Status
Not open for further replies.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
London Irish said:
Not really sure, but it's not really clear how many of those clubs will be in the Prem, say, in two years' time.

You're moving the goalposts somewhat there fella. A few minutes ago you were talking about soul selling to get to the Prem, now you're talking about staying there.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yorkie said:
I think we'll have to wait until the end of th e programme to get the full gist of what she did actually say.

I think we'll find it was actually "I fancy that Bozza chap from NSC". And who can blame her?

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I don't think Charlton have sold their soul much. Of course, they're in the shit now, but they've had a decent run, haven't they?

I don't think any club, possibly barring the big four, can expect to be in the top flight for ever and ever.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bozza said:
I think we'll find it was actually "I fancy that Bozza chap from NSC". And who can blame her?

:lolol: :lolol:
You'll be able to see her on Tuesday as well.

Bozza said:
You're moving the goalposts somewhat there fella. A few minutes ago you were talking about soul selling to get to the Prem, now you're talking about staying there.

Not at all, you don't reach the Prem just to make up the numbers, you get there to stay there.

What I said is that there is a legitimate fear worth debating that clubs sacrifice their "community" feel in doing so, I'm not particularly wedded to either side of the debate on that matter but what I hate to hear is Brighton fans picked on in a stupid fashion for presenting one side of that legitimate debate. All Liz Costa is doing is putting her side.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yorkie said:
:lolol: :lolol:
You'll be able to see her on Tuesday as well.

Doubtful - Suzie is away which means I'm with Mads for the night. There's no way she'd make it until the end of the game or, if she did, she wouldn't be up until late the next morning and I need to get her to creche so I can get to work.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bozza said:
Doubtful - Suzie is away which means I'm with Mads for the night. There's no way she'd make it until the end of the game or, if she did, she wouldn't be up until late the next morning and I need to get her to creche so I can get to work.

That's a shame. I was looking forward to my drink.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
London Irish said:
Not at all, you don't reach the Prem just to make up the numbers, you get there to stay there.

As I say - you've moved the goalposts. I don't believe any interpretation of "get to the Prem" means a minimum stay of any length. Nomatter though - you're avoiding my question like the proverbial plague and as it was only a point of minor interest, we'll leave it there.

London Irish said:
What I said is that there is a legitimate fear worth debating that clubs sacrifice their "community" feel in doing so, I'm not particularly wedded to either side of the debate on that matter but what I hate to hear is Brighton fans picked on in a stupid fashion for presenting one side of that legitimate debate. All Liz Costa is doing is putting her side.

It seems you could be wrong again, if Liz has genuinely miquoted by Dave the Mischief-maker. I certainly fear that I won't ever see the Albion run out for a league game at Old Trafford.

Bozza said:
It seems you could be wrong again, if Liz has genuinely miquoted by Dave the Mischief-maker. I certainly fear that I won't ever see the Albion run out for a league game at Old Trafford.
Remarkable that you make such claims without even seeing the article yourself, is there much of a difference between your and Dave's methods?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yorkie said:
It was similar to what DTG said but he is inferring that she doesn't care and that building Falmer is a waste of time if we don't get to the top flight.
I've been supporting the Albion for 45 years and we've only been in the top flight for 4 of them but it doesn't stop me going to matches.

hang on no i bloody well didnt.

i said if she doesnt want premiership football, then why waste 50 million on a stadium that we dont need if a senior memebr of the supporters club isa happy for second and third division football which we dont need 25,000 for

dont try to twist my words

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
London Irish said:
Remarkable that you make such claims without even seeing the article yourself, is there much of a difference between your and Dave's methods?

Remarkable that I highlight the obvious difference between the following statements...

"I don't want the Albion to play in the Premiership"

and

"I fear I'll never see the Albion play in the Premiership in my lifetime"

If you say so. You are a funny one.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Bozza said:
[

It seems you could be wrong again, if Liz has genuinely miquoted by Dave the Mischief-maker. I certainly fear that I won't ever see the Albion run out for a league game at Old Trafford. [/B]

To be fair to Dave I do not think he has got wrong what Liz said. Certainly Harty was taken aback by her comments. She also was less than positive about us getting Falmer because it was Ruth Kelly and said something along the lines of who knows what she will come up with.

It was a fascinating little interview. In no way am I being critical of Liz . She is a superb supporter of the Albion and not the only one who would rather see us doing well in the lower leagues than struggle in the higher. I hasten to add I'm not one of them.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Dave the Gaffer said:
hang on no i bloody well didnt.

i said if she doesnt want premiership football, then why waste 50 million on a stadium that we dont need if a senior memebr of the supporters club isa happy for second and third division football which we dont need 25,000 for

dont try to twist my words

I don't see the difference Dave. We have to 'waste' 50 million on a stadium or go out of business.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
DAVE THE MISCHIEF MAKER?

what the f*** is that supposed to mean?

Bozza said:
Remarkable that I highlight the obvious difference between the following statements...

and

If you say so. You are a funny one.

No, it's remarkable that you make sweeping judgments - and now personal remarks - on the basis of any article you haven't read and don't know the content of. But I guess as you've already attacked Liz Costa earlier in the thread just purely on the basis of what Dave said, you have to brazen it out.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yorkie said:
I don't see the difference Dave. We have to 'waste' 50 million on a stadium or go out of business.

Oh FFS

Look...I want to see Brighton and Hove albion playing the best football in the best stadium they can in the best division.

the best division in england is the premiership.

To get there you need A) a fabulous stadium and B money for decent players, C. owners with a reasonable amount of money

At the moment, we have none of those.

Falmer has been sold to us fans as the be and end all of our club, in that, get the ground , attract better players, attract INVESTMENT, ie better money men. Get the oppertunity to get to the Premiership.

Dont try to give me that...Oh Dave doesnt support the club, or mischief making crap becaus its f***ing bollocks.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Dave the Gaffer said:
DAVE THE MISCHIEF MAKER?

what the f*** is that supposed to mean?

Don't you understand what those words mean? They're not that difficult are they?

Calm down.

I was merely speculating that if someone reported:

as:

then it would be a teeny weeny bit mischievious.

However, if someone reported:

as:

then fair enough.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here