Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool: would you take a point now?

Would you take a point at Liverpool now?

• Yes - these are a good side

Votes: 322 89.0%
  • No - wheel wine

Votes: 40 11.0%

• Total voters

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Not when 3 are available. Bet all those who wanted to take a point against spurs are gutted.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Klopp spoke about is in his post match interview after the West Ham, he said how the game against us poses a completely different threat as we are a possession team. Essentially it’s a toe to toe but they’re the heavyweights and we’re middleweight.

I’ll be interested to see how Klopp sets up for this one, he doesn’t really have the players to adjust much defensively, and if I recall in the last match up Potter had us turning their centre backs around and squeezed them up, Klopp could just rely on firepower but with Mane missing and Jota still not ready he might have to use The Ox or Shakiri.

And this would seriously reduce the risk of being stung by the ball in behind (i'm not ignoring they've still got Salah), and should allow us to play further up the pitch

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
And this would seriously reduce the risk of being stung by the ball in behind (i'm not ignoring they've still got Salah), and should allow us to play further up the pitch

Indeed, Salah is obviously still an incredibly risky opponent, Shakiri can be lazy and is simply not in the same league as Mane, though he can be class if he chooses to be. One thing for sure, I’m happy to have Solly March at LWB as he will match anyone for energy up and down the flank.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Indeed, Salah is obviously still an incredibly risky opponent, Shakiri can be lazy and is simply not in the same league as Mane, though he can be class if he chooses to be. One thing for sure, I’m happy to have Solly March at LWB as he will match anyone for energy up and down the flank.

I mean Shaqiri can bang in a free kick with the best of them, but yeh, he's not the opponent I would fear facing the most.

Good players all through this Liverpool side of course, but will they take us for granted? Will they have one eye on the weekends game? Will they have one too many players out of position?

I'm confident. And I've been putting my money where my posts are.

Betfair gave me 30/1 on us getting 2 (or more) goals and getting 6 (or more) corners. I've gleefully accepted

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Yep any top 7/8 side would take a draw consistantly against. We're still at that level and whilst it's a boring answer it's shirley gotta be the right one.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
I would be very happy to see Salah sprain his ankle in the warm up. The two goals he got the other day were just unbelievable. He seems to be a relentless unstoppable force. If we got a shut out against Liverpool it would be a miracle, although I think we could score against them with the form of our forwards and the injuries they have at the back.
A relentless, unstoppable force which had not scored for 6 (six) games before West Ham.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Let's be honest, we'd snatch gratefully at the offer of a point at Anfield in usual circumstances. We beat Spurs, so people are getting a bit excited.

I hate to be the downer, but with Friend refereeing and 'Hoops' on VAR, I'd be happy to take a heavy loss now if promised no red card suspensions or unpunished assaults leading to injuries that would keep any of our players out of the next few games. We'll be playing injury time until they're winning. Even if we thought we had a point at full time, Hooper would just find some reason to tell the ref to restart the game after the (very late) whistle and award them the match.... again.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I hate to be the downer, but with Friend refereeing and 'Hoops' on VAR, I'd be happy to take a heavy loss now if promised no red card suspensions or unpunished assaults leading to injuries that would keep any of our players out of the next few games. We'll be playing injury time until they're winning. Even if we thought we had a point at full time, Hooper would just find some reason to tell the ref to restart the game after the (very late) whistle and award them the match.... again.

I have to say this combination does worry me. Am I imaging things or do we seem to get Friend for a lot Liverpool games? Add the myopic AFC Hoops into the mix in Stockley Park and there is reason to feel anxious.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

... if he starts. Wing back role is the most demanding in the game (the way Brighton are playing) and with the tight schedule he needs to rest every now and then. Would prefer it to happen today rather than against Burnley.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Kevin Friend as the ref, with Simon Hooper on VAR, I’d bite your hand off for a point, right now.

Let's be honest, we'd snatch gratefully at the offer of a point at Anfield in usual circumstances. We beat Spurs, so people are getting a bit excited.

I said a similar thing this morning.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I have to say this combination does worry me. Am I imaging things or do we seem to get Friend for a lot Liverpool games? Add the myopic AFC Hoops into the mix in Stockley Park and there is reason to feel anxious.

This will be the third time Kevin Friend is ref in a game between these teams.

Overall with Friend, Brighton got 14 games / 6 wins / 2 draws / 6 losses in the PL, definitely better than the average.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
As some have mentioned leading up to this game, this is a free hit.

We obviously don't want to loose our shape or go reckless, but at least the players should be released somewhat from the usual pressures of expectation.

Go go go Albion and the best of luck :albion2:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This will be the third time Kevin Friend is ref in a game between these teams.

Overall with Friend, Brighton got 14 games / 6 wins / 2 draws / 6 losses in the PL, definitely better than the average.

I still haven’t forgiven Friend for awarding a penalty for a Salah dive when they won 1-0 at the Amex along with giving Liverpool EVERY 50/50 during the game. I definitely haven’t forgiven Hoops for giving a penalty against Elphick (?) for a foul on him by a Bournemouth player OUTSIDE the box at Withdean, the wanker.

Poisonous duo for an Albion game :down:

Bitter? moi?

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Missed the bus to work this morning, got soaked waiting for the next one, then got stuck behind some **** parked across a junction, got to work late, had a bitch of a day at work, back hurts, got to spend some of my evening trawling over spreadsheets........been saving all my luck for the result tonight.
Let's have a winner.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I would take a point but really a win isn't out of the question at all. We are in form ourselves, we haven't conceded in 3 league games (and only 1 at Man City in the game before that), and we have the best GD in the bottom half.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Hell NO....

If we go into games against these debt ridden northern towns looking for a point it’s a sad day....

Viva La revolution from La republic of Brighton (not Hove their still secretly Tory)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here