Littlehampton
E-mailed Nick Gibb this morning.

Will keep you advised.

Last edited:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Still no reply from Bob Russell who is a football fan and keen on Colchester United's community stadium.
But he is LibDem and, with the exception of Mike Hancock and Mark Oaten, they are hell-bent on the destruction of BHAFC and the protection of a handful of toffs in Falmer against the great unwashed from Moulsecombe.
I am hopeful of persuading a good number of acquaintances not to vote LibDem again. :D

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Have now e-mail my MP, Sandra Gidley from Romsey. Have pointed out the note about the B&H Lib Dem's so hopefully that will help!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
S'hampton Seagull said:
Have now e-mail my MP, Sandra Gidley from Romsey. Have pointed out the note about the B&H Lib Dem's so hopefully that will help!

Wasting your time. Bitch has already responded to me - 'sorry, but as this motion is related to an area outside of my constituency, and I am not aware of all the facts, I am unable to sign it'.

She is generally a useless tosspot, anyway, so it didn't come as a complete surprise.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Thank you for your email regarding the EDM below. When I was elected to Parliament in 2005 I was asked to sign the EDM in the first session and I spoke to the local MP, because a lot of fuss had been made of the fact that he did not support this site for the stadium. He, and the local residents of Falmer are opposed to this particular site, which is on the boundary of the 2 local authorities and covers an area, which if I remember correctly is a SSSI (Site of special scientific interest). The local council argues that there are alternative sites that could be used in the area, but that the neighbouring council will not consider them.
I agree that the time it has taken to make the decision is unacceptable, and I strongly believe that Brighton deserve a decent stadium, but because the issue has been politicised locally, I can't support the EDM.

If you are unhappy with my explanation, I would willingly speak to you to discuss the matter further. My office number is 434 3334, or you can email me your telephone number.

Kind regards

John Leech

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
J.Brown,Lib Dem Taunton has not signed ......is there a large

Cross on the EDM?

Last edited:

MOWTCHOPS

Banned
Feb 17, 2007
26352.jpg

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Just emailed Laura Moffat, who as I remember only kept her seat by one or two votes and after a recount - so let's see what her response is.

:glare:

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
just got a reply from nick ainger mp for pembroke :(

Dear Mr Bevan

Thank you for your email regarding Early Day Motion 882 and the proposed community stadium for Brighton and Hove Albion.

Unfortunately, my position as Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State at the Wales Office does not allow me to put my name to Early Day Motions and I am therefore unable to sign EDM 882.

The Rt Hon John Prescott, then Secretary of State with responsibility for planning, released his decisions on the planning applications by Brighton & Hove Albion F.C for a new stadium on land north of Village Way, Falmer, on 28 October 2005. The decision granted planning permission for the stadium which this was challenged by Lewes District Council and others on 8th December 2005. The decision has since been quashed by order of the Court and is now before the Rt Hon Ruth Kelly MP, Secretary of State for Communities, for re-determination. This means that the October 2005 decision has no legal standing and the law requires that we determine the case completely afresh.

Following the Court Ruling, the Secretary of State asked for representations from all interested parties to be presented to her by 15th February 2007. Ruth Kelly is now carefully considering the evidence and will make a decision which will be announced in Spring 2007.

Whilst I am aware of the ongoing situation regarding Falmer, I do not know the details of the case and think that it would be unwise to comment. However, I am a strong supporter of any development that brings community, social and economic benefits and opportunities to local areas and I hope that the situation can be resolved as quickly as possible.

I hope you find this helpful.

NICK AINGER MP

Last edited:

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Indeed she has - i just received this from her:

"I am pleased to inform you that I added my name to the list of signatures in support of the motion on 21st february, as I to recognise this important issue."

Well done Laura

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
FamilyGuy said:
Indeed she has - i just received this from her:

"I am pleased to inform you that I added my name to the list of signatures in support of the motion on 21st february, as I to recognise this important issue."

Well done Laura
I suppose she aint all bad :lolol:

Stumpy Tim

Tesco in Disguise said:
Thank you for your email regarding the EDM below. When I was elected to Parliament in 2005 I was asked to sign the EDM in the first session and I spoke to the local MP, because a lot of fuss had been made of the fact that he did not support this site for the stadium. He, and the local residents of Falmer are opposed to this particular site, which is on the boundary of the 2 local authorities and covers an area, which if I remember correctly is a SSSI (Site of special scientific interest). The local council argues that there are alternative sites that could be used in the area, but that the neighbouring council will not consider them.
I agree that the time it has taken to make the decision is unacceptable, and I strongly believe that Brighton deserve a decent stadium, but because the issue has been politicised locally, I can't support the EDM.

If you are unhappy with my explanation, I would willingly speak to you to discuss the matter further. My office number is 434 3334, or you can email me your telephone number.

Kind regards

John Leech

As No's go, that's quite a good response... giving out his phone number and encouraging you to ring him. I think he comes out of that well

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Emailed about 80 and two have signed so far! (Although not definitely due to my emails).

Walter, Robert and Bayley, Hugh. Keep up the pressure! Planning on emailing a heck of a lot more tonight and tomorrow. All the addresses can be found here...

http://www.parliament.uk/directories/hciolists/alms.cfm

Just do it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here