Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

liz costa comments on the radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Good point Bozza, but I always remember my Dad saying he would rather have the Albion playing near the top of a lower league than struggling in a higher one. That was his genuine view.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It would be interesting to hear from Reading fans who have experienced lower league football and the glamour of the Premiership within such a short timeframe.

Personally I think it would be fantastic to be in the Premiership for many reasons...

Visiting the best stadia in the country.
Seeing world class players week in, week out every week.
Getting home on a Saturday night to see the highlights on Match of the Day with Lineker et al, dissecting our performance.
Continual exposure in the national press.

etc etc

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bozza said:
It would be interesting to hear from Reading fans who have experienced lower league football and the glamour of the Premiership within such a short timeframe.

Personally I think it would be fantastic to be in the Premiership for many reasons...

Getting home on a Saturday night to see the highlights on Match of the Day with Lineker et al, dissecting our performance.

etc etc

Maybe Watford fans would give a more realistic view. Not many teams achieve Reading's success. Wigan, maybe.

Bozza said:

etc etc

And staying dry:jester:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Nemesis said:
We know that Yorkie but we are dealing with the slimiest of the slimy in LDC and their supporters and they will likely use a stupid comment from Liz Costa in any future campaigning against us.

I would.

Still think that she should have kept her throwaway comment to herself.

They cannot use it. As I said before they can only use planning law not league position.
They can use low gates at Withdean against us and that's down to all fans.

Nemesis said:

I just want her to think about what she says at this important time for the club.

Eh? I don't agree with everything she said, particularly the bit about having a foreign chairman, but her views are probably shared by lots of Brighton fans.

There is a legitimate fear that every club does have to trade its soul to get to the Prem these days.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Being in the Premiership would be quite shit for us, a televised and even more embarrasing because of it, repeat of last season, but as long as we didn't spend much and pocketed the millions to have another pop after relegation it's feasible we could do a Bolton or Charlton both of whom bobbed between the Premiership and the 2nd tier, gradually improving team and ground and eventually managing to be competetive below the top 6 ot 7 clubs.

10 year minimum to establish ourselves once we were in a position to even challenge for promotion to the top tier imo.

Any fan who doesn't want Premiership football is fine with me, it won't be fun but I personally would rather be the whipping boys than the never made it to the top again boys.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Safeway said:
I'm sure most Watford fans would still rather watch their team take on the likes of Manchester United and Chelsea than Colchester and Barnsley.

It depends how much they hiked up the prices.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
London Irish said:
Eh? I don't agree with everything she said, particularly the bit about having a foreign chairman, but her views are probably shared by lots of Brighton fans.

There is a legitimate fear that every club does have to trade its soul to get to the Prem these days.

Which of Sheff Utd, Reading, Wigan and Watford would you say that applies to?

Safeway said:
I'm sure most Watford fans would still rather watch their team take on the likes of Manchester United and Chelsea than Colchester and Barnsley.

It depends. I thought most Brighton fans would be a lot happier seeing us take on Leeds and West Ham rather than Northwich Victoria and Stafford Rangers. But that didn't seem to be the case looking back on our last two years.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Now I've just heard a different quote..

'Liz doesn't expect Brighton to be in the Premiership in her lifetime.'

Is that what was originally said?

London Irish said:

So we settle for second best then?

What's the point of a new stadium if it's only ever going to have 12,000 in it?

THAT'S my point in wanting her to keep HER lack of ambition to herself.

Bozza said:
Which of Sheff Utd, Reading, Wigan and Watford would you say that applies to?

Not really sure, but it's not really clear how many of those clubs will be in the Prem, say, in two years' time.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Nemesis said:
If that's what she said, fair enough.

I think we'll have to wait until the end of th e programme to get the full gist of what she did actually say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here