Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Liz Truss **RESIGNS 20/10/2022**

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
James O’Brien claimed LBC that one of her senior Communications staff at Number 10 was previously head of the Prince Andrew PR team at the time of the Newsnight debacle.

You couldn’t make it up…….

I wonder what is worse, letting a single Paedo get away with it through a bit of incompetence or making thousands (or 10s of thousands or more) homeless because of a bit of incompetence ?

Knowing how you love a debate, I'll let you start the thread :wink:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Okay I'll stick my head above the parapet! Something had to be done differently. We are going down a very slippery path where it is clear that the standard ways of dealing with things is not working, for anyone - most countries are suffering in exactly the same way we are. The perceived wisdom of the tried and tested solutions are not working, because funnily enough we haven't had a situation like this before. Global Pandemic, followed by war in Europe, together with fuel crisis. Three massive events all coming at the same time. Who is to say that the old economic thinking still works? I admire the fact they are trying something different and believe she needs time for this to play out. It may be a fail, but given the hand she was dealt, at least she is trying to find a new path, rather than just the same old tired economic plans. The institutions don't like it because it's different. That doesn't mean to say it's wrong. We won't know that for some time.

And it is no surprise to me she is floundering in these interviews. She has an awful lot to deal with at the moment. Would be very difficult for any one person to have all the answers right now. Look at Biden for goodness sakes, all over the place.

Taking a sh*t out of the window at 10 Downing on to the street below would be different.

However they aren't different policies, they've have been tried before and failed. Encouraged by the same bat shit mental economists who thought Thatcher was too left wing.

It's irrelevant anyway, come the next election they are out in the wilderness.

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
Johnson got Furlough right, Spawned some Covid decisions correctly and we have to acknowledge the vaccine rollout and purchasing thereof given we didn't go into the EU scheme even though we could have done (Which Kier was all for). He was also greenish.

Truss has actively made things worse. We'd be better off under the Johnson government that literally did nothing for months. She is currently the worst we've ever had and nothing i've seen suggests that will improve. She'd set the poor on fire if it encouraged "Growth"

I'll add the word 'yet'. She's not the worst yet.

Johnson set the tone and example for millions. Implying that it's ok to lie and cheat, to favour your mates, to defend the indefensible, to not do your job but still take the rewards, to be absent, to hide in fridges, to not accept and corrrect your mistakes or atone for them, to support home secretaries with inhumane actions. You could go on....

Whilst implying that he was somehow superior by dint of birth.

That behaviour has ruined the country and it will take years for the populous to regain trust in politicians.

But give Truss time. She may yet climb to a higher pinnacle of worseness.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I wonder what is worse, letting a single Paedo get away with it through a bit of incompetence or making thousands (or 10s of thousands or more) homeless because of a bit of incompetence ?

Knowing how you love a debate, I'll let you start the thread :wink:

No Watford, Mrs H is away and I’ve got a box set of The Comedians to watch 😂

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

These Harry Hill “Fight” sequences get darker and darker…

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
James O’Brien claimed LBC that one of her senior Communications staff at Number 10 was previously head of the Prince Andrew PR team at the time of the Newsnight debacle.

You couldn’t make it up…….

I believe this is a reference to Jason Stein? He resigned from Prince Andrew's PR team before Newsnight, because he opposed it.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Imagine spending months up and down the country on a selection process whilst the country burns around you and that incompetent and incoherent mess is the best you can come up with.

The Conservatives are finished

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I think you’ll find that it was despite Johnson rather than because of Johnson.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That maybe so. Despite, however, doing absolutely nothing for 3 months he was better for Britain than Dizzy Lizzy. That's an epic level of being shit at something. Don't look at Betfair, he's 2nd favourite to be next Tory leader.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Before agreeing check out Truss and Kwarteng’s link with Patrick Minford.

Are you suggesting that the way it is panning out is exactly how Truss planned it? Because she is a disciple of Minford?

I have looked him up. Nothing prominent about using low income tax to incentivize the 'wealth creators', in his wikipedia.

Links to Reform.....ah yes, Truss is part of that.....still nothing obvious about using low tax for the wealthy as the primary wealth creating tool. Reads like blather. Hidden agenda? Well hidden...

I still agree with [MENTION=28490]Machiavelli[/MENTION] that this was a back of the envelope job with unintended consequences.

If we are all prosperous in a year then, of course, I shall recant. :wink:

Apologies if there is an elephant in the room that I have walked under.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Imagine spending months up and down the country on a selection process whilst the country burns around you and that incompetent and incoherent mess is the best you can come up with.

For another cycle, such is the reality of party politics. Labour will come in 1997 style with a new bright future style campaign, have their terms, then people will want the Tories back. How do you think we got a Tory government again in the first place?

Right now, we need the Tories out ASAP, what they’re doing and have done to the country is absolutely disgusting.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
#don'tsacklizz

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    649.2 KB · Views: 180

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
For another cycle, such is the reality of party politics. Labour will come in 1997 style with a new bright future style campaign, have their terms, then people will want the Tories back. How do you think we got a Tory government again in the first place?

Right now, we need the Tories out ASAP, what they’re doing and have done to the country is absolutely disgusting.

they will do it again if you let them, they have been doing the same trick for 200 years

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

The blue rinse brigade in constituencies a couple of months ago decided that Truss would the pm, Sunak didn’t stand a chance. Seeking reflected glory (backing a cert) and possibly ministerial jobs, one by one MP’s and zzzzzzz ‘Grandees’ such as Duncan-C@nt backed her.

Why?
1. More right wing, talking the talk of enterprise, growth, fantasy economics at this particular time.
2. She simply wasn’t the perceived unexciting numbers man Sunak, who annoyed the blue rinsers because he was honest on tax and public debt.

This is the build up to 1997 all over again.

The world will shortly be entering the mother of all recessions according to many economists. They expect the debt propelled bubble of house values across many countries to be pierced, as well as debts issues for those who’ve leased premium cars beyond their means, heady times built on tick. Truss is one of the possible leaders to be at the helm for this.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
That maybe so. Despite, however, doing absolutely nothing for 3 months he was better for Britain than Dizzy Lizzy. That's an epic level of being shit at something. Don't look at Betfair, he's 2nd favourite to be next Tory leader.

Johnson was criminally incompetent and so the bar was set extremely low. The fact that she can’t get close is frightening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here