Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I know this has been done to death but one more push before the weekend is out.

I just don't know what to make of the whole Liverpool crisis" right now. I'm really enjoying the schadenfreude of seeing a once great club laid low. It used to make me sick on the (Sussex) playground in the early 80s when half the boys followed Liverpool. Seems to me they can go whistle now.

But...

I just feel for poor Roy Hodgson. The slow mangling of a decent man caught in a storm is horrible to watch. Why didn't he just stay at Fulham?

Oh well. C'est la vie...:albion1:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Just sit back and enjoy while it lasts.

Roy will be alwight. :thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I know this has been done to death but one more push before the weekend is out.

I just don't know what to make of the whole Liverpool crisis" right now. I'm really enjoying the schadenfreude of seeing a once great club laid low. It used to make me sick on the (Sussex) playground in the early 80s when half the boys followed Liverpool. Seems to me they can go whistle now.

But...

I just feel for poor Roy Hodgson. The slow mangling of a decent man caught in a storm is horrible to watch. Why didn't he just stay at Fulham?

Oh well. C'est la vie...:albion1:

EXACTLY how I feel. Love seeing LFC up shit creek for the same reasons you cite, but I have a lot of time for Woy, who seems a very decent man. Hope they don't fire him any time soon.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
VIZ TOP TIPS-
NEW LIVERPOOL OWNERS. If you've kept the receipt, you should be able to return it within 28 days.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm wondering how long it will be before Man U start a quick decline. The papers are full of speculation about Rooney looking to move on. To maintain their lofty standards they will need to replace him and the old guard of Scholes and Giggs very soon..and possibly the 'keeper. I dont think they have the money, or the stomach, to do this.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Would be nice to see both Liverpool and Tranmere relegated this season.
Woy hails from Cwoydon originally so gets no sympathy from me.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
found liverpool and everton fans the nastiest around,horrible place to go in the 70/80's:tosser: feel sorry for roy though:ohmy:

Not my experience; I have good memories of matches up there. I was in the Everton end when we lost 4-3 to them (cracking game, Sansom scored the winner in the last minute) and was able to cheer and celebrate Brighton goals with little problem, plenty of banter with Everton fans but no trouble.

Have been drinking in pubs with Liverpool and Everton fans after various games and never saw any trouble.

Must say that, while enjoying the spectacle of a big club imploding, I don't quite have the animosity towards Liverpool that I have to Man U or Chelski. As pointed out a few weeks ago, this is an age thing - people in their late 40s or older won't have encountered glory-hunting Liverpool fans in the playground.And like lots of people here, I have sympathy for Hodgson -a good manager and, by all accounts, a decent guy.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Woy hails from Cwoydon originally so gets no sympathy from me.

You can't help where you come from though. I was born in Kent so by rights should be a Gillingham fan, but I hope nobody holds that against me here.

Roy Hodgson looks like he should be your slightly dithery old Grandad, one who would sit there immaculately dressed for all occasions and tell you to mind your language, but one who bought you excellent Christmas presents and let you try a sip of his whisky when your parents weren't looking. He's never a football manager is he? It always occurred to me that his appointment at Liverpool was more to do with the lack of other realistic candidates than a genuine feeling by the Anfield board that he was the man for the job.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I just love all the moaning Liverpool fans and the "crisis" they are in. They wanna know what a real crisis is?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I just love all the moaning Liverpool fans and the "crisis" they are in. They wanna know what a real crisis is?

That's the thing with all these Noddy clubs though isn't it? They all think they're stuck in hell because they've lost a few Premier League games.

Imagine what it's like to be a Macclesfield or Barnet fan, permanently marooned at the arse end of the fourth division in front of crowds of 1,300, losing utterly dismal hoof-fests to Morecambe and Northampton Town.

Yep. It must be HORRENDOUS to support Liverpool...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think Liverpool will bounce back from this adversity and become a top 3 club again next season - if not they'll definitely make the play offs!

:lolol:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
That's the thing with all these Noddy clubs though isn't it? They all think they're stuck in hell because they've lost a few Premier League games.

Imagine what it's like to be a Macclesfield or Barnet fan, permanently marooned at the arse end of the fourth division in front of crowds of 1,300, losing utterly dismal hoof-fests to Morecambe and Northampton Town.

Exactly. I hope they get relegated, just to watch the "I can't believe it" scenes in the press. Spoilt twats.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

All of which reminds me of a midweek away trip to Macclesfield during the Gillingham years. It was a very cold January Tuesday night and we'd driven the million miles or so to Macclesfield where we surrendered meekly to a 1-0 defeat in front of about 2000 people.

The car (of the now club's press officer) developed some sort of fault on the way back whereby if we went above about 40mph all the lights on the car would go out. So we had a very long, very slow drive back to Sussex. Passing through Dorking we finally got pulled by a copper - it was amazing we'd made it that far - who asked where we'd been and where we were going etc.

When we explained we were Brighton fans on the way back from Macclesfield where we'd lost etc, he commented that he was a Spurs fan so knew all about our woes as "we've not won anything in years". Dumbfounded doesn't begin to explain our views on his belief that we were leading similar football supporting lives.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think Liverpool will bounce back from this adversity and become a top 3 club again next season - if not they'll definitely make the play offs!

I just texted that to a Man United supporting mate and the dozy twonk texted back going "Yeah, you're probably right :( but it's fun while it lasts isn't it?":dunce: :facepalm:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I just texted that to a Man United supporting mate and the dozy twonk texted back going "Yeah, you're probably right :( but it's fun while it lasts isn't it?":dunce: :facepalm:

That just shows that Man Utd fans' brains don't comprehend anything outside their little Premiership/Champions League bubble

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here