Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lobby your MP - EDM 882

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
scotjem said:
Last time I wrote to mine, his reply was,

"Whilst I agree with the sentiment of your letter, as a Parlimentary Private Secreatry I do not as a rule sign EDMs"

Don't let this put you off checking whether they're eligible this time round. My MP wrote me a very nice letter last time explaining why he couldn't sign... now he's no longer a member of the government I shall be reminding him of this.

Techno

Oct 23, 2006
West Midlands
Just e-mailed my local MP, who is tory Mark Lancaster.

I included stuff about the MK Dons new stadium in Denbigh, the economic, social and community benefits it will provide MK, and how these same benefits will happen at Falmer. This is obviously a local issue up here, so something he can relate to.

Also, i said im 17, turing voting age in September, and that atm i am an undecided voter, however i would not vote liberal democrat because of LDC and Bellotti. And that his support of this issue, which i feel very strongly about, would probably lead to my support of him in the future.

Lets hope he signs it now

:albion:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Starry said:
Have just emailed our MP here - Michael Mates (Conservative) and did the same from my parents to their MP - Sir George Young (Conservative)

Mates will sign.

George Young pretty much told me (well, my mother) to piss off and that he doesn't meddle in other constituencies.

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
Just mailed my local MP Nick Gibb, don't think he'll sign though as he hasn't signed any of the other Falmer realted ones

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
Email sent to Douglas Hogg, Conservative MP for Sleaford and North Hykeham.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Wasn't it put down before the last election; ie in the last Parliament? If yes, it doesn't apply.

If that's the case. fair enough. But we should draw attention to the fact it's gone on so long now we're outlasting the life of central governments let alone ministers in charge of this issue.

Gosh, twenty pounds and a few afternoons in the cold. You're right, that's FAR too much to ask ANY reasonable football fan to put themselves through!

The cost isn't bank-braking, that's not my point. But it equates to an awful lot of letters doesn't it? Will another make any difference to the scores of others I've written and got others to do likewise over the past 11 (eleven) years? Probably not, but here I go again.....

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Have emailed my LibDem MP Jeremy Brown:

Rejoice! As a football supporter you have the opportunity to assist Brighton and Hove Albion in their ten year quest for a new stadium at highly suitable Falmer.You may know the background--their old ground sold out from under them,the removal to Gillingham,the return to the dire"Theatre of Trees" at Withdean,the trials and tribulations of the planning processes to get approval for the new stadium,the utter joy of getting the approval.

The bleak despair at its overturn on a technicality.

And still the process drags on.A growing list of clubs have built new grounds,and Wembley has been demolished and rebuilt in that timescale.

But still the Albion wait.

And you could help them by the simple act of signing EDM 882 and joining the burgeoning list of MPs who are doing the right thing.

Give your day an Uplift.

Sign EDM 882

(PS,thought 0-5 at Southend was a bit harsh)

(Mr Brown supports QPR........................for his sins!)

My hopes are small.Previous emails have received "Not my constituency " replies.

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
Have e.mailed the following to Sir George Young:

Dear Sir George.

Have you had the opportunity to look at the above Early Day Motion regarding the proposed community stadium which Brighton and Hove Albion F.C. hope to build?

I appreciate that this is not within your constituency, but it is fast becoming a national issue, and in my opinion, has dragged on for far too long.

Essentially, the supporters of the football club believe that since the elected government saw fit to approve planning permission for the stadium, it should now be built. The unwarranted interference by members of Lewes District Council is neither democratic or representative of the local electorate.

I hope you will feel you are able to support the motion.

Yours sincerely

etc. etc.

Hope to receive a reply soonest.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Sir George sent me this in reply to my email.

"Many thanks for the email; I hope you don’t mind if I don’t pursue this. I honestly don’t know enough about this and I am reluctant to intervene in another MP’s constituency.

Best wishes, George Young"

I felt like replying and saying well educate yourself about it and do you only sign EDM that involve your own constituency?

But I didn't.

vauxhallexile

Jul 31, 2003
Wasn't Ruth Kelly due to comment on representations received from interested parties about the middle of February? Anyone got an update on that?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
vauxhallexile said:
Wasn't Ruth Kelly due to comment on representations received from interested parties about the middle of February? Anyone got an update on that?

the deadline for submissions is tomorrow. These ar ethne circulated to all parties to make a comment and then allow 6 weeks for responses to be sent back to her department. She then has to decide whether to reopen the inquiry or make a decision.

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
the wanderbus said:
Just emailed Charles Hendry but will be very surprised if he signs as he is generally a fence sitting, non commital windbag.

wanderbus, Keep the pressure on Hendry, he signed the last one after initially saying he wouldn't.

Starry said:

I felt like replying and saying well educate yourself about it and do you only sign EDM that involve your own constituency?

But I didn't.

Starry give it a go, this is what I and others for Wealden did to Hendry last time round, as said above he eventually signed it.

I will be emailing Hendry this afternoon.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I have been looking through all the football EDMs and collating names of the MPs that have signed them.

Could we use all of our (collective) contacts to find friends/relatives/friends relatives etc. to push this forward? I am sure we must cover a fair amount of the country...

I am assuming that it would not be sensible for someone living outside the constituency to lobby a particular MP...But may be worth targetting those with an obvious interest in the game.

We could compile a big list and then cross them off, as it were...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here