Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Be interesting to see if Duffy plays. I’m next to someone with Virgil on the back of their shirt and recall he was the difference (Van Dijk not the fan!) in our box when I was last up here.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
My heart says we're going to come away with a glorious 2-1 win with Maupay getting the winner deep into injury time.

My head thinks my heart is a moron and says It'll be a job well done if we keep to 4 or under.

I'm going with my heart. It loves setting itself up for a fall.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Be interesting to see if Duffy plays. I’m next to someone with Virgil on the back of their shirt and recall he was the difference (Van Dijk not the fan!) in our box when I was last up here.

I will be stunned if Duffy starts :shrug:

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
On my way to Anfield, sat right at the back of the Preston Liverpool Supporters Club coach.

Why?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Another depressing day knowing that we've got no chance. The novelty of premier league is wearing off. Bring back bernie gallagher and 6000 gates at the goldstone. Happy days from a miserable sod

Try watching Crawley?

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Don't you just love football , until that whistle blows and the game takes place any result is possible . Some very unlikely but still possible !
I , as a realist , and on learning of the shyster / no mate combination have voted 6 - 0 on the prediction thread .
This at least gives me a chance of saying at the end " well we did better than i thought we would "
But , and here's the thing , somewhere in the back of my mind there is a little voice saying " we could just nick this "
As the saying goes it's the hope that kills you !

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
On my way to Anfield, sat right at the back of the Preston Liverpool Supporters Club coach.

Why?

No different to the Guildford Manchester United supporters club coach :wink:

GLORY HUNTERS (in United’s case MASSIVE FAIL)

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Wow !!!
Have never seen such informed knowledge and respect attributed to us on any opponents forum irrespective of wherever they may sit within the football pyramid ;

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=349454.0 (click back Page 1 to the start of the thread if it doesn't start from there)

From the opening post, the thread is stacked with plaudits - the antithesis of the mainly ignorant City fans of last week.
And have never read of rival fans wanting to witness seeing our best players out on the pitch - in this case, Lamptey & Bissouma.

What's going on ?
Have we finally arrived ??

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I hope we don’t concede early as it seems to me we grow into games and tend to finish off strongly. They’re a really skilled team in form but we’re a good team too with an astute manager.

We'll give them a hard match I’m sure, and as always it’s still our eleven blokes against theirs despite all the media hype around the “big clubs”.

:bhasign:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Wow !!!
Have never seen such informed knowledge and respect attributed to us on any opponents forum irrespective of wherever they may sit within the football pyramid ;

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=349454.0 (click back Page 1 to the start of the thread if it doesn't start from there)

From the opening post, the thread is stacked with plaudits - the antithesis of the mainly ignorant City fans of last week.
And have never read of rival fans wanting to witness seeing our best players out on the pitch - in this case, Lamptey & Bissouma.

What's going on ?
They’re a decent bunch of fans by and large, I’ve always enjoyed my trips to watch us play in Liverpool.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Wow !!!

What's going on ?

This one hurt a bit though "Brighton haven't got anybody dangerous and it takes them ten attempts to force a save. Except against Palace when it takes 45 attempts for one goal. Palace get two goals from one attempt."

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It feels like every week we're playing a team that'll show Duffy for what he is.

Yet the only game the team have had their arses handed too them was the game Duffy didn't play.

Salah has spent much of his career, and all of this season, embarrassing centre backs who earn in a couple of months more than Shane's entire transfer history.

If Mo and his gang add Dunk, Duffy and Webster to their bedpost so what?
But we sure as hell aren't keeping them out without Dunk, Duffy and Webster + 8 others on top form.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Wow !!!

What's going on ?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Wow !!!

What's going on ?

They are usually more sensible than most top teams fans. Decent club in general, almost felt bad for them that they couldnt celebrate their first league title in however many years it was.

It feels like every week we're playing a team that'll show Duffy for what he is.

Yet the only game the team have had their arses handed too them was the game Duffy didn't play.

Salah has spent much of his career, and all of this season, embarrassing centre backs who earn in a couple of months more than Shane's entire transfer history.

If Mo and his gang add Dunk, Duffy and Webster to their bedpost so what?
But we sure as hell aren't keeping them out without Dunk, Duffy and Webster + 8 others on top form.

Strange how often City are "handed" wins...

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I hope we don’t concede early as it seems to me we grow into games and tend to finish off strongly. They’re a really skilled team in form but we’re a good team too with an astute manager.

We'll give them a hard match I’m sure, and as always it’s still our eleven blokes against theirs despite all the media hype around the “big clubs”.

:bhasign:

They have Dean and Friend today so 11 v 13..

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Wow !!!

What's going on ?

They've always been a knowledgeable and fair minded bunch. I was surprised in one or two cases exactly how much knowledge they had of us - even down to the Palace one shot two goals quip!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here