Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Living in Liverpool

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Having now lived over half my life in inner city Liverpool I am as passionate about the Albion as ever. Been to more away games than I can remember, Chester 7:1, Huddersfield 2:1, Wrexham 2:0 all special Zamora games, also been to Man United, Rochdale, Hull on a Tuesday night (we won), Oldham, Blackpool, Tranmere, Leeds the list goes on and on. My point is Liverpool is a brilliant place to live for football and for life in general, although before I came I had quite a negative view of life in our northern "slums", most of which was from singing songs in my youth in the North Stand. I am proud to say now that Liverpool is my home and I love it (but will of course always support the Albion!) By the way I bought my first house for £14K and now live in a beautiful £200K 4 bed Victorian house and barely have a morgage left to pay. Liverpool is a great place to live! Oh and we had the MOBO awards last night....

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Liverpool or Brighton? There's only one way to find out.....

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Thanks for that, Cilla :thumbsup:

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
care-o-meter.gif

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I wouldn't live in Liverpool for anything. Mainly because of the locals.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Liverpool 95, Cream, Queues, Fit Women, Twatted out me box :lolol:

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
The area around the City Centre is actually quite nice,the Albert Dock,Liverpool One,Matthew Street etc is all very pleasant.
Venture out of the square mile and it is a different story,like most of the big northern cities the centre is fine but you can keep the majority of the suburbs.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
How much of the docks has been redeveloped, or is it still seemingly endless miles of Letter To Brezhnev-tastic dockland along the water front. Haven't been to L/pool since our 2-2 at Anfield in 1990.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Like I say it is a great place to live, I could list the benefits but for starters how many people can leave the house at 8:40, drop your wife at work, kids at school and get to work yourself for 9, beats a 2 hour commute to London any day. The locals are funny and friendly and there are plenty of Brighton away matches to go to!

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
I live 30 miles from Liverpool and I LOVE the city ... my second city AFTER BRIGHTON!
Oh and in general the scousers are great too!

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
I once went to Liverpool to visit some friends, whilst on a visit to a park we had a kick about with some locals. One of them asked my mate who he was, he replied he was an West Ham fan. The same bloke then asked me who I was, so I told him I was Brighton.
A couple of minutes later as I was steaming down the wing the bloke whom had positioned himself nicely to recieve my cross shouted out "Ey Brian!". My mate to this very day still refers to me as Brian.

Nice plce though.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Dave do you wear your brighton and hove albion replica shirt around town and get accused of being a plastic fan glory hunter by the locals :lolol:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Having now lived over half my life in inner city Liverpool I am as passionate about the Albion as ever. Been to more away games than I can remember, Chester 7:1, Huddersfield 2:1, Wrexham 2:0 all special Zamora games, also been to Man United, Rochdale, Hull on a Tuesday night (we won), Oldham, Blackpool, Tranmere, Leeds the list goes on and on. My point is Liverpool is a brilliant place to live for football and for life in general, although before I came I had quite a negative view of life in our northern "slums", most of which was from singing songs in my youth in the North Stand. I am proud to say now that Liverpool is my home and I love it (but will of course always support the Albion!) By the way I bought my first house for £14K and now live in a beautiful £200K 4 bed Victorian house and barely have a morgage left to pay. Liverpool is a great place to live! Oh and we had the MOBO awards last night....

love Liverpool, the place and people are top drawer.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Went and stayed in Liverpool for the Tranmere game.
The only Northern city I would ever consider living in.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I wore my Brighton shirt the other week to my lads footy practice in Sefton park and told all the dads that we were going to batter Charlton! I'm now treated like royalty because I think they must have nipped off to the bookies!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I much prefer Manc. There does not seem to be much going on in 'pool which would interest me. I guess it's what you're into though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here