Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool: would you take a point now?

Would you take a point at Liverpool now?

• Yes - these are a good side

Votes: 322 89.0%
  • No - wheel wine

Votes: 40 11.0%

• Total voters

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Pretty well every other lowly club has pulled off a mega result against Liverpool and City, why not us for a change?

One of the indicators of how much we have progressed as a football club, despite our league position , is that a few years ago we would think "a mega" result against Man Utd, Arsenal, Tottenham , Man City, Liverpool , Chelsea would be that we kept the score down to 2 or 3.

A few years on and we are than only team in the WORLD to have beaten "The special ones" teams three times at home on the trot, have regular wins against Man Utd, Arsenal, Tottenham , and we are rightly disappointed that we only managed draws against Leicester, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City are relieved to have scraped by us by the odd goal at the Ethiad.

Arsenal and Utd Fans must now dread the days when they come to the Amex as #teamslikebrighton meltdowns are regularly only 90 mins away

It can be a nail-biting thing supporting Brighton but oh my god, what a ride it is , and that we no longer expect a pasting when the big boys come is a thing of wonder to me

UTA

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Keep it at 0-0 for 80 minutes with BDB as a close marker on Salah, wind AJ up by telling him he's not getting a kick, then bring him on at 80 minutes to bag a late winner with a worldie overhead kick. Three points in the bag. Job's a good'un.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Madness I know but I think we can win this, so no I wouldn’t settle for a point at the moment :shrug:

We are on the cusp of greatness :wink:

I'm with you, blud :thumbsup:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'll never take a point ahead of a game...

Well, maybe against Manchester City as it seems they are genetically programmed to crush or at the very least beat Brighton. But Liverpool? Nah, game on.

I'd say there's about a 5% chance of winning and maybe a 25% chance of getting a draw so "taking one point" would probably be the wiser deal... but I just cant get those 5% out of my head.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Accepting a draw before any competitive sporting fixture means you are dead inside and need to leave sport behind and go and pursue non-sporting interests, like crochet, baking banana bread or watching Formula One. It’d be interesting to know (well not really) how many who choose a draw are F1 fans.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Believe! Death or frickin’ glory! Win or lose!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Accepting a draw before any competitive sporting fixture means you are dead inside and need to leave sport behind and go and pursue non-sporting interests, like crochet, baking banana bread or watching Formula One. It’d be interesting to know (well not really) how many who choose a draw are F1 fans.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Believe! Death or frickin’ glory! Win or lose!

Managers job = pragmatism

Fans job = daring to dream

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Would take a point, it only takes a silly early red and Liverpool are quite capable of doing to us what Man U did to Saints last night.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Would take a point, it only takes a silly early red and Liverpool are quite capable of doing to us what Man U did to Saints last night.

I’ve noticed that we don’t get thrashed this season (if thrashing is a winning margin of 3+ goals). Our recent defensive form has been immense.

I’d hope that we’d hold pretty firm if we were down to 10 men, maybe a couple of goals conceded. I’m sure we wouldn’t essentially give up like the Saints did.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
You stop Salah in the same way as you stop Son ....... win the midfield

I watched them vs West Ham on Sunday and they played a more traditional 4-4-2 or even 4-5-1, no Mane & Firminio on the bench. Certainly not the 4-2-4 they tend to play with all their forwards. I thought Klopp was quite clever really, he knew he had a makeshift defence so he packed the midfield and dominated possession so they were hardly tested. Will be interesting to see what he does tonight, Mane is fit by all accounts so will he revert to type or will he remain a bit cautious, pack the midfield to dominate possession and trust Salah or Mane to do the business. They have City on Sunday as well so lets hope he rests a few, particularly Salah.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I’ll answer after the Fulham game.

Hopefully Leicester do us a favour and we can go there without any pressure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Or they might get a silly early red. That would make things interesting

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
My fear... a sub-conscious, psychological dip that can happen when a team hits a significant milestone.. getting the first win at home, put a little more clear water between us and the pack.. could we be too relaxed as no-one expects us to do anything at Anfield ?? The counter-argument is that we have some sort of momentum, confidence higher and no pressure.. an historic win beckons.. I would take a draw, but blimey, how good would it be to sneak a win..

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Granted we've been playing pretty decent stuff recently. But we're playing one of the best teams in the world, at their place, when we're highly likely to do a bit of squad rotation. Liverpool have got a big game at the weekend, too, but they have an extra day to recover. A point would be marvellous!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I watched them vs West Ham on Sunday and they played a more traditional 4-4-2 or even 4-5-1, no Mane & Firminio on the bench. Certainly not the 4-2-4 they tend to play with all their forwards. I thought Klopp was quite clever really, he knew he had a makeshift defence so he packed the midfield and dominated possession so they were hardly tested. Will be interesting to see what he does tonight, Mane is fit by all accounts so will he revert to type or will he remain a bit cautious, pack the midfield to dominate possession and trust Salah or Mane to do the business. They have City on Sunday as well so lets hope he rests a few, particularly Salah.
Mane is out according to Klopp.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
I'd take a point now.

I would love us to win and we could, but it is unlikely.

If we do lose I hope we can at least score one goal and they only beat us by a margin of one, so our goal difference is not desimated.

I think more importantly than a win, is that no one picks up a red/yellow card or an injury and no one makes a real bad mistake for a goal or misses a sitter.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
In. A. Heartbeat.

Let's just remember on Sunday the breathtaking quality of Liverpools pacy counterattacks - these are a good side!

Klopp spoke about is in his post match interview after the West Ham, he said how the game against us poses a completely different threat as we are a possession team. Essentially it’s a toe to toe but they’re the heavyweights and we’re middleweight.

I’ll be interested to see how Klopp sets up for this one, he doesn’t really have the players to adjust much defensively, and if I recall in the last match up Potter had us turning their centre backs around and squeezed them up, Klopp could just rely on firepower but with Mane missing and Jota still not ready he might have to use The Ox or Shakiri.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here