Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool fans deface Old Trafford

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
United fans ambushed a Palace coach at the 1995 cup semi.

A Palace fan was hit with a brick and killed when he fell under the coach leaving the pub car park.

Bloke was a father of five and no trouble maker.

Maybe Brighton fans just didn't know that Charlton sing it - but generally I'd credit them with some sense. Apart from CtS that is.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
paulie said:

A Palace fan was hit with a brick and killed when he fell under the coach leaving the pub car park.

Maybe Brighton fans just didn't know that Charlton sing it - but generally I'd credit them with some sense. Apart from CtS that is.

Cheers - ouch, my aching sides. f***ing pathetic. :nono:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Man of Harveys said:
Forgive my ignorance and I'm asking in good faith: what does that refer to? I've been watching us play (and generally beat) Palace since I was about eight and never heard it sung.

If I remember correctly at the Priestfield on more than one occasion in the very grimest of games (in fact quite often) 'The Wheels on the bus' would get an airing sung by quite a number of people who now proport to be quite respectable.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
paulie said:

I was merely pointing out that I have a song like that in the south, not advocating its use.

harold robbins

Jul 5, 2003
Lammy said:
Don't they throw Turkish Delight bars at Leeds fans?

Probably in response to the lovely "Whos that lying on the runway " song. Possibly one of the most distasteful songs to be sung at an English football ground.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
harold robbins said:
Probably in response to the lovely "Whos that lying on the runway " song. Possibly one of the most distasteful songs to be sung at an English football ground.

Who's that dying on the runway actually.

And that song hadn't been sung when they produced the chocolates and the IRs banner. Which was about two minutes into the game long before any such chants had chance to get going.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Starry said:

And that song hadn't been sung when they produced the chocolates and the IRs banner. Which was about two minutes into the game long before any such chants had chance to get going.

Does. Not. Make. It. Right. :nono:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Starry said:
Quite. But unlike them we're not trying to take the moral highground.

With all respect (and for once I actually mean it!), I don't get this.

Who's seizing the moral high ground? If you mean that Man United fans are pissed off about this, well, I'd say they have every right to be. What about simply condemning the behavior of ALL the cretinous fucktards - including your own - rather than just resorting to what sounds like playground "well they started it" finger-pointing?

And any Brighton fan stupid enough ever to sing that Palace thing about the bus is a front bottom, IMHO.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Man of Harveys said:

Who's seizing the moral high ground? If you mean that Man United fans are pissed off about this, well, I'd say they have every right to be. What about simply condemning the behavior of ALL the cretinous fucktards - including your own - rather than just resorting to what sounds like playground "well they started it" finger-pointing?

And any Brighton fan stupid enough ever to sing that Palace thing about the bus is a front bottom, IMHO.
##

exactly:clap:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Man of Harveys said:

:lolol: :lolol:

I'll get a rousing renedition of kum-by-ya going when we go to Old Trafford next time then!

I'm certainly not pointing any fingers, I have far more important things I could be doing with my fingers.

jonogulls

Aug 2, 2004
Starry said:

How many years now have you been singing Munich songs?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here