Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Liz Truss **RESIGNS 20/10/2022**

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Coffey blamed the Bank of England for interest rate rises.

[tweet]1577617401478258688[/tweet]

The Anti Growth Coalition is the enemy apparently, but not one MP tweeting about it, can name who is in the AGC.

Been thinking, surely these Arch Brexiters in the Tory party must be part of the anti-growth coalition?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Coffey blamed the Bank of England for interest rate rises.

[tweet]1577617401478258688[/tweet]

The Anti Growth Coalition is the enemy apparently, but not one MP tweeting about it, can name who is in the AGC.

A very cross Mike Pickering (founder of M-People) speculated that the Government might believe that he is part of the AGC following his criticism of their decision to use one of his tracks. He did not confirm whether he is actually a member.

The politics of hate and division always needs a target. As the Tories try and redistribute as much wealth from the poor to the rich in their last two years in office, it seems that the new enemy of the people is going to be the AGC. I fully expect rags like the Mail, Sun and Express to be outing ‘members’ of this sinister organisation and shaming them in public.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
All this tosh has brought to my mind the title track from one of the greatest albums ever made. With apologies to Ray Davies:

We are the village green anti-fracking society,
The government we didn''t elect has caused untold anxiety,
We are Lizzy Truss's Anti Growth Coalition,
We're all in deeper debt cause her brains don't match her ambition,
We are the mort-gaged up to our eyeballs consortium,
Food, heat, electric light: Remember when we afforded them?
We are run by fools with a Reaganomics anthology,
God save us please from trickle down ideology,
We're down on our knees, dying as a community,
But we'll be rid of you, just give us the opportunity.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
There can't be that many people that wouldn't want the economy to grow and yet our feeble-minded PM is allowing them to dictate the political agenda (if the AGC actually existed, which of course it doesn't, she has just dreamt it up to cover for her inadequacies).

The problem with the growth thingy is that the Tory party chairman was asked numerous times by Andrew Neill at weekend "when will we start to see growth".

He didn't have an answer. He didn't have a clue.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
You really have to wonder whether, as well as not clearing the rights, the SPAD who arranged the entrance song was actually trolling Truss.

Selected excerpts from the lyrics:

"You've done me wrong, your time is up
You took a sip from the devil's cup"

"Move right out of here, baby, go on pack your bags
Just who do you think you are?
Stop actin' like some kind of star"

"Cause I'm movin' on up, you're movin' on out"

"There ain't nothin' you can do
'Cause I've had enough of me, baby, bein' part of you"
Just who do you think you are?
This time you've gone too far"

If they were going to purloin an M People song, they would have been far better off going for the original 1990 mix of 'How Can I Love You More'. The lyrics wouldn't have been an issue and its also a joyous dancefloor anthem, by far and away the best thing they ever did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhKUMZY8yf0

[MENTION=34747]Ooh it’s a corner[/MENTION] I may want to change mine: http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/showthread.php?396617-Give-Me-A-Song-That/page16

I'm no fan of Truss, but I can kind of see why she went with that song because the "I'm moving on up" is clearly her and the "You're moving on out", could be 'Boris', anyone who doesn't like her, or – let's face it – any of the poor buggers who have their homes reposessed because they can't afford the new crippling mortgage rates.

So if Liz Truss is Heather Small, it does make sense, but it's a dodgy choice, which can –*as we've all seen – leave her wide open to criticism and probably plenty of people will be singing/quoting it back at her at some point in the coming weeks/months when she gets turfed out of No. 10.

With regards the permission thing, did she need to get it, or are they free to use it whatever? Clearly it would be common courtesy to ask the artist beforehand even if they ARE allowed to, but that not what this mob are all about, is is. They literally DGIF.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
With regards the permission thing, did she need to get it, or are they free to use it whatever? Clearly it would be common courtesy to ask the artist beforehand even if they ARE allowed to, but that not what this mob are all about, is is. They literally DGIF.

like playing M-People in a pub or at start of Stairs Manufacturers Annual Conference, venue need a public performance licence, otherwise no permissions needed. everyone involved knows that, but want to make a fuss.

though the fuss highlights how content free the speech was.

Last edited:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
like playing M-People in a pub or at start of Stairs Manufacturers Annual Conference, venue need a public performance licence, otherwise no permissions needed. everyone involved knows that, but want to make a fuss.

Hmm. Wouldn't a "cease and desist" letter work if served for infringement of copyright?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hmm. Wouldn't a "cease and desist" letter work if served for infringement of copyright?

It would, and the centre at Birmingham couldn't have used it. Listen to Mike himself.

[tweet]1577628501364146176[/tweet]

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Yep, I just read that and the fella said his legal department said they couldn't stop them using it. Bit silly because Labour had also used it apparently?

Maybe it was all part of the plan to have something that distracted people away from the content (or lack of) in the speech? But, on second thoughts, I'm not sure they are that clever.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yep, I just read that and the fella said his legal department said they couldn't stop them using it. Bit silly because Labour had also used it apparently?

Maybe it was all part of the plan to have something that distracted people away from the content (or lack of) in the speech? But, on second thoughts, I'm not sure they are that clever.

See my post above where Mike is on the phone, and he was happy for Labour to use it.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
See my post above where Mike is on the phone, and he was happy for Labour to use it.

Posted at the same time as yours!

Yeah, I read the BBC report, which gave an abridged version of the interview, by the sounds of it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

doubt there was any thought beyond someone liking it and the positive notion of the chorus. as noted elsewhere, the rest of the lyrics make for a poor choice.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Drama in the audience...
e06607c4fe4e4afcea2eb4dce7b5af7b.jpg

You'll notice they have lanyards on, so they are Tory party members. What they were saying is the 2019 manifesto was against fracking, but Liz has gone against that.

[tweet]1577635263383216128[/tweet]

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
The bad news Truss is the worst PM ever and this country will suffer for 2 years

Great news the tories will never recover from this and we never will have to put up with those see you next Tuesdays in power again this will be for the tories the same as the liberals after WW1

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
You'll notice they have lanyards on, so they are Tory party members. What they were saying is the 2019 manifesto was against fracking, but Liz has gone against that.

[tweet]1577635263383216128[/tweet]

It’s very interesting seeing how these two women are dealt with. Initially, male Tory hands everywhere trying to rip the banner from their hands. Next, the security guard seems to take a grab at one of the women’s chest.

cc12876c90ff75e4ba8f51cae95f4000.jpg

Finally, they have their lanyards ripped off their necks by yet another male as the Tories all boo them (pantomime style) then Liz Truss triumphantly outs them as members of this sinister new Anti-Growth-Coalition organisation that exists exclusively in her head.

a2dd114b838b30c48310541ee2a01078.png

The amount of male hands all over those two petit women tells a story itself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here