Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Living in Liverpool

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
My mum is a proper scouser, Born and bred in Scotty Road, Toxteth during the 1950's and 60's. From the times I have been up there seeing her and family I cannot say how nice the locals are, however how much I HATE the area and would never like to live in the area.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
My mum is a proper scouser, Born and bred in Scotty Road, Toxteth during the 1950's and 60's. From the times I have been up there seeing her and family I cannot say how nice the locals are, however how much I HATE the area and would never like to live in the area.
Mate, scotty road is nowhere near toxteth.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
bollox. scotty road,or the road from the Docks to scotland,that is what Scotty road has meant since the 1800's, borders Toxteth,the Brunswick dock runs south of and parallel with Toxteth.
Scotty road or Scotland rd , which is what everybody in Livepool takes to mean Scotty road, is a totally distinct area of Liverpool , i.e its nowhere near Toxteth,its like someone from Liverpool telling a Brightonian that their mum was born and brought up in wilson avenue, moulsecoomb.

Football_Friends

Aug 18, 2010
Oooop North.....Manchester
The company I work for is based in Liverpool and i think there are 2 sorts of scousers. Half are stereotypical lazy scouse knobs, and half are quality. Brilliant laugh to work with! In fact give me a scouser over a manc too! Ha

The birds there are unreal too!!!!!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I much prefer Manc. There does not seem to be much going on in 'pool which would interest me. I guess it's what you're into though.

This, having lived in rusholme in the late 80s early 90s it was the bees knees.

everytime we went to Liverpool for a gig scousers would wanna fight. There was a good club called the pink parrot, and a great record shop called the probe !!!

The people annoy me, having also worked in Kirkby, were they would steal anything and everything.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The people annoy me, having also worked in Kirkby, were they would steal anything and everything.

Mmm, I had an opposite experience; everyone was trying to sell me things. One random came up to me in the street and tried to sell me CDs of 'Ibiza and Aya Napa stuff.'. When I sat in a pub I got offered razor blades, toothbrushes and toothpaste and a mate popped off to Burger King and a bloke tried to sell him a pair of jeans.

But I agree Manc has had a lot more going for it now and in recent years. In fact what is going on in Liverpool these days?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Fantastic place - a friend of mine was standing at a bus stop and some bloke started chatting to her. As part of the conversation she said that she was moving house and was having trouble finding a cheap removal firm. he said that he had a van, give him a call when she knew when she was moving and he'd do it. She thought he was joking but when she couldn't find a cheap firm she called him on the off-chance. he and his brother moved the stuf for them and when she asked how much he said "Don't worry about it, it's a favour. We're used to looking after each other up here". His generosity didn't extend to a rather large woman walking past at one point wearing a Liverpool shirt. He shouted "Oi love, is that Jan Molby's shirt!"

They are top, top people. Really friendly. With regards to the recent years, Liverpool has been regenerated out of recognition partly veacause of 2008 City of Culture status. It has taken some of the life out of the city centre but there's still an atmosphere if you go to the right places. i agree Manchester has more nightlife and it always has had. But for me Liverpool will always be a unique and vibrant place.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I used to go out with a girl who disliked the north because 'everyone was fat and poor.'

Whilst I do not agree with this sentiment, it did make me chuckle.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fantastic place - a friend of mine was standing at a bus stop and some bloke started chatting to her. As part of the conversation she said that she was moving house and was having trouble finding a cheap removal firm. he said that he had a van, give him a call when she knew when she was moving and he'd do it. She thought he was joking but when she couldn't find a cheap firm she called him on the off-chance. he and his brother moved the stuf for them and when she asked how much he said "Don't worry about it, it's a favour. We're used to looking after each other up here". His generosity didn't extend to a rather large woman walking past at one point wearing a Liverpool shirt. He shouted "Oi love, is that Jan Molby's shirt!"

They are top, top people. Really friendly. With regards to the recent years, Liverpool has been regenerated out of recognition partly veacause of 2008 City of Culture status. It has taken some of the life out of the city centre but there's still an atmosphere if you go to the right places. i agree Manchester has more nightlife and it always has had. But for me Liverpool will always be a unique and vibrant place.

Did your friend still have their wallet after this exchange?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
(PS my wife is a scouser)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Mate, scotty road is nowhere near toxteth.

Totally correct - it's miles away. Scotty Road is in Vauxhall.

toxteth - Google Maps

My scouse mates tell me that true scousers never say Toxteth - it's always Liverpool 8 to natives.

Have to agree that Liverpool is a great place - been there many times, Anfield is probably my most visited away ground after Selhurst.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here