Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia, prove us wrong

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I’m not aware of you telling people they’re bad fans when they’ve criticised a performance by someone who earns more in a week than they have in a year (that they’ve dropped something over £50 on to see the whole pitch all of the time when you’ve seen part of the pitch for free).

But maybe you have :shrug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or not even a fan of the Albion at all.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No you just touched a bad-fan nerve, no worries.

No offence meant and sorry you couldn’t keep your ST but you’re still a Brighton fan and more entitled to an opinion on here than our resident hanger on.

But I do stick with the stone cold fact that you can see more of a player’s performance at the ground than on the telly.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Is your point that you think Connolly is good enough?
Or do you just take exception to what you see as the abuse of him on here?
You may well be right that some of the criticism is too personal and harsh .
But that doesn’t mean Connolly is good enough at this level. And that seems to be most people’s points on this thread.
That said, he does get a lot of support at games. You really should come to a game. I think it would be a real eye opener. You’d like the pies.

V good point, it's good to remember that there is a chasm in reality sometimes between games in the flesh and internet message forums and twitter etc. I've always supported AC at games (well, with the odd mutter and groan to my mate beside me). AC's on pitch reactions (ear cupping etc) might indicate he listens too much to social media, although tbf football is a mix of pantomime and the Roman ampitheatre of thumbs up/thimbs down (which is why I fecking luv it, luv it like Kevin did).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
All you need to remember about this 'debate' is if GPott washed his hands of Connolly saying words to the effect of:-

'I can't do any more with the lad, he needs to leave to improve'.

One particular poster would be first in the queue sticking the boot in, slamming the door and screaming 'good riddance to bad rubbish'.

herecomesaregular

Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
No offence meant and sorry you couldn’t keep your ST but you’re still a Brighton fan and more entitled to an opinion on here than our resident hanger on.

But I do stick with the stone cold fact that you can see more of a player’s performance at the ground than on the telly.

Haha, never a fence taken. Swansmum is entitled to his opinion as much as me though and he obviously has a nerve touched re a young player and over-abuse, as he's stated, which is very much fair enough. He also encourages debate goign against the flow, which is commendable. But then again i do agree he can come across a "bit rude" and I have had him on and off Ignore due to his attitude to fans who have been through thick and thin with the Albion. But also he does in fact appear to know more about football than I do aswell! :lolol: So many contradictions, it's marvelous.

herecomesaregular

Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
And just to add, in this Locadia thread, i would rather have Connolly on the pitch than Locadia, every time. AC seems likely to miss at the moment, Locadia seems miles away from even being in a position to miss. Says it all.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Haha, never a fence taken. Swansmum is entitled to his opinion as much as me though and he obviously has a nerve touched re a young player and over-abuse, as he's stated, which is very much fair enough. He also encourages debate goign against the flow, which is commendable. But then again i do agree he can come across a "bit rude" and I have had him on and off Ignore due to his attitude to fans who have been through thick and thin with the Albion. But also he does in fact appear to know more about football than I do aswell! :lolol: So many contradictions, it's marvelous.

As said the problem is they aren't his opinions.

He's not fighting for Connolly with the courage of his convictions.
He's fighting AC's corner because he believes there's currently 3 of them stood in it.

For what it's worth I think the of on line trolling leveled at AC is ridiculous. (coming from a lover of 'more haircuts than goals')
I think he's a victim of the clubs inability to sign a strikers causing him to be elevated to a status a little beyond his abilities.

Bizarrely enough Big Jurg is the perfect foil as him wasting his time on the bench is better than one of the kidz wasting their considerably more valuable time, sat in his place.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
For what it's worth I think the of on line trolling leveled at AC is ridiculous. (coming from a lover of 'more haircuts than goals') I think he's a victim of the clubs inability to sign a strikers causing him to be elevated to a status a little beyond his abilities.

Said similar earlier, AC being thrust into first team action I don’t think is borne just of Ac’s or the team’s best interests, it’s likely the club know a loan might have bought him on quicker, but as you say needs must. And so we have a young player subjected to undue criticism because we left ourselves few options in the forward department. He should be considered a player we’re nurturing and doing our best with, not one you just sling out because a few ‘know-it-all’ fans have written him off already.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
All you need to remember about this 'debate' is if GPott washed his hands of Connolly saying words to the effect of:-

'I can't do any more with the lad, he needs to leave to improve'.

One particular poster would be first in the queue sticking the boot in, slamming the door and screaming 'good riddance to bad rubbish'.

It really depends on when that would happen. If they sell Connolly to Scotland or a lower division in January, I would not be happy. A loan or a transfer further on is a different question.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Said similar earlier, AC being thrust into first team action I don’t think is borne just of Ac’s or the team’s best interests, it’s likely the club know a loan might have bought him on quicker, but as you say needs must. And so we have a young player subjected to undue criticism because we left ourselves few options in the forward department. He should be considered a player we’re nurturing and doing our best with, not one you just sling out because a few ‘know-it-all’ fans have written him off already.

This.

The pressure on him when he plays does no one any favours.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Where did the Locadia thread go.

Horse running at Plumpton today in the 3.15 Larcadio

This seasons form:
Pulled up
Pulled up
Pulled up

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.