Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool v Man United

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Les Biehn said:
I really don't get the Leeds fans problem with Smith. Did they really think he would or should carry on playing for them once they went down?

It's simple - when they were relegated he professed (as he always had) a love for the club, but said that he had to leave to further his career. He joined one of world's biggest clubs playing on the top stage of European football. Most sensible people didn't have a problem with that. Leeds fans though, do have a problem with that....

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
tommy boy said:
it was more that he went to man yoo after portraying himself as leeds through and through

He probably is still Leeds through and through (unless the Leeds fans have really got to him). It's like all those Everton fans that presume that Wayne Rooney is no longer a blue. Ridiculous.

Last edited:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
DJ Leon said:
It's simple - when they were relegated he professed (as he always had) a love for the club, but said that he had to leave to further his career. He joined one of world's biggest clubs playing on the top stage of European football. Most sensible people didn't have a problem with that. Leeds fans though, do have a problem with that....
ha he is not even playing. he was splittering his bum on the bench.

wrong. oh so wrong.

we got relegated at bolton he cried in front of us, walked down the tunnel and two minutes later live on sky said i am not a first divison player i am off. time and place for that.

was given a heroes send off against charlton. carried on the shoulders of the dumb minions who believed the hype ridsdale put on him.

midweek when my wife visited the training ground he swore black and blue that he would never sign for them had morals, knew what scum was etc. swore that red was not his colour yada yada oy vey.

7 days letter got all arsey with the leeds fans at chelsea when we sang "sign for scum you don't come back" told us to f***ing shut up he would do as he pleased, flipped his two fingers at my boy and a group of others who just wanted the rest of the team autograph.

by the way after we wererelegated he didn't profess any love - that was all a clever campaign from ridsdale rather than from alan who actually hated all that - he said he was greatful for the opportunity leeds gave him but that he was off.

karma is a bitch alan.

red2.jpg

red1.jpg

smithscum.jpg

Last edited:

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Starry said:
ha he is not even playing. he was splittering his bum on the bench.

wrong. oh so wrong.

we got relegated at bolton he cried in front of us, walked down the tunnel and two minutes later live on sky said i am not a first divison player i am off. time and place for that.

was given a heroes send off against charlton. carried on the shoulders of the dumb minions who believed the hype ridsdale put on him.

midweek when my wife visited the training ground he swore black and blue that he would never sign for them had morals, knew what scum was etc. swore that red was not his colour yada yada oy vey.

7 days letter got all arsey with the leeds fans at chelsea when we sang "sign for scum you don't come back" told us to f***ing shut up he would do as he pleased, flipped his two fingers at my boy and a group of others who just wanted the rest of the team autograph.

by the way after we wererelegated he didn't profess any love - that was all a clever campaign from ridsdale rather than from alan who actually hated all that - he said he was greatful for the opportunity leeds gave him but that he was off.

karma is a bitch alan.

red2.jpg

red1.jpg

smithscum.jpg

Sorry about the grammar. It's late.

Oh by the way - 'greatful'?, 'splittering'?

The rest of the post was nonsense too. He was hyped by Ridsdale was he? He had no hand in getting you into Europe then? Revisionist nonsense. And when threatened by the Leeds crowd, he reacted angrily, eh? FFS.

And so you think that such a serious injury is karma, eh? That's not offensive, is it? If Smith is scum for seeking employment elsewhere when he said he wouldn't, what does that make you for wishing pain and suffering on an individual?

As you can tell, I think revelling in someone's serious injury pretty much stinks. So Leeds boy, why not f*** OFF to a Leeds board where your opinions will be shared by like minded idiots.

Goodnight.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
LOL. I'm irish, drunk and dyslexic I am allowed errors.

I am sure this will fall on deaf ears since you are incapable of a debate without resorting to playground name calling I know my wife told you all of my practical jokes but even when I am drunk I can hold a decent debate without name calling. My 8 year old does that!

I wouldn't have randomly started a thread about Smudger about here, but since the idea of a message board is to respond to posts I figured since there was this one running I was allowed to respond. I will have my wife spank me in punishment for assuming that though.

I think you are reading too much into my posts, I'm not gloating about his injury at all just think what goes around comes around, be it a career ending injury or a CL medal. I'm mildly amused by the way his career has gone since leaving, he left to get England caps and club medals. Not doing so well on that score really, now he is injured. Shame and all that, but what goes around comes around.

Maybe he'll get the chance to win medals in the future, maybe he'll not kick a ball again. Sad if his career is over and all that though.

>>He had no hand in getting you into Europe then?<<

Getting us into Europe? Nope. He didn't kick a ball for the first team that got us into Europe. So, no. No hand. :)

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
As much as I think Smith is a hypocritical gobshite surely no one can take pleasure from the injury he suffered yesterday.

As for the 'what goes around comes around' argument, that is crap. Smith has not ended anyones career so the joy you clearly take from his misfortune is unwarranted.

Brighton4eva

Jan 18, 2006
Exiled in Portsmouth
"Quote"

As much as I think Smith is a hypocritical gobshite surely no one can take pleasure from the injury he suffered yesterday.

As for the 'what goes around comes around' argument, that is crap. Smith has not ended anyones career so the joy you clearly take from his misfortune is unwarranted.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ditto

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Yeah but what would the reaction on here have been if Bobby had left us after we got relegated to go to Palace?

Absolute hysteria that's what. And no doubt if he then injured himself playing for Palace there'd be more than one malicious thread about it on here. In fact I've seen countless threads wishing injury on Andrew Johnson, just in bitter envy.

Alan Smith did the dirty on Leeds, and put a front on it all like he has been hard done by. Just as we berate Harding for messing us about over his contract, Leeds fans are perfectly justified to feel anger towards a player who swore his allegiance to their club, then f***ed off to their bitter rivals when the going got tough.

I don't wish injury upon anyone, but it's done now and short of Roy Keane's career being ended I don't think it could have happened to a more deserving player

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
El Presidente said:

I will tell my husband off for being a naughty boy!

Though if I hadn't kicked him out the bedroom for being drunk and bringing curry to bed he wouldn't have been on here in the middle of the night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here