Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loft gets another year

Buffalo Seagull

Jun 1, 2006
Geelong, Vic, Australia
Can't quite understand why people are so certain Loft won't be able to make it at this level. He's still only 20 and has shown encouraging signs this season in the reserves. He's almost 4 years younger than Hammond - and how good did people think he was four years ago.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Buffalo Seagull said:
Can't quite understand why people are so certain Loft won't be able to make it at this level. He's still only 20 and has shown encouraging signs this season in the reserves. He's almost 4 years younger than Hammond - and how good did people think he was four years ago.

True. He probably has more natural talent with the ball than some of our team. I don't see how a year can hurt. It is not as if he will be on huge wages. Deano obviously likes the look of him and I am sure Hinsh and others would have a say in the matter.

They are good judges of character as they have shown in the past and I am going to trust them on this one.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Buffalo Seagull said:

What sort of utterly ridiculous thing is that to say? There's no room for rational thinking like that here. Loft is either the new Pele or the new Richard Tiltman - that's how it is meant to be

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
laugh so hard if Lofty went on to become player of the season now

yeah shocked that Paul Hinsh was let go but i'm suprised Kerry go another one so that kind've makes sense

Reidy- fantastic (would've given more myself but alot depends on how he comes back from the injury ) Guy - called perfectly i reckon
Harty - a squad player whos always a handy fresh pair of legs so good , and Lofty i think we've yet to see the best of form with , he has the ability just hasn't had the chance to get a good run of games under his belt to prove it.. definitely make or break for the lad and i hope he shows what he is made of :)

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I think the comments about Loft are unfair. He is regarded with the same (lack of) esteem that Hammond was a few years ago. If Kerry can be offered another contract they, might as well bring back Fred Binney to solve our striking problems.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Binney on acid said:
I think the comments about Loft are unfair. He is regarded with the same (lack of) esteem that Hammond was a few years ago.

word :) many players have been written off before they have actually started here, so already have had a monkey on there back to shake off from the off - can't do the confidence much good can it?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
has loft actually done ANYTHING of note since being here?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Scotty Mac said:
has loft actually done ANYTHING of note since being here?

He got MOM in the Sussex Senior Cup final.

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
:angry: get behind the lad for gods sake!

wilkins obviously has faith in him and that's good enough for me.

well done doug!

if you're reading, i for one sincerely hope you prove all these idiots on here wrong in the coming season.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Binney on acid said:
I think the comments about Loft are unfair. He is regarded with the same (lack of) esteem that Hammond was a few years ago.

i think the difference is that hammond actually looked good in his early appearances - ispwich away in the cup and watford away in the league. he probably would of got a run of games, but coppell came in and was reluctant to play youngsters - as was shown with virgo

with loft, i cant remember him doing anything of note since being here, whereas hammond had shown glimpses of potential

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The Face said:

well done doug!

if you're reading, i for one sincerely hope you prove all these idiots on here wrong in the coming season.
:thumbsup:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Yorkie said:
He got MOM in the Sussex Senior Cup final.

an indication of the level he can succeed at then

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
The Face said:

well done doug!

Bloody right, the lads probably on absolute peanuts. He has worked his bollocks off since he came here, he must be so low on confidence if he is aware of the opinions of most fans. Fair play to him for working hard and giving himself a chance, if DW thinks he can offer something next year then thats reason enough for me. Good luck Doug.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
sir danny cullip said:
Bloody right, the lads probably on absolute peanuts. He has worked his bollocks off since he came here, he must be so low on confidence if he is aware of the opinions of most fans. Fair play to him for working hard and giving himself a chance, if DW thinks he can offer something next year then thats reason enough for me. Good luck Doug.

agreed :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Loft was outstanding in Sussex Senior Cup Final. OK it was against Worthing but if he could approach first team matches with the same level of confidence he could become a very good player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here