Which team is your favourite?

• Liverpool

Votes: 28 41.8%
  • Everton

Votes: 39 58.2%

• Total voters

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Liverpool Football Club are synonymous with English football success. Anfield itself is a tourist attraction, as will be the new stadium when they move. Liverpool FC bring in valuable tourist money as foreigners clamour to watch the side, simply to be able to say they have done so.

None of that can be said for my own beloved club, sadly.

Very true.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Liverpool.

Most successful English club and did so playing some beautiful football.

The fans and players are magnanimous in defeat aswell, which is the sign of truly great club.
I think the "beauty" is overplayed. I always remember Liverpool playing some excellent, but simple football on their way to trophy after trophy, but not really that beautiful in the same way as, say, 70s-80s Ajax, or Milan in the 80s, or Arsenal recently.

They were *always* built on a settled, brilliantly drilled back four, 2 GENERALS running the game from midfield, and strikers who only ever needed one chance in a game to win it.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
1. Liverpool have enough unsuccessful applications for season tickets to fill Withdean 10 times over.

2. Liverpool getting their new stadium is of more national importance than us getting ours.

Therefore Phil Thompson's statement is correct.

Except it's not. Neither are "nationally important" as such, despite us attempting to convince the planners otherwise.

Liverpool have a stadium that, in reasonable comfort, holds 45,000 people every other week. The only reason they want a bigger one is so they can get more in and thus make more money. They'll hardly go bust if they don't get it. They just don't like the fact that they aren't on the same level in terms of crowds, as United, Arsenal and even Newcastle.

We want a bigger one because our stadium is a festering heap of shit, with crap facilities, no roof, seats miles from the pitch, and which loses money hand over fist. Liverpool's floating fans can watch them on Sky/MoTD every week, so it's not as though they're missing out in the meantime.

Besides, Phil Thompson unfailingly talks out of his arse.

Oh the shadow it casts is frightening
Stops the sun from shining light in
You can see it wherever he goes
Thompson's nose, Thompson's nose, Thompson's nose.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Phil Thompson yesterday on TalkSport, re Liverpools application for a new stadium:

"The delays have been unbelievable. It's been back and forth with the council so many times it's getting so frustrating. Absolutely NO-ONE needs a new ground more than Liverpool."

Liverpool can go f*** themselves. Bunch of emotionally-incontinent thieving pricks.

f***ing hell, you're a cheerful bloke aren't you?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Liverpool, at their best they play the type of football that can mesmerise. Have never really liked Everton, they once had a policy of not signing black players, admittedly that has gone by the wayside since the current Chairman took the helm but it is something I have never forgotten...I can remember them being booed at the Goldstone when scores were announced, unless of course there was another reason for that.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Liverpool, at their best they play the type of football that can mesmerise. Have never really liked Everton, they once had a policy of not signing black players, admittedly that has gone by the wayside since the current Chairman took the helm but it is something I have never forgotten...I can remember them being booed at the Goldstone when scores were announced, unless of course there was another reason for that.

Re the black players- could you not say that about a lot of clubs? John Barnes was the first black player at Anfield, and that wasn't till about 1987 roughly.

My dislike for Liverpool is for similar reasons that a lot of people hate Man United now. I can remember being at school in the eighties when they used to win everything, and all the kids were glory seeking Liverpool fans.

People seem to have this rose tinted vision of that era now, but they were easily as annoying as United or Chelsea are these days. Liverpool used to get so many penalties at Anfield, it was ridiculous.

cattlin'srockshop

Nov 15, 2007
where no-one can find me
Everton of the 2.

Too many Liverpool fans and Phil Thompson it seems, always appear to think they are being wronged somewhere along the line.

When the club, a player or Benitez is criticised on blogs the writer is always criticised as jealous and guilty of anti-scouse bias, which doesn't happen from Everton fans if Moyes is criticised for example. Which is odd as Evertonians are scousers too! I tend to like the scousers I have met personally and have had many a good time up there.

In short too many Liverpool fans, from Liverpool, maidstone, Oslo or sadly from sussex!, tend to think LFC is the only club with a history, great fans or songs, or humour, or loyalty or that matters.

Which makes Everton and most of other clubs with the exception of obvious Albion-centric examples appear preferable.

In short too many LFC fans are too anul and narcissistic when it comes to their club for my liking, though I thoroughly enjoyed the 70s and 80s sides which were brilliant of course.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Liverpool for me as I supported them when I was younger mainly because of Michael Owen. I still follow there results and always want them to win.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I would like to have seen an option for "I dislike them both" or somthing similar. I simply can't vote on this poll as it stands.

Then you would see just how many of us couldn't give a stuff about either of them. As it stands there will be those who have voted one or the other, when really, like me, they have no affinity for either of them, at all.

A bit like General Elections, there should be an option for "None". Then the scum we know as polititians would get a wake up call as to how many of the population are not "Lazy" at election time, they just f***ing hate every single one of the lying fuckers.

(and that's a rant, that is)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Liverpool Football Club are synonymous with English football success. Anfield itself is a tourist attraction, as will be the new stadium when they move. Liverpool FC bring in valuable tourist money as foreigners clamour to watch the side, simply to be able to say they have done so.

None of that can be said for my own beloved club, sadly.

Ahh. So its all about the money then.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
How very sceptical of you. I would've thought you must know it's about better facilities for supporters and the fact that Anfield is a run-down shit-hole of a ground... :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'd f***ing hate it if Anfield was our home ground. Probably wouldn't bother going.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Out the two BLUE Scousers.

I CANT f***ing STAND RED SCOUSE ****s.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
A bit like General Elections, there should be an option for "None". Then the scum we know as polititians would get a wake up call as to how many of the population are not "Lazy" at election time, they just f***ing hate every single one of the lying fuckers.

(and that's a rant, that is)

Fair point. NO ONE should run for election as its quite clear the majority vote for NO ONE!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here