

Strasbourg have been a Ligue1/Ligue2 club since the 1930's. Last season was the first time they have played in Ligue 3 and they finished 4th (W20 D17 L3 56GF-27GA), just missing out on promotion. They were promoted to Ligue 1 in 2007, followed by two relegations in 2008, 2010. A lot of their squad have Ligue 1 and/or Ligue 2 experience, including Loic, who was in their youth squad for 2007/2008 and senior squad from 2008 on. He's also played 36 times for the French National U 16's, 17's, 18's 19's and 20's (scoring 4 goals).

Based on that, and the 60 minutes against WH, I'd take him - and I hope Gus does. In Gus we Trust :bowdown:

FFF : football, rration

Football - Soccer - Strasbourg (France) : results, palmares, standings and statistics

RC Strasbourg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Loïc Damour - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here