Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Lloyd Russell-Moyle

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The problem is that no party can ignore serious allegations, nor can they make them public. They may not be able to tell the relevant person the nature of the complaint in case it jeopardizes the safety of the person making the complaint. Especially if it would be a police matter.

Had labour sat on this, even if the MP were later found to be innocent, they could rightly be accused of attempting to brush allegations under the carpet.

Bloody annoying, of course, but it is what it is.
Utter rot.

It's factional McCarthyism ridding the party of anyone vaguely on the left. "A police matter" - after the "incident" happened 8 years ago. Most convenient just weeks before an election. And if it's an accusation of anti-semitism/racism then why are MPs and councillors on the right of the party still in place:

The purge is simply to make way for Starmer's mates:

No need for Starmer's Labour to brush any of these obvious inconsistencies under the carpet though, as they will be largely ignored by the media.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I just looked at LRM's statement on Twitter and it was interesting to see prominent Green politicians' (including Elaine Hills, the candidate in Kemptown) supportive messages. She said:
'I’m so sorry @lloyd_rm - I hope you’re ok. This is really shabby, just before an election. I hope members of the local party are supporting you.'

Still a place for human empathy in politics.

I wonder if it's too late for him to stand as an Independent?

Do you know many key Labour people in the Kemp Town? I knew lots who were/are connected to Turner, then Platts. Lifelong supporters and hard working volunteers. They can’t stand LRM.

There is no progressive alliance, even within the local LP.

Last edited:

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Do you know many key Labour people in the Kemp Town. I knew lots who were/are connected to Turner, then Platts. Lifelong supporters and hard working volunteers. They can’t stand LRM.

There is no progressive alliance, even within the local LP.
No, I only know 1 who would fit that description. They have spoken highly of Nancy Platts and after failing to unseat Saint Caroline, getting the Kemptown nomination might be seen as just reward.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Was it Michael Hesseltine, now regarded as a sensible old school moderate Tory, who grabbed the Mace during a Parliamentary session?
surely Dennis Skinner must have done this as well?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Quite interesting what Lloyd Russell-Moyle has to say about it

lrm.jpg

"I wish Keir Starmer, Angela Rayner, and the Labour team the best of luck and hope to be celebrating Labour wins across Sussex and beyond on election night"

But there's obviously very angry posters on here who know far better than the man himself :facepalm:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
i guess one good thing to come from this is that working class Labour supporters like myself are always naturally suspicious of MPs with double-barreled surnames.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
There seems top be a lot of people on this thread that have an intricate inside knowledge of a) the complaint, b) the complainant and c) the motivations of the complaint. Remarkable, given that nothing has been into the public domain.
and d) learned a new word ‘vexatious’, which I aim to use on Mrs Bold this evening.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
To be fair, they have purged the centre/left of their party. And the centre, the centre/rights and the rights. And now you're asking them to get rid of what's left :shrug:
Good point. Maybe they could just rebrand. "Reform" has a nice ring to it. After this election though, please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here