Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Lloyd Russell-Moyle

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
According to politics home, the complaint about LRM actually came from the left of the party (to be entirely accurate, a left wing/momentum labour member who was kicked out for antisemitism) decided to make an accusation about something that happened in 2016.

So if it was a centrist purge, it seems very strange to get someone to the left of magic grandpa to make the complaint!

The problem seems not to be that he was on the left but that he wasn't left enough

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
local lad (now in London) and lobbyist for gambling and fossil fuel companies. A real man of the people.
That at 48hrs notice they have a locally born and raised candidate who has been vetted is actually quite an achievement. It's up to the electorate now to decide if they want him.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
It's a miracle....
I take it you haven't read my earlier post about where the complaint against lrm emanate?

Trust me, I am hugely disappointed he won't be the candidate but this is not a battle that the party at any level wanted. However a specifically timed complaint was made to cause the biggest impact and it's not come from a centrist it seems. Far from the party wanting him out.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I take it you haven't read my earlier post about where the complaint against lrm emanate?

Trust me, I am hugely disappointed he won't be the candidate but this is not a battle that the party at any level wanted. However a specifically timed complaint was made to cause the biggest impact and it's not come from a centrist it seems. Far from the party wanting him out.
I have. I am however cynical about the timing of the complaint.

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014

You can't be serious? This is the most naive thing I've ever read. And I've read the Trump thread.

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
The timing was intended to cause maximum damage to the party and lrm in particular. It's not of the party's making
The first part is absolutely unquestionable. The second part dramatically isn't - the timing is too perfect for one of Starmer's mates to replace a potential thorn in his side. It's pretty clear that this allegation has been held until an election was called to guarantee this outcome. If the election hadn't been called, this allegation would have stayed in the pocket. There's no chance the timing is a coincidence.

Reactions: :J)

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
The first part is absolutely unquestionable. The second part dramatically isn't - the timing is too perfect for one of Starmer's mates to replace a potential thorn in his side. It's pretty clear that this allegation has been held until an election was called to guarantee this outcome. If the election hadn't been called, this allegation would have stayed in the pocket. There's no chance the timing is a coincidence.
The allegation was received late last week. After the election was called. That's it. Nothing else.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
According to politics home, the complaint about LRM actually came from the left of the party (to be entirely accurate, a left wing/momentum labour member who was kicked out for antisemitism) decided to make an accusation about something that happened in 2016.

So if it was a centrist purge, it seems very strange to get someone to the left of magic grandpa to make the complaint!

The problem seems not to be that he was on the left but that he wasn't left enough

Well that would make sense and tie in completely with LRM's public statement wishing Starmer and the rest of the party all the best in the election.

Might make a few posters on this thread look rather foolish though :laugh:

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
The allegation was received late last week. After the election was called. That's it. Nothing else.
... and if the election hadn't been called last week, it wouldn't have been. It would have been held until the election was called.

I can't believe anyone would be so naive to think this isn't a deliberate action taken to unseat a sitting MP in favour of someone more in vogue to the Leadership. This is the type of thing we've seen from the Tory government for over a decade, it's a really bad sign we're seeing it from Labour in anticipation of winning. And I say that as an active Labour member. I am in Peter Kyle's constituency so will, of course, be voting Labour again and I want them to win the General Election. But what they've done to Lloyd Russell-Moyle is blatantly dirty.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
... and if the election hadn't been called last week, it wouldn't have been. It would have been held until the election was called.

I can't believe anyone would be so naive to think this isn't a deliberate action taken to unseat a sitting MP in favour of someone more in vogue to the Leadership. This is the type of thing we've seen from the Tory government for over a decade, it's a really bad sign we're seeing it from Labour in anticipation of winning. And I say that as an active Labour member. I am in Peter Kyle's constituency so will, of course, be voting Labour again and I want them to win the General Election. But what they've done to Lloyd Russell-Moyle is blatantly dirty.
If you have proof of this allegation then best you give it.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Jesus wept.
I assume you don't then.

Fair enough

What's so difficult. You are accusing the party of holding on to a complaint (or that they would). Given the complaint came from someone on the left and came in as the election was called, any cynicism should be aimed at the complainant not the recipient

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
I assume you don't then.

Fair enough

What's so difficult. You are accusing the party of holding on to a complaint (or that they would). Given the complaint came from someone on the left and came in as the election was called, any cynicism should be aimed at the complainant not the recipient
I don't think the party are doing anything, the party is bigger than the individuals who have engineered this situation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here