Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia, prove us wrong

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Other than Propper have we ever had much success recruiting either Dutch players or from the Dutch leagues? Ali-J, Locadia, Elvis, that big chesty bloke who had one great game for Fulham and naff all for us....

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Connolly , our Premier league Jake Robinson , .. We all thought he was going to be the next big thing , a few goals here and there but largely failed to impress at the required level . Difference being Conolly has more talent but a dire attitude . Championship at best !

Spot on. For Jake Robinson against Huddersfield see Connolly against Spurs.

He found his level playing against Swansea's second string in the last round.

He can **** off and whilst he is ****ing off he can bloody well take Locadia with him. Unfortunately that isn't possible at the moment given our striker famine. I just wish Potter would stop telling us he is happy with our striking options.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
It must’ve been a 4.5 year contract and our record signing at the time of £14m. **** struth.

Jahanbakhsh was £17m and a 5 year contract.

The nadir of our EPL transfer business.

But more than made up with Bissouma, Lamptey, Webster, Veltman, Cucurella, etc.

He was a pre-Ashworth signing wasn't he? That seems to be when we wasted the most money

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He was a pre-Ashworth signing wasn't he? That seems to be when we wasted the most money

Yes he was - but both on Winstanleys watch

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Some of the comments on here are out of order.
Locadia hasn’t mugged us off.
The selling club didn’t mug us off.
We mugged ourselves off by giving a ridiculous contract to such a limited player.
Locadia is financially set up for life. Who’s the fool?
FWIW I think he does his best and he must have shown something to get a start yesterday.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
What really concerns me is that Potter deemed him worthy of retaining and actually putting him on the bench this season. Can't he see what we can all see? He shipped out AJ but at least AJ used to try.

Baffling.

Potters brief is very much - work with what we have and improve them.

Doing pretty well but strikers is the one area he needs to be backed.

If we don't then a move to another club becomes more attractive I imagine

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Locardia acted as a target man last night and to be fair he did a relatively good job, his passing abilities are ok but he offered a fairly static target and for such a big guy doesn’t like a tackle or a header

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Other than Propper have we ever had much success recruiting either Dutch players or from the Dutch leagues? Ali-J, Locadia, Elvis, that big chesty bloke who had one great game for Fulham and naff all for us....

Veltman, and Hans Kraay from back in the day.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
JL is truly the most overrated striker this club has ever had,... he really is gash, the sooner he and AC move on, the better, total waste of salary width within our budget.... roll on January... fingers crossed that some Swiss, Irish or Scottish 2nd division team recruitment dept aren't up to speed with their player research processes.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
JL is truly the most overrated striker this club has ever had,... he really is gash, the sooner he and AC move on, the better, total waste of salary width within our budget.... roll on January... fingers crossed that some Swiss, Irish or Scottish 2nd division team recruitment dept aren't up to speed with their player research processes.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

AC is just 21 and a product of our Academy. Frankly a ridiculous thing to say.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Nothing against the guy, but the standard of the premier league is just so high, and he’s not there.

Be a clean break once his contract expires.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Really ? REALLY ?

He has no pace. No power. He doesn't hold it up, by his own admission he can't head the ball, his 2nd touch would be a tackle if he could be bothered to make one. He doesn't get into dangerous areas, I've seen more movement and mobility from a traffic bollard. But TECHNICALLY there is little wrong with him ?

Christ, I'm glad you're not on our scouting team. Or maybe you were, because we got well and truly done up like a kipper signing this mug. I never want to see him on a pitch again, until its for some other club he's somehow stolen a living from.

Why do you engage with this idiot?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He's nearly 22 and it's become quite clear he has no future as a Premier League player. He's not technically good enough, nor does he have the right attitude.

Not all of the players we break through will make it. All clubs go through the same thing.

We need to move him on.

Regardless of that I wouldn’t call him a ‘useless waste of salary’. He’s perhaps been used too early at this level, he may not be good enough. I know at 22 Ian Wright was playing for Greenwich Borough and Jamie Vardy didn’t leave Fleetwood until he was 25, at 22 he was still at Stockbridge Park Steels. But of course some numbskulls on a football forum know a player is good enough or not ahead of their 22nd birthday.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Regardless of that I wouldn’t call him a ‘useless waste of salary’. He’s perhaps been used too early at this level, he may not be good enough. I know at 22 Ian Wright was playing for Greenwich Borough and Jamie Vardy didn’t leave Fleetwood until he was 25, at 22 he was still at Stockbridge Park Steels. But of course some numbskulls on a football forum know a player is good enough or not ahead of their 22nd birthday.

You could go further, list the top say 50 strikers in the PL and find out what they they were doing at age 21.

Most of them would be down the leagues or in a weaker foreign league at that age. Only probably around 10, would have played and scored at PL level or equivalent and have international caps. Most of those players probably didn't really look the part at PL level until about age 24.

Not to say that every 21 year old striker will make it of course. But you probably can't start chucking "waste of salary" type comments for a while. Scoring past PL keepers and outwitting PL defenders is bloody hard.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Really ? REALLY ?

He has no pace. No power. He doesn't hold it up, by his own admission he can't head the ball, his 2nd touch would be a tackle if he could be bothered to make one. He doesn't get into dangerous areas, I've seen more movement and mobility from a traffic bollard. But TECHNICALLY there is little wrong with him ?

Christ, I'm glad you're not on our scouting team. Or maybe you were, because we got well and truly done up like a kipper signing this mug. I never want to see him on a pitch again, until its for some other club he's somehow stolen a living from.

Exactly. The only time I want to see him play in the future is in the DJ Booth of some glammed up trance club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
You could go further, list the top say 50 strikers in the PL and find out what they they were doing at age 21.

Most of them would be down the leagues or in a weaker foreign league at that age. Only probably around 10, would have played and scored at PL level or equivalent and have international caps. Most of those players probably didn't really look the part at PL level until about age 24.

Not to say that every 21 year old striker will make it of course. But you probably can't start chucking "waste of salary" type comments for a while. Scoring past PL keepers and outwitting PL defenders is bloody hard.

I would have liked to see him take the Zeqiri route - some sub appearances in the PL, some cup games then a loan to decent team abroad. But , making sweeping generalisations here, do the Irish travel that well? I don't think his ego will take a drop a level in the UK?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
He's nearly 22 and it's become quite clear he has no future as a Premier League player. He's not technically good enough, nor does he have the right attitude.

Not all of the players we break through will make it. All clubs go through the same thing.

We need to move him on.

I remember lots of similar posts about Solly March when he was 22.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here