Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool v Reading, ITV now

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Further ammunition to those who say the FA Cup is dying on it's arse.

The bin-dippers' "great" fans appear to have forgotten there's a game on, judging by the thousands of empty seats round Anfield. Plenty of space in the Reading section too, though to be fair to them it's a long old hike up in the current weather conditions.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
thanks for reminding me of this, a welcome break from worrying about getting Vila tickets...

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Hmm, January, midweek, on tv, lower opposition, bloody cold, probably not cheap given their money situation, it's understandable, no?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Peversely, I did enjoy that little outburst from Hicks Jr. Obviously, a paying customer should not be subjected to that, but we never learned what was written in the first email. Also, the Liverpudlians took great pride in 'wibbing' Man Utd for selling out to the Americans, before shortly doing exactly the same thing.

I love the way they are fussing about their season. They are in the top 1/3 of the league and they are still in a European competition. Something that 70+ league clubs would give their right arm for..!

I would love it...LOVE IT...if they eventually lost their crown jewels and slipped into perennial midtable mediocrity. MWAHAHAHAHA.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not saying it is or isn't, just maybe a reflection on where the FA Cup stands in terms of priorities, as well as ticket prices and Liverpool's poor football this season.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Its not that empty!

It's massively empty.

I remember reading an article about Liverpool being the club that needed a new stadium more than anyone else (apart from Rotherham, Stockport and Brighton of course (possibly more) - but they/we didn't come up on the radar screen).

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I would love it...LOVE IT...if they eventually lost their crown jewels and slipped into perennial midtable mediocrity. MWAHAHAHAHA.

I concur heartily :lolol: Am enjoying seeing them shafted by their owners, given how self righteous a lot of their fans were over the whole Glazer thing at United. All these clubs are sell-outs, no matter how much they crap on about their local community roots.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What a PISS POOR miss by Rasiak :angry:

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
ooo, Reading just missed a sitter!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I've got a great deal of time for my friend and ex-flatmate, David, but his support of Liverpool is laughable.

He has been to Anfield once (and seen them a coule more times at two other grounds), he bought a Liverpool scarf (not official merchandise) and a Liverpool cardigan/fleece (also not official). But he has been there and loyal through the bad times! I asked him what the bad times were and he said they finished 8th in the top flight once... :wozza:

This thread is just an excuse for more anti-northern posts. The FACT people aren't there is because the city is suffering heavily from the economic climate and jobs are few and far between.

These fan's pay for there season ticket, which is a lot more than we pay, and simply have no money. If Brighton were playing the equivalent of what reading are to Liverpool, let's say Barnet, I highly doubt we would sell more than 5000 ticket in a near 9000 ground.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
It's massively empty.

I remember reading an article about Liverpool being the club that needed a new stadium more than anyone else (apart from Rotherham, Stockport and Brighton of course (possibly more) - but they/we didn't come up on the radar screen).

To be honest when I wrote that I hadnt acctually seen the stand behind the goal to the left, but even so its not that bad?

Reding have missed 2 great chances aswell

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Reading 10-1 on 365 at the moment. from what ive seen so far that could be worth a little go. especially as Mbop is just about to come on for Torres.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here