Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Liz Truss defending S.W. Norfolk seat July 4th.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
That graphic doesn't make sense. It suggests she will lose by more without tactical voting.
Labour win either way but with a slimmer majority after tactical voting.

So - Yes it does make sense because of Reform and Green Party voters ( see my point above re green Tories) voting tactically to keep Labour out so the majority for Labour decreases. At least that how I read the polling sample results.

Last edited:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
This is fcuking brilliant.

Stephen Colbert Good Luck GIF

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Stuffing envelopes with Labour Candidate, Terry Jermy at campaign HQ - (all Truss has to do is press a button and all hers are franked and mailed automatically, we need to stuff 5,000 envelopes then deliver them all by hand) 🙄 I feel more positive about Labour’s chances of unseating Truss though.. One of the County Councillors I was working alongside with tonight, knows the Constituency well and told me in all her travels in recent months, she didn’t find one constituent who liked Truss.

IMG_1948.jpeg

Last edited:

medwayseagull reborn

Oct 12, 2022
Labour win either way but with a slimmer majority after tactical voting.

So - Yes it does make sense because of Reform and Green Party voters ( see my point above re green Tories) voting tactically to keep Labour out so the majority for Labour decreases. At least that how I read the polling sample results.
My point was that all the organisations calling for mass tactical voting ( et al Carol Vordeman) are doing it in the belief that it is purely an anti Tory measure when this demonstrates that is not necessarily true.
PS congrats on your campaign. I have been there many times before.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Steve Bannon, with whom Truss was consorting in the USA recently, is going to prison,
The judge, approved by Trump, insisted he had do jail time.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Steve Bannon, with whom Truss was consorting in the USA recently, is going to prison,
The judge, approved by Trump, insisted he had do jail time.
Surprised this hasn't had more news coverage

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So am I.

In fact, I wonder if this had an impact on Farage going to the States, to help Trump. He is a ‘person of interest’ to the FBI,
Yep, was thinking the same. That coupled with the fact he can see the Tories are going to be a tangled wreckage and there may be opportunities should he win Clacton.

He ain't stupid

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
My point was that all the organisations calling for mass tactical voting ( et al Carol Vordeman) are doing it in the belief that it is purely an anti Tory measure when this demonstrates that is not necessarily true.
PS congrats on your campaign. I have been there many times before.
Yes exactly. (And thanks).

I don’t know the Independent ex-Tory running but I was told very few others do either so he’s not likely to figure. It will be a swing from Green to Tory and from Reform to Tory if any tactical voting takes place.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
That's you sitting in front of him isn't it?
Cheeky 😝 I think that’s his Gran actually, I didn’t have a chance to speak to her - it was very small team here last night - and we were flat out - just a few friends, colleagues and family mostly.

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
Stuffing envelopes with Labour Candidate, Terry Jermy at campaign HQ - (all Truss has to do is press a button and all hers are franked and mailed automatically, we need to stuff 5,000 envelopes then deliver them all by hand) 🙄 I feel more positive about Labour’s chances of unseating Truss though.. One of the County Councillors I was working alongside with tonight, knows the Constituency well and told me in all her travels in recent months, she didn’t find one constituent who liked Truss.

View attachment 183581

View attachment 183582
Your attempts to blur the faces are absolutely shocking!

Thank you for doing the work though - good on all of you working to defeat that absolute plank.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Your attempts to blur the faces are absolutely shocking!

Thank you for doing the work though - good on all of you working to defeat that absolute plank.
I didn’t realise it was so bad - did it late last night on my mobile - my eyesight’s getting really ropey at the moment.

Thanks - have removed it for now.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Cheeky 😝 I think that’s his Gran actually, I didn’t have a chance to speak to her - it was very small team here last night - and we were flat out - just a few friends, colleagues and family mostly.
Good on you Zeberdi and fingers crossed the loony loses

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Yes exactly. (And thanks).

I don’t know the Independent ex-Tory running but I was told very few others do either so he’s not likely to figure. It will be a swing from Green to Tory and from Reform to Tory if any tactical voting takes place.
The ex tory was apparently a senior member of the local CCP who had little time for Truss right from the outset in 2010 when she was parachuted in to the uber safe seat. Prior to that GE was when her affair with Mark Field became public. Something she omitted to mention at the selection interview. There were moves to deselect her which were only thwarted when Cameron intervened.

If the independent can steal a random couple of 1000 or more from Truss that could be critical in dumping her if current polling in that seat is to be believed. Despite SW Norfolk being prime turnip taliban territory, there should be a fair few saner tories who are concerned she's lost her marbles and flipped over to the dark side.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Most polls still showing it’s too early to call between Labour and Liz Truss - Farage’s Reform and Heritage Party I would argue are filling a voting niche here that has never gone away since UKIP. However, that is very decidedly splitting the vote in some interesting ways (moderate Cons maybe swinging to Lib Dem or the lesser known ex-Tory Independent and harder right wing Cons swinging to Reform and Heritage. The common underlying factor here is the antipathy towards Truss from all sides. Speaking with the Labour Candidate today when he dropped round some stuff for me to work on, he hasn’t spoken to one 2019 Conservative voter who will be voting for Truss.

Looking down the road there is a risk that Reform, if it is not a one election wonder, will start making inroads into local elections after the GE is over. The people of SW Norfolk may have a deep antipathy towards their current MP but it’s not necessarily because of her right wing views or even an abysmal 50 days in No 10, it’s because she’s been a largely absent Constituency MP and is out of touch with the Constituency she purports to represent:

Having said that, there are signs that for even SW Norfolk Conservative die hards, Truss crossed the rubicon with her endorsement of Trump and promotion of her hard right agenda and delusional rants in 10 Years to Save the West 😉:

IMG_1165.jpeg

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Most polls still showing it’s too early to call between Labour and Liz Truss - Farage’s Reform and Heritage Party I would argue are filling a voting niche here that has never gone away since UKIP. However, that is very decidedly splitting the vote in some interesting ways (moderate Cons maybe swinging to Lib Dem or the lesser known ex-Tory Independent and harder right wing Cons swinging to Reform and Heritage. The common underlying factor here is the antipathy towards Truss from all sides. Speaking with the Labour Candidate today when he dropped round some stuff for me to work on, he hasn’t spoken to one 2019 Conservative voter who will be voting for Truss.

Looking down the road there is a risk that Reform, if it is not a one election wonder, will start making inroads into local elections after the GE is over. The people of SW Norfolk may have a deep antipathy towards their current MP but it’s not necessarily because of her right wing views or even an abysmal 50 days in No 10, it’s because she’s been a largely absent Constituency MP and is out of touch with the Constituency she purports to represent:

Having said that, there are signs that for even SW Norfolk Conservative die hards, Truss crossed the rubicon with her endorsement of Trump and promotion of her hard right agenda and delusional rants in 10 Years to Save the West 😉:

View attachment 184460
There is usually a ready-made ditch alongside fields of that nature......

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
There is usually a ready-made ditch alongside fields of that nature......
Probably - Tbh I’m just posting updates on her campaign/how Labour are faring from a local perspective as I thought it might be of some interest to the more “politically minded NSCers” but if her campaign here is of no interest to anyone outside her Constituency then I’ll stop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here