Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lobby your MP - EDM 882

The History Man

Aug 16, 2003
Brighton
Dr Des Turner, MP for Brighton Kemptown, has tabled an Early Day Motion, EDM 882, in the House of Commons in support of the stadium at Falmer.

We need to do all we can to get the number of signatories to this motion as high as possible.

A large number of signatures, especially from the Labour backbenches, will send a strong message to Ruth Kelly that this stadium has huge support across the country.

PLEASE DO YOUR BEST TO GET YOUR MP TO SIGN EDM 882.

You can find all you need to know about EDM 882 here: EDM 882. Please have a look at this website before you contact your MP.

We have, of course, been here before. Back in 2004 we drove EDM 889 up to 145 signatures. That should be our first target this time.

Please pass the EDM 882 lobbying website address on: http://freespace.virgin.net/tim.carder/edm882.htm

And keep those postcards going in to the House of Commons as well!

Thank you

Tim Carder
Chairman, Brighton & Hove Albion Supporters' Club
Falmer For All Campaign

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
silly question but seeing as my MP is Norman Baker......I presume he's signed it?

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
The Large One said:
He's tabled it.

There are six signatures so far.

Turner, Desmond
Lepper, David
Barlow, Celia
Gibson, Ian
Betts, Clive
Keen, Alan
What? You mean Peter 'I stood in Worthing because they'd elect a donkey with a blue rosette' Bottomley and Tim 'nice but dim' Loughton haven't signed yet? It's enough to make a man vote UKIP...

Last edited:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Have just emailed our MP here - Michael Mates (Conservative) and did the same from my parents to their MP - Sir George Young (Conservative)

Good Luck with it all :)

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Just emailed Stephen Pound (Labour, Ealing North and a Fulham fan). I pointed out that as he mentioned Paul Brooker in his maiden speech to the Commons, he ought to help us out!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Spiros said:
You mean Tim 'nice but dim' Loughton hasn't signed yet? I

Is he the Tory-boy bandwagon jumper who spoke so rousingly at the Falmer March? Presumably with such strong feelings for our cause he'll be right onto it?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
didnt we have one of these last year?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
ah right.

what has changed since then to have to get another EDM?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ok...I understand that one....

So this is something else to concentrate Kelly's mind then?...as well as the Post cards,

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Accordingly sent to my LIB DEM MP, Sandra Gidley;

EDM 882

Dear Mrs Gidley

I am writing to urge you to register your support for EDM 882. If you have not yet had the opportunity to see it, it reads thus;

“That this House regrets that, after more than five years, the planning application for the Brighton and Hove Community Stadium at Falmer is still unresolved; recognises the outstanding community, social and economic benefits and opportunities that the stadium would bring to the city and surrounding region; greatly appreciates the enormous contribution the stadium would make towards the regeneration of the deprived east Brighton area; acknowledges that these benefits amount to national considerations that weigh in favour of the stadium's development; recognises that Falmer is the only site in the city where a sustainable transport plan can be implemented; commends the Falmer stadium proposals to the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government; and calls for the earliest possible decision in favour of the Falmer plans.”

I trust that you may be familiar with the predicament of the sporting community of Brighton and Hove, who have for five years, since the planning application for the proposed community stadium was first submitted, been waiting on a final decision from the government.

Of course we have already had one 'final decision' in favour of the proposals, which are desperately needed to regenerate the deprived area of East Brighton, and safeguard the future of the football club which contributes so much to the local community.

This first decision was withdrawn on a technicality, as an error had been made in the exact wording of the approval letter. We now await another final decision from Ruth Kelly, I call on you as my MP to show support for this worthwhile cause, to help her make the right decision.

I trust that you will follow your principles and sign the motion, in direct contrast to your party colleagues in Lewes, who have sought to obstruct the development at every stage, against the wishes of a great, great many of their constituents.

Very best regards

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
great letter

D

Deleted member 2719

Just e-mailed Andrew Tyrie con.

I will let you all know of any response.

Anyone else in his ward please do the same.

Numbers can only help.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here