Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool... extra time or replay??

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
Liverpool game is a treat for the PLASTICS (time for a rant here Tony m's loan spell!)
Palace game is proper football !!!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
But how can you say REAL fans want to beat Liverpool and not Palace. They are our rivals.

Its all about the league. Cups are a BONUS. Thats all a BONUS. Of course I want us to win but given the choice of beating Liverpool or Palace. I will take Palace ALL THE TIME.

Tell you what Im gonna leave the last words to Buzzers children.

Buzzer "ok kids do you want to see Prem League Liverpool or Palace as they are midweek and we can only really do one of them what with school in the morning etc"

Kids " oh Palace dad we dont care about Liverpool"

And you will NEVER find two kids who dont bleed more blue and white than those two.
Said more tongue in cheek to get a reaction! (Although I can still remember how pissed off I was last season with people actively saying they wanted us to lose against FCUM, Woking, Watford etc).

I want us to win every game, to me the most important Albion game is always the next one and I can't prioritise them. I want us to get promoted and win both cups.

And yes, my slightly sanguine approach to the 'Palace or Liverpool'? question is because I don't share the same 'hatred' of Palace that a lot of others do. I was born in the Croydon area into a Palace-supporting family and my first game was at Selhurst Park (1965) For the first ten years or so of my Albion-supporting life this wasn't a problem as they were no more our rivals than Fulham were, probably less so and I still went to Selhurst Park occasionally to support them. Then we were bitter rivals, but even during that period I didn't 'hate' them as much as those who didn't have my background. Nowadays, yes I probably 'hate' Southampton and Portsmouth more than Palace - or at least the same. And of course my anti-Palace feelings are further diluted by our partnership with them in REMF.

I appreciate very few others have the same background as me, and that most of you hate Palace and see them as our bitter rivals. I still 'hate' them to an extent, but to me the only real downside of losing to them is that there will be an increase of crap on here - and of course the fact we've given away three points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here