Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool v Reading, ITV now

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
Liverpool have been on the slide for a year or so an not won the league for how long? They are not a Man U and people forget that they were in the second div in the 60s. They are the most successful club in Britain but that was mainly because of brilliant success in the same 20 odd years. They need that success or their crowds will slip against the Readings of this world in the cup. Probably only united, maybe Arsenal and maybe Spurs have a chance of selling a cup midweek fixture against Reading when they have been rubbish for a year. Yep Spurs and Arsenal may surprise people but they are London's two big teams with massive support as a result because london has a population o what over 8 to 10 million. In contrast to Liverpool which in comparison to London is a tiny town.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
ooo, Reading just missed a sitter!

Should be two up now. Not a great game so far.

Judging by some of the pitchside advertising, this game is being televised in Vietnam, among other places. I bet the bars of Ho Chi Minh City are just rammed with people glued to this one :lolol:

Torres off injured now...Liverpool reduced to a one man team instead of two.

seagullsoverlincoln

Jul 14, 2009
The latest Carlos Kickaball, Maxi whatsisname looks miserable as sin in the stands,especially with the scarf thats been plonked round his neck

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This thread is just an excuse for more anti-northern posts. The FACT people aren't there is because the city is suffering heavily from the economic climate and jobs are few and far between.

These fan's pay for there season ticket, which is a lot more than we pay, and simply have no money. If Brighton were playing the equivalent of what reading are to Liverpool, let's say Barnet, I highly doubt we would sell more than 5000 ticket in a near 9000 ground.

Excuse me, I'm being anti-Liverpool, not anti Northern :p

And the whole jobless Scouser thing is a very old cliché which they fall back on when it suits them...does Merseyside suffer any more these days than, say Barnsley, or Sunderland, or Middlesbrough?

Lots of people aren't exactly flush right now, they may think otherwise but Scousers don't have a monopoly on poverty you know.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
To be honest when I wrote that I hadnt acctually seen the stand behind the goal to the left, but even so its not that bad?

Reding have missed 2 great chances aswell

There are distinctive pockets, but also lots of shiny seats to be seen.

I am going to put my neck on the line and predict an attendance of 26,673.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
A Kop season ticket costs £650, or about £30 per game. A Withdean North Stand ticket costs £470, or about £19 per game.

Who gets better value?

Oooh, the one man just put the one man team ahead.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

And the whole jobless Scouser thing is a very old cliché which they fall back on when it suits them...does Merseyside suffer any more these days than, say Barnsley, or Sunderland, or Middlesbrough?

Lots of people aren't exactly flush right now, they may think otherwise but Scousers don't have a monopoly on poverty you know.
I take it you've been there recently.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Why are the ITV pundits all wearing black ties? Is it a fashion thing or has someone important died???

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Liverpool's Assistant Groundsman's pet ferret, "Shanks" sadly passed over at the weekend.

Minutes applause before the game and 3 days of official mourning / flower laying at Liverpool Cathedral.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Yeah right, 'cos Liverpool have been a totally shite but lucky side for the past thirty or forty years haven't they ???:facepalm:

I was referring more to this season. ??? Although you could go back a few more years and make a case for them being extremely lucky. I won't pretend to be disappointed to see them faltering this season. And not being a better side than Reading in the first game, or the first half tonight.

Come on Reading! :albion2:

Seriously don't tell me about scousers, I am one, not the scouser that supports Liverpool, Everton or Tranmere, I am in fact a very committed Brighton fan who has a season ticket and travels away. Barnsley, Sunderland and Middlesborough? Look at their attendances.

It is not an old cliche, if you have been there then you would see for yourself. I respect your opinion but I have to say that on the poverty front you are very wrong.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
It is not an old cliche, if you have been there then you would see for yourself. I respect your opinion but I have to say that on the poverty front you are very wrong.

I tend to agree - but even in the last two years the city centre feels a far more prosperous place with the opening of Liverpool One. In recent times I went there again two years ago and was struck by how poor it felt in comparison to say Manchester and Leeds.

In the autumn we went up for a few days - and the centre just feels better off. Money has been spent and buildings are going up and being renovated. I appreciate it is only the centre - and that can mask the rest of the city but it felt different.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here